+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Whittingham Conundram

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Whittingham Conundram

Probably the most effective our midfield has been all season.Never gave Villa any time on the ball.Shame Manga is on his way as I would give this system a run of games.We created more chances than we have for quite some time.Question is do we bring the legend back or continue with the all action style which served us so well today.

Re: The Whittingham Conundram

A fit Peter Whittingham would always be the first name down on the team sheet

A fit Peter Whittingham would always be on the bench.

I've left this subject alone for a while, but today was evidence. Our best display all season in the first half, because we had a dynamic midfield.

He could come on and play wide for the last 20 minutes if absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    A fit Peter Whittingham would always be on the bench.

I've left this subject alone for a while, but today was evidence. Our best display all season in the first half, because we had a dynamic midfield.

He could come on and play wide for the last 20 minutes if absolutely necessary.

My thinking too-not a great follower of stats but I would guess we had more shots on goal today than any other game.So much energy apparent in midfield.

If I had to pick our weakest player out of the starting 11 today, I would say Ralls, would be happy for Whitts to come in for him next game

Depends on the game and the opponent. There are clearly going to be times where each member of the midfield is going to need to do an awful lot of running and that was never Whitts' game, even less so now. However, Whitts' is still such a key player for us and probably should start most games.

Only worked well as we had a lucky goal and villa came here to win.

That lineup and formation against a team looking for a draw would do fudge all.

All credit to NW on this occasion