+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bennett

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bennett

I much prefer him on the left than Peltier. He gives us a proper balance and i thought he was excellent today.

His corners were decent too. He tried to put pace and whip on them instead of just floating them in.

You could see he has a point to prove today.

Re: Bennett

I think he's a decent full back

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think he's a decent full back
    He is top drawer. You dont see many full backs that can stroke a football about like this lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He is top drawer. You dont see many full backs that can stroke a football about like this lad.
    Very classy footballer. I do worry about him a little defensively but he's by far the best left back we've had in the last few years.

Good player-far better than their's who is apparently a £20m player.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I much prefer him on the left than Peltier. He gives us a proper balance and i thought he was excellent today.

His corners were decent too. He tried to put pace and whip on them instead of just floating them in.

You could see he has a point to prove today.
    He is undoubtedly very comfortable on the ball; I'm not convinced about his defensive capabilities though (see Villa away).

Maybe he is the next Gareth Bale?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He is undoubtedly very comfortable on the ball; I'm not convinced about his defensive capabilities though (see Villa away).

Maybe he is the next Gareth Bale?!
    He's 27 in March, so I doubt that but he's probably best suited to a wing back role. If we got a defensive midfield partner for Gunnar, you could afford to play him at left back without too much risk as he'd always have cover. I can see why Peltier was playing ahead of him but I'd rather Bennett.

Agree with the majority of what has been said, including comments on his defensive duties.
    The first quarter of an hour or so Villa got most joy from their right wing and they should have scored when he and another City player got in each others way.
    I have to say that from then onwards he was excellent, got stuck right into Agbonlahor (who seems to have doubled in size in the last few years).

Bennett deserves his place in the team perhaps could develop into LHS midfield? He looks a real find

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree with the majority of what has been said, including comments on his defensive duties.
    The first quarter of an hour or so Villa got most joy from their right wing and they should have scored when he and another City player got in each others way.
    I have to say that from then onwards he was excellent, got stuck right into Agbonlahor (who seems to have doubled in size in the last few years).

Bennett deserves his place in the team perhaps could develop into LHS midfield? He looks a real find
    When Darcey Blake and Agbonlahor were playing youth international football an NP, I seem to remember someone posting that the crowd had sung "Gabby, Gabby, Gabby, Gabby Agbonlahor, his mum's a whore, his mum's a whorrre" to the tune of Karma Chameleon.

He's a defender whose strength isn't defending.

Clean sheets are our priority.

It will be interesting to whether Richards displaces him.