+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rambo to Juve?

Rambo to Juve?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...could-12404547

Would be a great move for him if true, he needs to get out of that Arsenal team.

Re: Rambo to Juve?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Would be a great move for him if true, he needs to get out of that Arsenal team.
    I really hope this comes off, toxic anti-Ramsey atmosphere at Arsenal, many of their fans despise him. I'd love for him to go abroad and prove his quality further.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I really hope this comes off, toxic anti-Ramsey atmosphere at Arsenal, many of their fans despise him. I'd love for him to go abroad and prove his quality further.
    Totally agree with this.
    Despite Wenger almost playing him automatically (when fit) the fans still prefer big names with less ability. When you look at Famini (now gone), Coquelin, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlin ad even Xhaka - they are nowhere near Ramsey in ability and effect on the game. He is the true "box to box" midfield player that works his socks off to create opportunities for others.
    But the fans want a 40-50 million overseas star.
    There was talk of him being watched closely by Barcelona ?
    A pity he didn't join Bale at Real Madrid.?
    Either way it would be good to see his career take off away from Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Totally agree with this.
    Despite Wenger almost playing him automatically (when fit) the fans still prefer big names with less ability. When you look at Famini (now gone), Coquelin, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlin ad even Xhaka - they are nowhere near Ramsey in ability and effect on the game. He is the true "box to box" midfield player that works his socks off to create opportunities for others.
    Basically agree, but I'd say Cazorla has a much bigger influence on matches than Ramsey and is better technically - however they do different jobs and can both play in the same midfield.

I usually love a player showing loyalty to their respective clubs but in Ramsey's case the longer he remains at arsenal the more i lose respect for him.

I 100% believe he'd be a far better player now if he had chosen Man United and played (during the time he signed) with some real leaders.

Unfortunately we'll never know but a move abroad would definitely do him and Wales a world of good at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I usually love a player showing loyalty to their respective clubs but in Ramsey's case the longer he remains at arsenal the more i lose respect for him.

I 100% believe he'd be a far better player now if he had chosen Man United and played (during the time he signed) with some real leaders.

Unfortunately we'll never know but a move abroad would definitely do him and Wales a world of good at the moment.
    It's tough, he's been on a long term, 100k a week deal, so it makes it hard for any club to afford him. Also, Wenger picks him near enough every week when he's fit. Now he's got 18 months left on his deal, I think there will be genuine interest in him. I can't see him signing a new deal there.

Hopefully NW can get us up next season, and we can sign him on a free...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's tough, he's been on a long term, 100k a week deal, so it makes it hard for any club to afford him. Also, Wenger picks him near enough every week when he's fit. Now he's got 18 months left on his deal, I think there will be genuine interest in him. I can't see him signing a new deal there.

Hopefully NW can get us up next season, and we can sign him on a free...
    We could get Joe Ledley in 6 months on a free who does strike me as a Warnock type player.

Getting bored of cheering for him when arsenal fans online are often a load of fickle glory hunters that abuse him.

Xhaka was turgid against bournmouth. So were a lot of the team. Yet piers morgan and countless others target ramsey who started on the wing?????. Coming off an injury.

I hope he leaves and I'll happily cheer for juve.

I don't think Juve would be a good move.
    Whether and why Ramsey should move abroad has been debated on here many times, I'm in the yes he should camp too like the majority seem to be, but I was hoping he'd move to Spain as opposed to Italy, albeit Italy's best side.

Perhaps this is because La Liga is covered extensively by UK TV and we would get to see more of Ramsey than if he played in Serie A, though I think it is something else.
    Now I haven't seen much of the Italian games in any depth in the last 20 years but they were often boring affairs with few goals and little excitement.
    Defensive, cat and mouse affairs, only coming to life once in the last quarter of the pitch.

Ramsey is a workhorse box to box defensive attacking goalscorer (makes him sound like superman but you get my drift) and assuming that Italy is still as boring as I remember, would this suit Aaron's style?
    I'm not sure so I'd sit it out and watch the scramble for my signature unfold... and accept the Real Madrid one!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

If true, that would be a great move for both Rambo and Juve.

I'm sure that he'd improve as a player if he went there - his game would seem to be well suited to the Italian game.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We could get Joe Ledley in 6 months on a free who does strike me as a Warnock type player.
    I was going to post the same thing on your thread about Grant Leadbitter. It's ambitious but I don't think out of the question. Gunnar and Joe anchoring the midfield, that is dreamy.

Piers Morgan is a jerk and always will be. Arsenal fans have never taken to Ramsey even when he scored all them goals a couple of seaons ago, i thought we had fickle fans but Arsenal fans make us look like saints.

A move away anywhere from Arsenal would better him as as player and better his career

my sister in law family are all Arsenal ST holders ( we a few of them are )

when ever i have the misfortune of going to London to see my brother and some of his in-laws call around, they walk through the door say hello and straight into why Rambo is a parks player and shouldnt be near the Arsenal team, ever after the summer, in which most can agree he had a good euro tournament, they were still at it

really not sure on the dislike they have of him

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

when ever i have the misfortune of going to London to see my brother and some of his in-laws call around, they walk through the door say hello and straight into why Rambo is a parks player and shouldnt be near the Arsenal team, ever after the summer, in which most can agree he had a good euro tournament, they were still at it

They are winding you up.

Truly hope he's one of those players that they miss when he leaves.

Its a difficult one with Ramsey, as much as we try to deny it Arsenal have developed the player into the player that he is today. The manager clearly likes the player and gets him into the team as much as possible. The problem Ramsey has currently is getting to play in his preferred position (currently competing with Ozil and Sanchez for that) and injuries (its debateable that Arsenals training methods may not be helping).

I don’t believe that a transfer to Manchester United would have helped him, they entered into a period of sign and sell over youth development, in his critical development stage and he would not have got the opportunity, as highlighted by the fact they let Pogba go.

At a club like Juventus, and especially a Real Madrid, he will have the difficult settling in stage, and then the signing of key player on a yearly basis, as such putting him in the same position of not being able to pick his best position in the team, and with a manager that doesn’t like him as much.

He's Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Basically agree, but I'd say Cazorla has a much bigger influence on matches than Ramsey and is better technically - however they do different jobs and can both play in the same midfield.
    Rambo is a better all round player though

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Totally agree with this.

Wenger played him when he wasn't fit too

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    They are winding you up.
    that was my thought, it really was

but my brother says " the Arsenal fans just do not rate him " they blame him for everything and are always moaning about him

Madrid or Barca would be great for him and Wales, big F off to arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Madrid or Barca would be great for him and Wales, big F off to arsenal
    I dont think he would immediately command a first team place at either of those clubs, and even so not in his favored role behind a front man. Bale had to put up with a year or two of stick from the fans also.

He will be swapping one set of problems, for exactly the same types of problems.

Ramsey has been so poorly managed. He hss suffered recurring hamstring injuries which he club have failed to resolve. For Wenger to hsve played him on the opening day and let him go back on the pitch for the second half knowing he was injured was negligent.
    There are some Arsenal fans who do rate him but plenty who have always been on his back even when he was returning from that appalling injury.

He needs to leave in the summer and Juve would be a good move.

None of us would find it remotely hilarious if a Welsh international was playing for Juventus, the best and biggest team in Italy, while an England international was across the road at the much more humble neighbours.