+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The thing i like most at the moment

The thing i like most at the moment

Is hearing people talking about the game with enthusiasm when leaving the ground.

This hasn't happened for years, we were either talking about red and blue kits towards the end of Malky's tenure and under Slade, Ole and Trollope we were talking about anything but football!!!

We are being entertained for the first time in ages and entrance fee is finally worth the money. I hope the crowds start to come back as we are finally becoming a team worth paying to watch again.

Re: The thing i like most at the moment

it is all feeling fairly positive again

I couldn't make today's game due to the flu but I must admit that I found a recent home defeat quite enjoyable. Not for the result, of course.

I also like that Warnock was able to drag us gradually up the table with pretty much the team he inherited, proof that a good manager can inspire any group of players to play to their potential.

Best game and best atmosphere I've seen in the post red era

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I also like that Warnock was able to drag us gradually up the table with pretty much the team he inherited, proof that a good manager can inspire any group of players to play to their potential.
    Midway through the first half I said to my mate that if you didn't know the league positions you'd think city were pushing for promotion.
    If warnock had been there since the end of last season we'd be right up there imho

I like the fact that the turkeys all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I like the fact that the turkeys all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Is hearing people talking about the game with enthusiasm when leaving the ground.

This hasn't happened for years, we were either talking about red and blue kits towards the end of Malky's tenure and under Slade, Ole and Trollope we were talking about anything but football!!!

We are being entertained for the first time in ages and entrance fee is finally worth the money. I hope the crowds start to come back as we are finally becoming a team worth paying to watch again.
    Agree with all of that.

I think I'm right in saying that, even allowing for what I'd say may well have been the biggest away support seen for a club game in the new stadium, it would have been our biggest gate of the season. City home games over the Christmas/New Year period invariably attract people who you don't tend to see at other matches, but, if there's any justice, a few of them should be coming back for more after today.

Home matches are becoming things to look forward to again with I'd say only the Wigan match being a poor one since Warnock's appointment - the home games since then have all been memorable in their different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree with all of that.

I think I'm right in saying that, even allowing for what I'd say may well have been the biggest away support seen for a club game in the new stadium, it would have been our biggest gate of the season. City home games over the Christmas/New Year period invariably attract people who you don't tend to see at other matches, but, if there's any justice, a few of them should be coming back for more after today.

Home matches are becoming things to look forward to again with I'd say only the Wigan match being a poor one since Warnock's appointment - the home games since then have all been memorable in their different ways.
    I actually found the Wigan game pretty entertaining (well compared to the last two years). The only game when i didn't enjoy the spectale was the Brighton game but i knew Warnock was just trying to get a point against a good side.