+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do we take the FA Cup seriously? And will Fulham?

Do we take the FA Cup seriously? And will Fulham?

Almost a week until the game, almost a further week after until the next game (away at Bristol City) so do we go for it next Sunday morning?

Re: Do we take the FA Cup seriously? And will Fulham?

Yes, a cup run really lifts the club

I'd have the players who didn't start today
    and then I'd alternate Morrison and Manga alongside Connolly

Wilson
    Richards Connolly Manga John
    Noone O'Keefe Whitts Pilkington

Lambert Immers

Warnock has said fringe players will be given a run.
    Specifically mentioned Richards

I'd play Noone on his own and ask him to run around as a headless chicken, as he did today.

We still have a big squad and whoever plays should be busting a gut, whether they want to boost interest in themselves within or outside the club.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I'd have the players who didn't start today
    and then I'd alternate Morrison and Manga alongside Connolly

Wilson
    Richards Connolly Manga John
    Noone O'Keefe Whitts Pilkington

Lambert Immers
    Won't Manga be off at the ACON?

Ajayi for Manga, and Huws instead of Whitts - otherwise I agree.

Just decided to go to this and bought 2 tickets. Felt like the team deserve some support after the effort today, and whilst it's a shit time to get up for a match at least I'll still have most of Sunday left when it finishes...

Judging by the number of seats still left we'll be lucky to reach 3000 seats sold...

I'll be there. Love the cup.

Is it still a silly o'clock start, the early starting "old bods " in the Ivor Davies will be in go a shock .

Crap time of day but what the fudge, I loves a good cup tie me, hope we put a strong team out, get a bit of momentum going.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Won't Manga be off at the ACON?

Ajayi for Manga, and Huws instead of Whitts - otherwise I agree.
    I forgot Ajayi was still with us, also Kennedy is still on the books as well, it beggars belief that there are players with such a short career who are happy to be playing reserve football and just picking up a wage

If, as stated Neil starts with Murphy, then this isn't a bad side to put out on Sunday

Murphy
    Richards Connolly Ajayi John
    Noone O'Keefe Huws Pilkington

Lambert Immers

First Team

The fact that that question needs to be asked ( and it's a valid point to raise) is , to me, hugely disappointing.
    Once the FA Cup third round was one of the highlights of the season and a cup run got everyone excited not that we put that many together over the decades. However, if someone asks me for the highlights of my decades of following the City so many will be based around cup matches. Be it Sayers goal against Spurs, the thriller against Wrexham, Mackenzie cheating us with his trip , that Leeds game but also the match against their great team of the 70's and as for the run that got us to the final! Now the competition appears to be an inconvenience for the clubs and a bit of a relic to many supporters. I appreciate that things move on but I bought into the mindset that the FA Cup was special but sadly it appears that is no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    The fact that that question needs to be asked ( and it's a valid point to raise) is , to me, hugely disappointing.
    Once the FA Cup third round was one of the highlights of the season and a cup run got everyone excited not that we put that many together over the decades. However, if someone asks me for the highlights of my decades of following the City so many will be based around cup matches. Be it Sayers goal against Spurs, the thriller against Wrexham, Mackenzie cheating us with his trip , that Leeds game but also the match against their great team of the 70's and as for the run that got us to the final! Now the competition appears to be an inconvenience for the clubs and a bit of a relic to many supporters. I appreciate that things move on but I bought into the mindset that the FA Cup was special but sadly it appears that is no longer the case.
    So true. Shall we say, fans of a certain generation (me included) got goose bumps when the FA Cup matches started. Sadly money is now the major concern and Premiership clubs are either going for top 6, or ensuring they avoid relegation so cup games have become a fixture nuisance with many clubs almost putting out 9-10 reserves.
    It is vital that City avoid relegation but a decent cup run lifts the club, the players, fans and everyone associated.
    It can also bring in extra fans that would otherwise follow City in the papers.