+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ToBW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: ToBW

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Eric was a Jones hater, way above and beyond the call of duty.
    I got utterly fed up of the way we could look brilliant under Jones' management and look invincible, then be completely rubbish for weeks on end. His squad was arguably the best the club has had in many a year yet Jones' failings in terms of man management (at times), tactically and in terms of getting his teams to battle and scrap for points (you have agreed with these things btw) when things weren't going our way cost a good side promotion. If he is given credit for the good results and performances, he also gets the opposite when things were dreadful. We should have been the first Welsh team in the Premier League and, if we had, we'd have been on a better footing than the side that eventually went up in 2013. Who knows where it would have led?

Re: ToBW

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I got utterly fed up of the way we could look brilliant under Jones' management and look invincible, then be completely rubbish for weeks on end. His squad was arguably the best the club has had in many a year yet Jones' failings in terms of man management (at times), tactically and in terms of getting his teams to battle and scrap for points (you have agreed with these things btw) when things weren't going our way cost a good side promotion. If he is given credit for the good results and performances, he also gets the opposite when things were dreadful. We should have been the first Welsh team in the Premier League and, if we had, we'd have been on a better footing than the side that eventually went up in 2013. Who knows where it would have led?
    I have agreed we had a soft belly. but I was enjoying the football in the whole and felt Jones was being slated in certain quarters because he wasn't pretending to be the fans best pal.
    At the time I just didn't quite understand why you disliked him so much.
    Couple of interesting things I have learned since.
    I had a pint with Nathan Blake at a Wales game and asked him about Jones,s managerial style. He reckoned Jones got a couple of leaders in the dressing room and pretty much left it up to them. Obviously there was more to him than just that as he had a good eye for a footballer that would play to the style he wanted them too.

I disliked Slade so much I couldn't see any good in him, I cant explain why he made me feel like that, was it because he looked disinterested during the game, his press conferences were full of cliches , I dunno but I didn't like him and was super critical of him. I guess it made me realise if you dont like someone, you dont like em.