+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our atmosphere

Our atmosphere

It's shockingly bad for a bank holiday 3pm KO.

Yes, good atmospheres are created by good, entertaining football but sometimes we need some artificial atmosphere when things aren't fantastic on the pitch. The 'chants' are bordering on the pathetic and the crowd barely got on the back of the ref for some shocking decisions.

Not only does a good atmosphere make for a better game, it obviously influences the team and the officials. Look at the 2-2 against Swansea a few years back when Ross McCormack got a penalty just because of the hostile atmosphere.

All that needs to be done is switch the family stand and the Canton - put some netting up, job done. I can't see the 'family club of the year' doing that however as I'm assuming the SWP have too much of a sway on this now sterile stadium.

Re: Our atmosphere

Should have come to the Cardiff game . It's been fantastic so far .

Surprisingly, I'm there.

It's starting to pick up but still a bit dour

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Surprisingly, I'm there.

It's starting to pick up but still a bit dour
    Actually it's turned into a great atmosphere but only thanks to several awful decisions from this bald tosser of a ref

Yes, good atmospheres are created by good, entertaining football but sometimes we need some artificial atmosphere when things aren't fantastic on the pitch. The 'chants' are bordering on the pathetic and the crowd barely got on the back of the ref for some shocking decisions.

Not only does a good atmosphere make for a better game, it obviously influences the team and the officials. Look at the 2-2 against Swansea a few years back when Ross McCormack got a penalty just because of the hostile atmosphere.

All that needs to be done is switch the family stand and the Canton - put some netting up, job done. I can't see the 'family club of the year' doing that however as I'm assuming the SWP have too much of a sway on this now sterile stadium.
    Liverpool, Dortmund, when Belgium came to Wales....

The atmosphere does not depend on being able to see away fans faces, the club has compromised by allowing for "standing is accepted" stand and there were plenty of times we had a shocking atmosphere in the days of the big green net. Your answer to the issue is something that has been brought up countless times but the layout of the stadium isn't changing so time to find new answers.

Would have been murder today if the ends switched.
    Stewards and police had to be brought in between Villa and Family Stand as it was

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Would have been murder today if the ends switched.
    Stewards and police had to be brought in between Villa and Family Stand as it was
    The family Stand stood their ground

The timing of this thread is poor-very good today I thought and the referee got plenty

The atmosphere for a 21k aledged crowd was poor , we don't seem to have any unique way of creating songs or noise any longer , other than asking people to bang their heads.

The crowds main make up is over 50's , who are well past their anthem signing stage , most are bysy managing their prostrate , and buying bovril to avoid lengthy half time queues .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The atmosphere for a 21k aledged crowd was poor , we don't seem to have any unique way of creating songs or noise any longer , other than asking people to bang their heads.

The crowds main make up is over 50's , who are well past their anthem signing stage , most are bysy managing their prostrate , and buying bovril to avoid lengthy half time queues .
    Oi, I'm 56 and and join in with the anthems in the Canton. Yelled at that ref to FU.... go forth and multiply so many times today my voice is knackered! No problems with the prostate as yet and I dislike bovril as much as a certain villa player who dived all afternoon.

I think most of us were shittin ourselves, just waiting for the obligatory last 5 minute capitulation!

We were louder outside after the game mind, with Villa fans filing past like church mice!

We desperately need some new songs, it's just the same three or four over and over every game, not helped by the drummer that keeps starting the same three or four songs every game. Are any of the Barry Horns City fans? They've come up with some great ones for Wales. Not that I'd want a band or anything.

It got slightly Delia a couple of times with the fella on the PA screaming "Who are we?". And it was a perfect invitation for the Villa fans to sing back "Who the fakin 'ell are you?".

Orherwise, Vila only had about 3 songs too.

I'm very happy in the Canton thanks. I can stare at the away fans throughout the whole game while ignoring what's going on pitch-wise without cricking my neck.

So the Op was at the game posting on the Internet wondering why the atmosphere wasn't that great?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    So the Op was at the game posting on the Internet wondering why the atmosphere wasn't that great?
    Whilst looking at the Villa fans the whole game...