+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Changes for Fa Cup game against Fulham

Changes for Fa Cup game against Fulham

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ssion-12397016

BY CHRIS WATHAN

3 JAN 2017

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock is ready to run the rule over fit-again Jazz Richards in the FA Cup as he warned he's ready to send out a fringe team to face Fulham at the weekend.

Warnock, who reached the semi-finals when with Sheffield United in 2003, says he won't try and kid supporters he's about to go all guns blazing come the third-round clash with the Londoners on Sunday.

And, instead, he's ready to give chances to a number of players who have struggled to make an impact during his three-month reign by naming a weakened side for the televised game.

It includes Wales Euro 2016 man Richards who made his first appearance in a matchday squad under Warnock after a string of fitness problems since the Yorkshireman's arrival in October.

Knee and calf problems have kept Richards out of action, leaving Warnock frustrated, but he admitted the former Fulham and Swansea defender is in line to figure against his old club.

“It gives us some help,” Warnock said of Richards, who appeared for Wales in their opening Euro 2016 win over Slovakia in June. “We've not had the numbers we need at this level and I've seen us throw games and points away because we haven't had the numbers.

“But it’s FA Cup next time so I will be playing the lads who haven’t had a game in the FA Cup – I make no bones about that and I might as well tell the fans now.

“I need to give Jazz Richards and people like that a competitive game. Although I won’t be making that many changes because we haven’t got the squad but I will be giving one or two others an opportunity.”

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock is ready to run the rule over fit-again Jazz Richards in the FA Cup as he warned he's ready to send out a fringe team to face Fulham at the weekend.

Warnock, who reached the semi-finals when with Sheffield United in 2003, says he won't try and kid supporters he's about to go all guns blazing come the third-round clash with the Londoners on Sunday.

And, instead, he's ready to give chances to a number of players who have struggled to make an impact during his three-month reign by naming a weakened side for the televised game.

It includes Wales Euro 2016 man Richards who made his first appearance in a matchday squad under Warnock after a string of fitness problems since the Yorkshireman's arrival in October.

Knee and calf problems have kept Richards out of action, leaving Warnock frustrated, but he admitted the former Fulham and Swansea defender is in line to figure against his old club.

Jazz Richards will play

“It gives us some help,” Warnock said of Richards, who appeared for Wales in their opening Euro 2016 win over Slovakia in June. “We've not had the numbers we need at this level and I've seen us throw games and points away because we haven't had the numbers.

“But it’s FA Cup next time so I will be playing the lads who haven’t had a game in the FA Cup – I make no bones about that and I might as well tell the fans now.

“I need to give Jazz Richards and people like that a competitive game. Although I won’t be making that many changes because we haven’t got the squad but I will be giving one or two others an opportunity.”

Another Wales international, Emyr Huws, could also get a chance having been on the bench for the Bluebirds' last two outings while Rickie Lambert, another unused sub in the impressive 1-0 win over Villa could also get a run-out with Warnock keen to keep Kenneth Zohore as his first-choice No.9.

Lex Immers, Declan John and Stuart O'Keefe are among the other senior players waiting for starts under Warnock, though Bruno Manga will not be available as he travels to Gabon to represent the hosts in the African Cup of Nations. It remains to be seen whether Peter Whittingham will figure, the midfielder approaching his ten-year milestone at the club missing the Villa match having failed to recover from a calf problem.
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 03-01-17 at 11:54.

Re: Changes for Fa Cup game against Fulham

By the time I'd gotten to the end of that post I thought I was on **** for a minute.

Warnock has confirmed that Murphy will keep his place in goal for the Fulham game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    By the time I'd gotten to the end of that post I thought I was on **** for a minute.
    Just trying to post some city related news

Connolly, Huws, O'Keefe, Pilkington, Immers, Gounongbe/Lambert will probably play as well as Jazz, having all played little/no part in yesterday's match.