+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Zahore or Gounongbe

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zahore

19 95.00%
  • Gounongbe

1 5.00%

Thread: Zahore or Gounongbe - Who's better?

Zahore or Gounongbe - Who's better?

I'm assuming Rickie will always be our first choice centre forward when all 3 are fit, and with Chamakh gone [who I was surprised about as I thought he's a decent player] surely we don't need 2 other big lumps.

At first Gounongbe seemed much the better footballer, better footballing brain, more decisive runs. In fact Zahore looked like a slower Eddie Johnson at first. However Zahore has improved so much so that it's worth asking the question.

Out of the two if one is to go this month, who to stay?

Re: Zahore or Gounongbe - Who's better?

At first it was different as you say, now Zohore and it isn't close.

And zohore isn't even 23 yet.

Gestede began to peak at the age of 26.

I don't think we'll see Gounongbe (even on the bench) ever again (whether we find a buyer or not this January).

Neither is good enough , at best at the moment and he may improve Zahore deserves a bench job?

He has put a good shift in recently games , on the eye looks leaner , seems to have lost weight , perhaps he decided to get fit , think he should have bagged one yesterday at least , doesn't seem to threaten in the air.

My guess is NW will look beyond them if he can , but lets be fair everyone wants a big, pacy 30 goal a year striker .

Zohore at this moment in time. Remains to be seen whether he can add the required goals to his game too. I think he has about 5 games to show he can...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm assuming Rickie will always be our first choice centre forward when all 3 are fit, and with Chamakh gone [who I was surprised about as I thought he's a decent player] surely we don't need 2 other big lumps.

At first Gounongbe seemed much the better footballer, better footballing brain, more decisive runs. In fact Zahore looked like a slower Eddie Johnson at first. However Zahore has improved so much so that it's worth asking the question.

Out of the two if one is to go this month, who to stay?

Warnock's comments & actions of late lead me to believe that Zohore is our number 1 striker at present with Lambert & Fred as back up. I don't think that Lambert is capable of playing 90 minutes in our current set up & I cannot see that changing any time soon. I fully expect Zohore to be rested on Sunday so in my view Lambert will start with some places on the bench up for grabs - maybe Rhys Healey will be given a chance along with Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Neither is good enough , at best at the moment and he may improve Zahore deserves a bench job?

He has put a good shift in recently games , on the eye looks leaner , seems to have lost weight , perhaps he decided to get fit , think he should have bagged one yesterday at least , doesn't seem to threaten in the air.

My guess is NW will look beyond them if he can , but lets be fair everyone wants a big, pacy 30 goal a year striker .
    You are probably right about the 5 games, depends on whether he signs someone which could work in Kens favour giving him time to get match fit.
    Fred for me is lower down the pecking order but with Lambert seemingly less fit that we expected, he may still get his chance also.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Warnock's comments & actions of late lead me to believe that Zohore is our number 1 striker at present with Lambert & Fred as back up. I don't think that Lambert is capable of playing 90 minutes in our current set up & I cannot see that changing any time soon. I fully expect Zohore to be rested on Sunday so in my view Lambert will start with some places on the bench up for grabs - maybe Rhys Healey will be given a chance along with Fred.
    Healey is cup tied.

Id say Zahore is Warnocks no.1 striker at the moment..

Im suprised Lambert didnt come on towards the end yesterday. Hed have done a better job holding and protecting the ball in the corner. Warnock obviously still wanted Zahores extra pace and energy. I think Ricky is one of the players Warnock wouldnt be too unhappy to lose. Fred im pretty sure is one hed like gone.