+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ritchie Humphreys named caretaker manager of Chesterfield after Wilson sacked

Ritchie Humphreys named caretaker manager of Chesterfield after Wilson sacked

Humphreys of course on the pitch for Cardiff when the eight men drew with Cambridge in 1999.

As well as Danny Wilson getting sacked Neil Warnock's old henchman Chris Morgan got the boot as well.

Can you believe Humphreys is still playing. He was a sub for Chesterfield as recent as November 2016 when he came off the bench v Sheff Utd.

Re: Ritchie Humphreys named caretaker manager of Chesterfield after Wilson sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Humphreys of course on the pitch for Cardiff when the eight men drew with Cambridge in 1999.

As well as Danny Wilson getting sacked Neil Warnock's old henchman Chris Morgan got the boot as well.

Can you believe Humphreys is still playing. He was a sub for Chesterfield as recent as November 2016 when he came off the bench v Sheff Utd.
    Wasn't he on loan to us from Sheffield Wednesday at the time? Or is my memory playing tricks with me?

Re: Ritchie Humphreys named caretaker manager of Chesterfield after Wilson sacked

Funny enough I was telling someone about that game against Cambridge just last week.

Despite play off finals and cup finals I think I enjoyed that 0 0 away at Cambridge more than any of the 'big' games we've been involved in.

The whole night was strange. On the way we got a little lost looking for the ground when Saffin asked me to pull over so he could ask someone for directions. Only for that someone to be a group of Japanese tourists who looked more lost than us.

Ritchie Humphreys was amazing that night and for me will always be associated with the greatest nil nil I have ever seen live.

We laughed all the way home.