+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

  1. #1

    Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.


  2. #2

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Great write up as per usual Bob. I'd almost forgotten the feeling of getting up for work, still with a big grin on my face, courtesy of a City performance, that as you say makes you proud to be a bluebird. Warnock is a canny old fox. I'm hoping the "this is my kind of club" rhetoric is more than just a marketing statement. The world has seemed a better place since NW arrived back in October and long may it continue!

  3. #3

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Happy New Year Bob !
    Yes, Mr Warnock is a manager you love to hate except when he is your manager!!

    I throughly enjoyed that yesterday !

    He just seems to know what our supporters want from their team and was the right man to come in after our poor start to the season. When Malky went, we all felt we needed an experienced manager to keep us up and Warnock along with Pulis seemed to be what we needed at the time but the club gambled on OGS and rest is history!
    Hopefully, the club have got it right this time and a few more performances like yesterday particularly like the first half will ensure Championship football.
    The transformation of Gunnarsson performances under Warnock after a couple of seasons of looking like a player who wasn't enjoying his football has been amazing , he has been outstanding and when he makes a mistake ,you can forgive him as you know he is putting everything into the game.
    Likewise the transformation of Zohore from the start of the season , who now looks interested,fit and is worrying defences all game. I thought that was his best performance at home and deserved a goal which may have came with a bit more composure.
    Hopefully there will be some wheeling and dealing done to move players out and get some players in to start getting the club moving up the table.
    Looking forward to next game already !!
    And I was told
    That the streets were paved with gold
    And there'd be no time for getting old when we were young

  4. #4

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Thanks for that Bob and it sums up a lot of what i was thinking as i was leaving the ground yesterday.

    The buzz is definitely coming back and i actually care whether we win or lose again!

    I can honestly say that the last few years i haven't really give a shit and watching Cardiff was like going to the dentist.

    Yesterday felt like a bit of an old fashioned cup tie against a bigger club but as you have said we more than matched them for the first 60 minutes.

    I felt Zohore run out of steam in the last 20 and this made us quite ineffective towards the end when our only real outlet was Kadeem.

    I hope we can add a creative midfielder in the mould of Judge from Brentford and another striker too.

    I refuse to write off Fred yet though and i would like to see him given a few games alongside Zohore as the "big man" in the partnership as i think Zohore would be perfectly capable of being the man who runs in behind.

    We have some important fixtures on the horizon and i hope we can put any relegation fears to bed in the next month or two.

  5. #5

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Slade was the bitter-tasting medicine City needed to halt a potential slide into league 1, Trollope was the homeopathic remedy which proved useless.

    It's nice to have a manager who is not exactly the opposition fans' favourite. I'd tired of seeing City players accept wrong refereeing decisions with a shrug of the shoulders, and has anyone else noticed that whenever a Villa player [or any other team this season] receives a pass, a City player nearly always [as the pundits say] 'leaves a little bit on the player. Not enough for a free kick, but just enough to know he's there.

    We all admire skill and finesse in football, but there's nothing quite like the cut and thrust of a fast paced game. Strangely, one player who you could argue lacks pace, seems to be revelling in it. Gunnarson was M.O.M. again for me, too, probably playing the best ever for the club.

  6. #6

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Different feel about the place.There was no resigned shrug from those around us but plenty of smiling faces and high fives.Good to see the players getting stuck into the opposition and great to see on the Villa message board the bile being poured out against us.:xmashehe:
    The feel good factor is returning!!

  7. #7

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Different feel about the place.There was no resigned shrug from those around us but plenty of smiling faces and high fives.Good to see the players getting stuck into the opposition and great to see on the Villa message board the bile being poured out against us.:xmashehe:
    The feel good factor is returning!!
    Warnock could be the worst manager in the world and I wouldnt care, he seems to be able to motivate players - something I think only Malky has done previously. Slade, Trollope, Jones failed in that dept, although with hindsight the football played under Jones and the player chemistry seems merely a pipe dream now.

    I would rather watch us play like that and lose by the odd goal than watch the dross that Slade and Trollope dished up. I think / hope Warnock is bringing a boot room type mentality to the club and that is - as witnessed by the comments on here also being transferred to the support.

    Success and belief is contagious

  8. #8
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    11,484

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Good write up that, and I think summarises qhat most of us are feeling.
    At one point yesterday, I felt that win/lose or draw, I would have left the ground feeling happy. Happy that the players had given their all, happy that I felt entertained and engaged.
    Any disappointment that I would've felt would've been purely for the players who had worked so hard to get their deserved win.
    As it is, it made coming back to work today a little more bearable!

  9. #9

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Thanks for that Bob and it sums up a lot of what i was thinking as i was leaving the ground yesterday.

    The buzz is definitely coming back and i actually care whether we win or lose again!

    I can honestly say that the last few years i haven't really give a shit and watching Cardiff was like going to the dentist.

    Yesterday felt like a bit of an old fashioned cup tie against a bigger club but as you have said we more than matched them for the first 60 minutes.

    I felt Zohore run out of steam in the last 20 and this made us quite ineffective towards the end when our only real outlet was Kadeem.

    I hope we can add a creative midfielder in the mould of Judge from Brentford and another striker too.

    I refuse to write off Fred yet though and i would like to see him given a few games alongside Zohore as the "big man" in the partnership as i think Zohore would be perfectly capable of being the man who runs in behind.

    We have some important fixtures on the horizon and i hope we can put any relegation fears to bed in the next month or two.
    Incidentally does anyone know what the attendance was yesterday ?
    Everyone seems to be talking about a large away contingent and a cup tie atmosphere ?

  10. #10

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    21391 if I remember correctly , away end was packed - so about 3k in there

  11. #11

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Incidentally does anyone know what the attendance was yesterday ?
    Everyone seems to be talking about a large away contingent and a cup tie atmosphere ?
    21,391.

  12. #12

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    21391 if I remember correctly , away end was packed - so about 3k in there
    Wish we could get 20K at all our home games

  13. #13

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    21391 if I remember correctly , away end was packed - so about 3k in there
    Plenty of Villa fans in the home crowd too...

  14. #14

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Many thanks for the usual sterling write up Paul. Sure does echo what many of us are feeling these days. Lets hope it continues.
    Spedger

  15. #15

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Thanks bob I think you summed the last few years up really well.

    I keep thinking about weather Idris Saadi could be a striking option for us there was something about him the day slade played him that showed his potential.

  16. #16

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Plenty of Villa fans in the home crowd too...

    Really? If there was I would be astounded there were no more than 50

  17. #17

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Slade was the bitter-tasting medicine City needed to halt a potential slide into league 1, Trollope was the homeopathic remedy which proved useless.

    It's nice to have a manager who is not exactly the opposition fans' favourite. I'd tired of seeing City players accept wrong refereeing decisions with a shrug of the shoulders, and has anyone else noticed that whenever a Villa player [or any other team this season] receives a pass, a City player nearly always [as the pundits say] 'leaves a little bit on the player. Not enough for a free kick, but just enough to know he's there.

    We all admire skill and finesse in football, but there's nothing quite like the cut and thrust of a fast paced game. Strangely, one player who you could argue lacks pace, seems to be revelling in it. Gunnarson was M.O.M. again for me, too, probably playing the best ever for the club.
    Totally agree Monky

  18. #18

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    A great read thank you
    Morrison deserves a mention too, I have been critical of him recently and I love being proved wrong. Albeit his confidence was boosted by a solid Bamba in front of him, an assured Manga alongside him and a reliable Murphy behind him.
    I went back to work this morning with a smile on my face for a change. A performance full of desire ( thank you Mr Warnock) made sure that smile lasted all day.
    Long may it continue !

  19. #19

    Re: Slowly but surely, we seem to be getting our Cardiff City back.

    A great read

    "scorer Ralls offered reminders of why he looked such a great prospect in that Reading match"

    For me Ralls, as much as I would like to see him do well, is doing better than we might have hoped but not good enough. He is inconsistent. He runs hard but too often misses the tackle. Gets into good scoring positions but too often delivers a tame shot.
    He chases shadows and doesn't create enough.
    Will he get better? Yes. Should we keep him? Yes.
    I rate him as averaging 6. Right now we need a consistent 7 or better still 8 to replace him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •