+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone flown with vueling???

Anyone flown with vueling???

Trying to work out there baggage requirements, either basic or optima but good knows what diff is.....???

Re: Anyone flown with vueling???

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Trying to work out there baggage requirements, either basic or optima but good knows what diff is.....???
    I have booked with them for a a wee break in June. I went for optima as it gave us 20kg each . It was still very reasonable.

careful there is no refueling hence the name

Yes been with them quite a few times. I don't understand how it works with bags.

Couldn't ask for more apart from one time and there was a fault with the lift or whatever is used to get disabled people onto the plane.

They were running late and let the people able to walk on first. They then dragged people in wheelchairs up the steps...At the end you had one quite skinny steward guy with both arms around a largish womens torso, pulling her up.

No one had seen anything like it but we go there on time.

Went to Alicante with them-they were very good.

Glad people have had good experiences, i must be very unlucky as I had nothing but problems on so many flights. Gone down hill massively from when they 1st started and since the takeover been nothing but tight arses as they screw every f**k penny out of you. Just hope you never have to deal with the customer service for a refund.

The guys who set it up started another company recently called Volotea.

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Glad people have had good experiences, i must be very unlucky as I had nothing but problems on so many flights. Gone down hill massively from when they 1st started and since the takeover been nothing but tight arses as they screw every f**k penny out of you. Just hope you never have to deal with the customer service for a refund.

The guys who set it up started another company recently called Volotea.
    If you have had nothing but problems why did you continue to fly using them/ It makes no sense!

in these days of paying extra for luggage why not just take a few pairs of spare pants in your pocket and buy what you need over there?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    in these days of paying extra for luggage why not just take a few pairs of spare pants in your pocket and buy what you need over there?
    And wear your dirty strides on your head on the return trip.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    If you have to pay for checked luggage then the airline is just not for me

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    If you have to pay for checked luggage then the airline is just not for me
    What airlines give free checked luggage then? It's a hidden cost. The budget airlines offer a cheaper flight for those without baggage. Your "free luggage" airline merely charges everyone for luggage whether they use it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    What airlines give free checked luggage then? It's a hidden cost. The budget airlines offer a cheaper flight for those without baggage. Your "free luggage" airline merely charges everyone for luggage whether they use it or not.
    I fully understand its a hidden cost, when i book a ticket i accept i pay for a checked piece of luggage ( or 2 ) thats fine with me

I fully understand its a hidden cost, when i book a ticket i accept i pay for a checked piece of luggage ( or 2 ) thats fine with me
    So if British Airways does the journey for £670 (including luggage) to Mallorca in June , (no need to tick any boxes)
    2 stops takes 6 hours

And Vueling goes direct for £85, in 2 hours, but you have to select the baggage option, you are going with British Airways?

I know what you are thinking "I didnt know there was a disneyland in Mallorca ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    So if British Airways does the journey for £670 (including luggage) to Mallorca in June , (no need to tick any boxes)
    2 stops takes 6 hours

And Vueling goes direct for £85, in 2 hours, but you have to select the baggage option, you are going with British Airways?

I know what you are thinking "I didnt know there was a disneyland in Mallorca ?"
    just checked, no disneyland in Mallorca, i thought maybe you knew something i didnt

On a serious note, I would look for other airlines over BA if that was the route and the time it took

Just not a fan of " budget airlines "

i was going to fly to Dublin on one of them from Bristol for a lads trip away, you had to pay for luggage, then pay to reserve your seat, in the end we didnt go ( not for the reasons of the flight, the trip just didnt take place )

another of my moans, we flew to Dublin last year ( on the way to orlando, dont worry, they dont have a Irish disneyland yet ) the drinks came around, i had a coffee, thats 3 euro's sir, so they now want you to pay for your drinks, 1st world problems though i guess

just checked, no disneyland in Mallorca, i thought maybe you knew something i didnt

On a serious note, I would look for other airlines over BA if that was the route and the time it took

i was going to fly to Dublin on one of them from Bristol for a lads trip away, you had to pay for luggage, then pay to reserve your seat, in the end we didnt go ( not for the reasons of the flight, the trip just didnt take place )

another of my moans, we flew to Dublin last year ( on the way to orlando, dont worry, they dont have a Irish disneyland yet ) the drinks came around, i had a coffee, thats 3 euro's sir, so they now want you to pay for your drinks, 1st world problems though i guess
    Vueling are going to Mallorca in June , they are the only ones doing non stop when I would like to go. The price is cheaper than a train ticket to London (with bags)

P.S First part of the holiday is cycling across the Island , would you like me to post my Strava results on here?)

Nobody needs to check in luggage, reserve a seat or even buy a coffee for a short boys weekend in Dublin.

Incidentally, when I was pricing up a long haul with BA last year, they were charging to reserve a seat.

would you like me to post my Strava results on here?)

you know you want to

Jimmy, while you are on here, where do you get your T5 / 6 chrome sidebars from ? ? ?

Jimmy, while you are on here, where do you get your T5 / 6 chrome sidebars from ? ? ?
    Generally E bay . I have a brand new set of chrome roof bars at the back of the workshops (still in the box) for a T5.

Generally E bay . I have a brand new set of chrome roof bars at the back of the workshops (still in the box) for a T5.
    been messed around twice on 2 pairs ( from 2 different sellers ) since before Christmas, it appears 1 of them doesnt stock them, waits till they have enough to make a order and then gets a few sets in

getting cheesed of with it all now, it was s.posed to have been a Birthday gift for the mrs, but thats long gone now

I like the chrome roof bars, they look good

What about a bike rack??? I'm just about to buy one....£450