+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

  1. #1

    Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    "He's probably saved me 1.5m I would imagine. I can't see myself buying anyone better than that," said Warnock.


    We need a Chopra to play off him. Could it be Healy?
    Alternatively would Zahore playing alongside Lambert work?

  2. #2

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    "He's probably saved me 1.5m I would imagine. I can't see myself buying anyone better than that," said Warnock.


    We need a Chopra to play off him. Could it be Healy?
    Alternatively would Zahore playing alongside Lambert work?
    Lansbury has 6 months on his contract, and is worth 3m. Sako is going for 4m. We don't have the financial might to get a top striker. Lambert and Zohore might work though.

  3. #3

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    I agree, if we don't get at least another forward in I can't see where we are going to score enough goals to maybe even stay up.

  4. #4

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    I sense some clever PR, we are never going to splash big money's now on a potential failure, we will bolster in wide positions ,another quick full back, and we need a Jordan Mutch type midfielder, as we lack breakaway pace.

  5. #5

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I sense some clever PR, we are never going to splash big money's now on a potential failure, we will bolster in wide positions ,another quick full back, and we need a Jordan Mutch type midfielder, as we lack breakaway pace.
    We need a fast little un to pair up with the big un, that's how good strike partnerships used to work

  6. #6

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    We need a fast little un to pair up with the big un, that's how good strike partnerships used to work
    Rhys Healey?

  7. #7

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    "He's probably saved me 1.5m I would imagine. I can't see myself buying anyone better than that," said Warnock.


    We need a Chopra to play off him. Could it be Healy?
    Alternatively would Zahore playing alongside Lambert work?
    Sounds like great man managament to me, he's come on leaps and bounds and NW has to take the credit for it. If he keeps playing likle he does, and just works on his finishing he could be one hell of a player.

  8. #8
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    5,974

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Sounds like great man managament to me, he's come on leaps and bounds and NW has to take the credit for it. If he keeps playing likle he does, and just works on his finishing he could be one hell of a player.
    Agree. I think Warnock is doing the right thing by talking up Ken to boost his confidence and desire, whilst his coaches are clearly working very hard on the training ground to improve him. He's still young and will/should get better.

    I would much rather grow our own players, or take a punt on unknowns from abroad or lower leagues, and turn them into players - rather than build the squad with a cheque book.
    there are fascists pretending to be humanitarians like cannibals on a healthkick eating only vegetarians (Roger McGough)

  9. #9
    First Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    4,471

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree. I think Warnock is doing the right thing by talking up Ken to boost his confidence and desire, whilst his coaches are clearly working very hard on the training ground to improve him. He's still young and will/should get better.

    I would much rather grow our own players, or take a punt on unknowns from abroad or lower leagues, and turn them into players - rather than build the squad with a cheque book.
    Talking of looking abroad, what is the current situation about getting players from other clubs that vincent owns?
    Can we bring them in outside the transfer rules, and if they come from these clubs and there is no fee then they would not breach the fair play rules would they?

  10. #10

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree. I think Warnock is doing the right thing by talking up Ken to boost his confidence and desire, whilst his coaches are clearly working very hard on the training ground to improve him. He's still young and will/should get better.

    I would much rather grow our own players, or take a punt on unknowns from abroad or lower leagues, and turn them into players - rather than build the squad with a cheque book.
    I'd be inclined to agree with you but our record of signing foreign based players is absolutely atrocious. Unfortunately though, I'd say we have to, as we can't afford to compete with the Derbys and Wolves etc in terms of spending.

  11. #11

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    We need a fast little un to pair up with the big un, that's how good strike partnerships used to work
    Look who's been sent back early from his season-long loan at Hearts, and is out of favour with Charlton... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38490655

  12. #12

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Hoping that, A- Warnock is playing some clever games with those comments, boosting Ken's confidence further and maybe also letting other clubs know we aren't desperate to splash the cash? And B- Maybe he just means he doesn't need to buy another big guy up front but now just a smaller, quicker player to play alongside Ken or Lambert. Maybe he had his mind set on 2 new strikers before Ken's improved form?

    I think we certainly need a Fraizer Campbell style player, somone who can use his pace toplay off Ken/Lambert and would surely gurantee more goals at this level than either of the big guys?

    Also agree I think we need a Mutch type player to make runs from midfield and carry the ball, Sakho would have been a great signing. Got very excited when I saw the rumors, that was until I saw that Brum had bid 4m for him, can't see us matching that or getting anywhere near!

  13. #13

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Just to give a idea of the sort of fees we'd probably need to spend to get some of the players mentioned in this thread, or similar types, apparently Fulham paid Derby a loan fee of 3 million for Chris Martin.

  14. #14

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    I'm really happy that Warnock is willing to give Zohore a fair crack. I like the fact that Warnock is shrewd and experienced enough to see when a player is worth persevering with and i think Zohore has earned his chance now.

    I'd love to see him paired with Fred for a game just to see if Fred can thrive off Zohore's lease of life.

    Unlike others i think Fred showed me that he has something and i wouldnt discard him altogether just yet.

    There are better clubs than Cardiff who have had to be patient while their foreign signing adapts to another culture and basically another game in England.

    I hope Fred has watched Zohore and learned that by just chasing lost causes and putting yourself about you will earn the respect of Cardiff fans.

    Other than that I'd like to see Mark Harris given a run on Sunday.

    I'd be disappointed if we signed Jordon Mutch, he's always injured and watching his cameos for Palace lately he looks out of shape too.

  15. #15

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just to give a idea of the sort of fees we'd probably need to spend to get some of the players mentioned in this thread, or similar types, apparently Fulham paid Derby a loan fee of 3 million for Chris Martin.
    With the increase of tv money, all that has happened is that it has inflated the transfer market and wages, we have clubs in the premier league with an attitude that they may as well hold on to a player rather than let him go for a few million (1% of tv income).

    That then encourages clubs in the championship to gamble and try to sign the players to get them to this huge pot of gold. If you cant sell a player loan him out and bring the money in that way, then repeat.

    When you have a club like Cardiff who will not spend that money, but then with fans calling for out of favour premier league players, it puts them in a difficult spot. The fans believe these players are open to them, but the market has changed, and even loan players are only available to the clubs willing to spend/gamble.

  16. #16

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd love to see him paired with Fred for a game just to see if Fred can thrive off Zohore's lease of life.
    Unlike others i think Fred showed me that he has something and i wouldnt discard him altogether just yet.
    Agree with this, when I first saw them both I thought Fred looked far more promising than Zahore, so if Ken can improve like he has no reason why Warncok can't get the best out of Fred too. Would certainly be worth giving him a chance, maybe Warnock hasn't seen enough in training from him yet though?

  17. #17
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    5,974

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Agree with this, when I first saw them both I thought Fred looked far more promising than Zahore, so if Ken can improve like he has no reason why Warncok can't get the best out of Fred too. Would certainly be worth giving him a chance, maybe Warnock hasn't seen enough in training from him yet though?
    When Warnock put Fred in the side a month or so ago he said it was on the back of impressive performances in training.

    If he hadn't dropped out with illness, maybe Kenneth Zohore wouldn't have had his chance, and Fred would have had a longer run.

    Fred was quite useful in that spell, but like with Ken, neither look like prolific goal scorers in this league - at least not yet.
    there are fascists pretending to be humanitarians like cannibals on a healthkick eating only vegetarians (Roger McGough)

  18. #18

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

    Fred was quite useful in that spell, but like with Ken, neither look like prolific goal scorers in this league - at least not yet.
    True but neither did Gestede.
    In fact, I'd say Fred and Ken have both looked better than Gestede in his first season for us.

  19. #19

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I sense some clever PR, we are never going to splash big money's now on a potential failure, we will bolster in wide positions ,another quick full back, and we need a Jordan Mutch type midfielder, as we lack breakaway pace.
    Defo this.

  20. #20

    Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree. I think Warnock is doing the right thing by talking up Ken to boost his confidence and desire, whilst his coaches are clearly working very hard on the training ground to improve him. He's still young and will/should get better.

    I would much rather grow our own players, or take a punt on unknowns from abroad or lower leagues, and turn them into players - rather than build the squad with a cheque book.
    I'd like to see Zahore put in more good performances before I get too excited about him.
    He definitely needs a player playing around him to get the best out of him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •