+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ToBW

Re: ToBW

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If your gonna aim. Aim high.
    If your going after the mafia, you take the Don out first. ��
    Are you looking to take over as one of the CCMB Footy thread Dons?!

Fair play, it's good to have a wealth of diverse contributions and we do need healthy debate, but your few slightly bizarre posts that look like they come from somebody's 'multi' and an exceptionally limp quiz that nobody was interested in wont cut it ;)

If you are keen to make these combative analogies, I'd suggest that you don't go into battle with a (rather bent looking) pea-shooter.

I admit, like I'm more than a reader than a skilled contributor, but I'm looking forward to enjoying your thought provoking contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

Fair play, it's good to have a wealth of diverse contributions and we do need healthy debate, but your few slightly bizarre posts that look like they come from somebody's 'multi' and an exceptionally limp quiz that nobody was interested in wont cut it ;)

If you are keen to make these combative analogies, I'd suggest that you don't go into battle with a (rather bent looking) pea-shooter.

I admit, like I'm more than a reader than a skilled contributor, but I'm looking forward to enjoying your thought provoking contributions.
    Just looking to have bit of banter and some fun fella. There is more to life than the team we support, but you wouldn't think so reading this MB. Most people on here seem to be constantly on the defensive, and offended by everything. Just look at some of the replies because I dared to question one of ToBW's blogs.
    I said in my first ever post, that I wouldn' be boosting the IQ average on here, and I meant it. 😜
    I'm not looking to "take over" anything. I'm just a minute sum of the total parts on here.
    Lighten up 👍

Yes sah! Already lightened up and ready for action - sah!

Yes sah! Already lightened up and ready for action - sah!
    Good lad. You know it makes sense 👍

The more football threads on here the better ?. Your right though. I probably should have.
    ''You're right though'' - sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would you also agree that we were also capable of playing utter horseshit under Jones and had we been able to use the term 'fighting performance' under his stewardship we would have gone up under Jones? For every great result under DJ there was a shocking, spineless effort that Trollope's time succeeded in emulating.
    I can't agree with that I'm sorry.

Where I agree about the shocking and almost unbelievable capitulations that we witnessed under DJ that saw the team miss out on promotion, they were far, FAR outweighed by the number of games when the team played well, otherwise surely the team would have been at the other end of the table?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I can't agree with that I'm sorry.

Where I agree about the shocking and almost unbelievable capitulations that we witnessed under DJ that saw the team miss out on promotion, they were far, FAR outweighed by the number of games when the team played well, otherwise surely the team would have been at the other end of the table?!
    Eric was a Jones hater, way above and beyond the call of duty.

''You're right though'' - sorry!

No need to apologise. I'ts good to be pulled up when one makes a mistake. No harm in keeping people on their toes! 👍

By the way. I thought the question I posed , in my "limp quiz" was a good thought provoking question. It needed a lot of working out, and a lot of football knowledge. The only reply was from a whippersnapper who admitted he didn't even know that the European cup went as far back as 1955. Ah well. You can but try 😔
    Last edited by William Treseder; 05-01-17 at 10:53. Reason: Mid spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Well that is just daft.

Each manager and player should be judged on their merits, performances and results.

Jones was at the club a while and delivered some good times and good football (importantly) as well as the occasional toe-curlingly bad ones.

Trollope on the other hand.......

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry, but you're going to have to help me here, was what I said about Tan "bizarre" because I said he wasn't to blame for all that has gone wrong at the club since May 2012
    Yes.

He is the one at the top. His decisions permeate down. Mackay overspent? Tan should have controlled that.

Bad feeling among fans. I think Cardiff fans would have been mature enough to accept relegation from the top flight. There were protests before the game against Man City, the first home game of the season. Who should be to blame for that?

Tan toppled the first domino and is responsible for the state of the club now.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    You need to.

Why does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Yes.

He is the one at the top. His decisions permeate down. Mackay overspent? Tan should have controlled that.

Bad feeling among fans. I think Cardiff fans would have been mature enough to accept relegation from the top flight. There were protests before the game against Man City, the first home game of the season. Who should be to blame for that?

Tan toppled the first domino and is responsible for the state of the club now.
    So, you blame Tan alone for, say, the Cornelius signing, the appointment of Ole, the boring style of play adopted by one of our recent managers and the complete absence of players from our Academy making first team debuts since Declan John nearly three and a half years ago?

I agree Tan is to blame for an awful lot of what went wrong after summer 2012, but I don't see how a case can be made against him for the last two criteria I mention in particular. I would say it would be "bizarre" to claim that he was to blame for Slade's boring football and the lack of young, home grown talent coming into the first team - using your logic, Tan will be entirely responsible if the improvement seen in the first team since Warnock arrived is maintained and if we suddenly start bringing in youngsters who prosper in the first team.

Well that is just daft.

Each manager and player should be judged on their merits, performances and results.

Jones was at the club a while and delivered some good times and good football (importantly) as well as the occasional toe-curlingly bad ones.

Trollope on the other hand.......
    If Trollope had cut it , we would have been playing some great football .
    He didn't .
    That said I do enjoy Warnocks blood and thunder style .

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    First rule of TOBW:

You dont talk (shit) about TOBW.

**** with Bob, you **** with all of us.

He's like the Lemmy of this board.
    Yeah!!! Right!!!!

By the way. I thought the question I posed , in my "limp quiz" was a good thought provoking question. It needed a lot of working out, and a lot of football knowledge. The only reply was from a whippersnapper who admitted he didn't even know that the European cup went as far back as 1955. Ah well. You can but try ��
    It wasn't a question you could work out. You either knew it or you didn't, and it was so obscure that most of us didn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It wasn't a question you could work out. You either knew it or you didn't, and it was so obscure that most of us didn't know it.
    No point in making them easy. Thought one or two of the older posters on here might have known it or been able to have a decent guess.
    Ok. Which player, has played for the most British clubs? (20 in all)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I got utterly fed up of the way we could look brilliant under Jones' management and look invincible, then be completely rubbish for weeks on end. His squad was arguably the best the club has had in many a year yet Jones' failings in terms of man management (at times), tactically and in terms of getting his teams to battle and scrap for points (you have agreed with these things btw) when things weren't going our way cost a good side promotion. If he is given credit for the good results and performances, he also gets the opposite when things were dreadful. We should have been the first Welsh team in the Premier League and, if we had, we'd have been on a better footing than the side that eventually went up in 2013. Who knows where it would have led?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I got utterly fed up of the way we could look brilliant under Jones' management and look invincible, then be completely rubbish for weeks on end. His squad was arguably the best the club has had in many a year yet Jones' failings in terms of man management (at times), tactically and in terms of getting his teams to battle and scrap for points (you have agreed with these things btw) when things weren't going our way cost a good side promotion. If he is given credit for the good results and performances, he also gets the opposite when things were dreadful. We should have been the first Welsh team in the Premier League and, if we had, we'd have been on a better footing than the side that eventually went up in 2013. Who knows where it would have led?
    I have agreed we had a soft belly. but I was enjoying the football in the whole and felt Jones was being slated in certain quarters because he wasn't pretending to be the fans best pal.
    At the time I just didn't quite understand why you disliked him so much.
    Couple of interesting things I have learned since.
    I had a pint with Nathan Blake at a Wales game and asked him about Jones,s managerial style. He reckoned Jones got a couple of leaders in the dressing room and pretty much left it up to them. Obviously there was more to him than just that as he had a good eye for a footballer that would play to the style he wanted them too.

I disliked Slade so much I couldn't see any good in him, I cant explain why he made me feel like that, was it because he looked disinterested during the game, his press conferences were full of cliches , I dunno but I didn't like him and was super critical of him. I guess it made me realise if you dont like someone, you dont like em.