+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Trumps Tweets Starting To Appeal

Re: Are Trumps Tweets Starting To Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    The Media quote this :-
    Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States

What he said was this :-
    Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on

Meaning he wants checks on every Muslim entering the USA, I guess if they start having Jewish or Buddist terrorist suspects then he will want extra checks on them as well.

Im not taking sides either way here - but I think with Trump going direct to the people - then at least his words cant be fully twisted by the main stream media. Trump will also call out publicly anyone who reports differently - which is somewhat refreshing to see. I wish everyone had a twitter account - they could then form their viewpoint by reading the exact quote.

I still think though that Trump may suffer the same outcome as Kennedy
    No 'gun checks until they figure out what is going on with all those people getting shot every week' though? The hypocrisy is almost unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Yes.

And most people there understand shooting a gun is a personal choice.
    But not when a Muslim does it. Then we must question all Muslims extremist or not. Can you really not see it??

112 gun related deaths so far this year. 13 in defensive use, 21 accidental shootings, 34 under 18's.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    But not when a Muslim does it. Then we must question all Muslims extremist or not. Can you really not see it??
    I don't think there is a correlation between ordinary crime where guns are involved and certain Islamic groups saying they will kill ordinary westerners at every opportunity.

The majority of mass murder in the US has been unislamic but the current threat from islamic groups is far greater, is it not?. Given the opportunity.

Many have every right to despise the west and US after what has happened. Little we do now will change that.

I don't care that they happen to be muslim, but when you have the groups calling to arms all muslims against the christian and secular west, it is what it is?. It is a threat where the sole intention is to kill innocent people on mass. Not knife crime, smoking, or random gun crime. They aren't comparable.

I think you are coming from the right place to try to claim Islamic attacks are not an example of Islam and that they are tiny in comparison to normal crime. As there are far more peaceful Muslims.

But these attempts to try to claim the attacks from Islamic terrorist groups are smaller than ordinary crime are nothing more than attempts to defend all things islam........ "It is the Islamophobic, biased western media that are the bad guys, not saudi arabia or the guy running over children in a lorry."

Ask yourself why people try to "gain perceptive" on islamic attacks. Why exactly?. Sorry do I see any Sikh groups saying they will march of the vatican and behead the pope?.

On one side you've got the people that hate all thing foreign. Then you've got the people blindly defending everything foreign.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 04-01-17 at 16:01.

You are missing the point.

Trump thinks America will be safer if we check all Muslims. There have been 112 gun related killings in the USA since the turn of the year, none were committed by Muslim extremists, 13 were defensive. My logic is simply that America would be safer with more rigorous gun controls and checks upon purchase, I think that is almost beyond doubt. Why plow resources into targeting one potential danger and ignore the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Government policy by Tweets. Says it all.
    Yep, he's a canny fella, and his messages hit with laser precision and remain front and centre which is very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah right.

As for Trump, I agree it's a shrewd move to put things on Twitter, but we are still talking about the same guy who said all of those offensive things during and before the election campaign, so, no thanks, I'll not be joining his fan club just yet.
    Nor me , I think the man is awful , however he cleverly used bigotry and hostile comments to get into power,with millions supporting him , which is an even bigger worry, as they were in the millions ,whereas Trump is a single voice or is he ?

A lot of Americans are right wing even the democrats and I suspect they have had enough of the current way the world is and how they are positioned, interesting times ahead .

As for Farage he's just a media voice , that has simply recreated the Tory right ,which is mildly amusing for UKIP , and probably why they will now target Labour under Corbyn ,not the current Tories , and win a few seats as well .

Yeah right.

As for Trump, I agree it's a shrewd move to put things on Twitter, but we are still talking about the same guy who said all of those offensive things during and before the election campaign, so, no thanks, I'll not be joining his fan club just yet.
    Regardless of whether he makes a good president or not (he will definitely not be as bad as some critics hare forewarned) this should be remembered. Trump's campaign was horrific and yet people voted for him. Worst of all is that he knew that some of the things he said were to attract attention and have been dropped even before he officially becomes president (lock her up etc.) so his horrific campaign was part of a game plan. It may now influence the center-right around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    SOME of what he says is valid, as is, dare I say it, some of the stuff Farage spouts. But that's not the point.
    Trump to his mates - sell shares in GM.

Trump to Twitter - GM are evil

Wall Street to GM - sell sell sell

GM price drops

Trump to mates - buy shares in GM.

Trump to GM - here's a nice tax break, set up in the US.

Wall Street to GM - buy buy buy

GM Price rises

Trump and his mates make a dollar or two.

Repeat with next company.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nor me , I think the man is awful , however he cleverly used bigotry and hostile comments to get into power,with millions supporting him , which is an even bigger worry, as they were in the millions ,whereas Trump is a single voice or is he ?

A lot of Americans are right wing even the democrats and I suspect they have had enough of the current way the world is and how they are positioned, interesting times ahead .

As for Farage he's just a media voice , that has simply recreated the Tory right ,which is mildly amusing for UKIP , and probably why they will now target Labour under Corbyn ,not the current Tories , and win a few seats as well .
    A lot of politicians are tapping into the "silent majority". What happens at the next election when their new leader has backtracked on the very things you voted him in for? More apathy, lower turnouts.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Regardless of whether he makes a good president or not (he will definitely not be as bad as some critics hare forewarned) this should be remembered. Trump's campaign was horrific and yet people voted for him. Worst of all is that he knew that some of the things he said were to attract attention and have been dropped even before he officially becomes president (lock her up etc.) so his horrific campaign was part of a game plan. It may now influence the center-right around the world.
    But that stuff about "lock her up" and getting the Mexicans to pay for the wall was just pre election banter where everyone knew really that he wasn't being serious - or that's what we're being told now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    A lot of politicians are tapping into the "silent majority". What happens at the next election when their new leader has backtracked on the very things you voted him in for? More apathy, lower turnouts.
    Or even more "angry white men" in a country where getting your hands on a gun is all too easy.

But that stuff about "lock her up" and getting the Mexicans to pay for the wall was just pre election banter where everyone knew really that he wasn't being serious - or that's what we're being told now at least.
    There was a good quote which said that his voters took Trump seriously but not literally while the media took him literally but not seriously.

It sounds about right to me, though perhaps there are different opinions on this board as to how a candidate and president-elect should behave and whether he was right to fight his campaign in that way.

^^ indeed!

Trump rattles Republican lawmakers with Twitter power

http://www.politico.eu/article/trump...twitter-power/

So Trump is tweeting so that the MSM can't misquote him. Is this really true?

About a week ago he was tweeting things like:

"Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?"

Yesterday, he said while speaking to the CIA:

"The media made it sound like I had a feud with the intelligence community"

Allegedly he has 'handed over' his personal phone upon assuming office, and now the tweets as POTUS should now be channelled via the Presidents office, rather than any off the cuff salvo's directly from the babbling narcissist himself.
    Might explain the apparent schizophrenic nature and mild back pedalling of late .

That said, its not easy to picture The Don enjoying having to go through his press office too much, nor abiding by it.

I've not checked the timings of his tweets, do you think they occur after he downed a few late at night , and takes to twitter as he cant get access into Mrs Trumps boudoir, bit like House of Cards scenario.

Bob - have you ever said something you shouldnt have said with a couple of your mates when your down the pub ? and that same comment you made used against you everytime you tried for a job, applied for a loan etc ?

If you havent - well done, but Im guessing a lot of us have.

At the moment - the people who voted in America wanted a president that offered them a little hope and who wasnt part of the usual Bush / Clinton elite. You dont have to like the people you work with or who work for you - as long as they are effective at their job.

So rather than the thousands of virtue broadcasters playing who can be the most virtuous, maybe they should just concentrate on trying to pay the bills and put a smile on their kids faces. He won the election and he wont be going away for 4 years.
    I broadly agree/accept the majority of your summary there.

But are you seriously comparing an election pledge - a range of election pledges - made during a Presidential Campaign for the votes of people of the USA, with a comment made down the pub, or a white lie (as we do, to break even with other white liars!) at an interview?

Seemingly that behaviour that has become the norm. We ought to be universally appalled. Yet ever increasingly the most outlandish bullshit and u-turn lies is seemingly 'accepted' as part of the 'game'. Crikey. It aint right!
    Last edited by Vimana.; 22-01-17 at 18:26.

Bob - have you ever said something you shouldnt have said with a couple of your mates when your down the pub ? and that same comment you made used against you everytime you tried for a job, applied for a loan etc ?

If you havent - well done, but Im guessing a lot of us have.

At the moment - the people who voted in America wanted a president that offered them a little hope and who wasnt part of the usual Bush / Clinton elite. You dont have to like the people you work with or who work for you - as long as they are effective at their job.

So rather than the thousands of virtue broadcasters playing who can be the most virtuous, maybe they should just concentrate on trying to pay the bills and put a smile on their kids faces. He won the election and he wont be going away for 4 years.
    I wrote that nearly three weeks ago and that's the best you can come up with after all this time?

Trump said a great deal more that was offensive besides his comments on his seduction technique with women, but I suppose he should be forgiven them as well.

I'd also say he needs to have been in his job more than two days before we start saying he is an effective President.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yep, he's a canny fella, and his messages hit with laser precision and remain front and centre which is very effective.
    Laser precision? Only to those who see life so simplistically and prejudicially.

Laser precision? Only to those who see life so simplistically and prejudicially.
    If you really feel this way why don't you go on a march or something

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If you really feel this way why don't you go on a march or something
    I'm knitting my pink pussy hat as we speak.

I'm knitting my pink pussy hat as we speak.
    womens-march-london-information.jpg