+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Am i the only one that

  1. #1

    Am i the only one that

    Doesn't particularly rate Jordan Rhodes?

    I can't argue with his goal scoring record but i think personally that he brings absolutely NOTHING ELSE to the table.

    He not fast, strong, can't beat a man, not good at linking the play etc.

    I'd be disappointed if we signed him.

  2. #2

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Doesn't particularly rate Jordan Rhodes?

    I can't argue with his goal scoring record but i think personally that he brings absolutely NOTHING ELSE to the table.

    He not fast, strong, can't beat a man, not good at linking the play etc.

    I'd be disappointed if we signed him.
    Same here

  3. #3

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Doesn't particularly rate Jordan Rhodes?

    I can't argue with his goal scoring record but i think personally that he brings absolutely NOTHING ELSE to the table.

    He not fast, strong, can't beat a man, not good at linking the play etc.

    I'd be disappointed if we signed him.
    He doesn't do a lot but he scores a ton of goals, he absolutely is a passenger and has to play with a partner but he's scored so many times, I'd probably argue he's worth it.

    I wouldn't want him though because he'd cost too much money and we have other needs that should be addressed.

  4. #4

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Big tits but obviously not hers

  5. #5

    Re: Am i the only one that

    We seem to be linked with 8 or 9 players according to this forum today.

    Considering his obvious limitations it's even more amazing that he's scored so many goals. I can't believe that Blackburn rejected an offer of 10 million but him and Zahore (mobile, strong, decent at linking play) would be quite the partnership at the right price.

  6. #6
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    11,951

    Re: Am i the only one that

    I agree with all that has been said, but equally, for example, I don't remember Earnie being 'versatile'.
    A striker's job is to continually add to the goal tally. Sure, there is more that a very decent striker could do, and I appreciate the football enthusiasts desire for that, but surely 'being prolific' has to be point one on the Striker job description.
    We don't have a prolific striker. I cant see how we might not fancy having one right now !

  7. #7

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Kris Boyd Mk2

  8. #8

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Doesn't particularly rate Jordan Rhodes?

    I can't argue with his goal scoring record but i think personally that he brings absolutely NOTHING ELSE to the table.

    He not fast, strong, can't beat a man, not good at linking the play etc.

    I'd be disappointed if we signed him.
    No you're not, to me Rhodes is the type of player who provokes arguments about whether it is enough for a striker to merely score goals in this day and age.

    I mentioned in my blog piece for the Villa match that Ross McCormack has never does much against City since he left us - I should really have said that he never scores against us (I've not checked this, but, from memory, I don't think he's scored a single goal against City since he moved to Leeds), because he has still been effective against us with his all round play, but, that's not the case with Rhodes.

    I recall him scoring what was possibly his first goal for Ipswich against us in a match played not long before the 2008 FA Cup Final and he scored a couple against us for Huddersfield in that 5-3 League Cup game, but I can't remember another league goal by him against City - for whatever reason, we've been able to stop him scoring in recent years and, as long as you do that, seeing Rhodes' name in the opposition line up is a good thing, because he'll never harm you in the way McCormack can when he isn't scoring.

  9. #9

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We seem to be linked with 8 or 9 players according to this forum today.

    Considering his obvious limitations it's even more amazing that he's scored so many goals. I can't believe that Blackburn rejected an offer of 10 million but him and Zahore (mobile, strong, decent at linking play) would be quite the partnership at the right price.
    He wouldn't be my cup of tea, but that is an interesting thought.

    We ARE getting the ball in the box ,regularly, every game but not converting many of the opportunity's, so a goal poacher...maybe...

  10. #10

    Re: Am i the only one that

    The thing is, if we play an out and out goal poacher, presumably alongside someone like Zohore or Lambert, then does the change to accommodate him mean that we lose that ability to get the ball in the box as much as we are doing? I think it does - especially if the new man contributes as little outside the box as Rhodes would.

  11. #11

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The thing is, if we play an out and out goal poacher, presumably alongside someone like Zohore or Lambert, then does the change to accommodate him mean that we lose that ability to get the ball in the box as much as we are doing? I think it does - especially if the new man contributes as little outside the box as Rhodes would.
    Agree Bob.

    I think the days of an Ian Rush type striker have passed (for the time being anyway).

    It would be hard to compete with teams that pack the midfield when you're carrying someone like Jordan Rhodes for large periods of the game.

    I would love to see us stick with what we've got up top at least til the end of the season in the hope that we can get more out of Fred, Zohore and Harris.

  12. #12

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The thing is, if we play an out and out goal poacher, presumably alongside someone like Zohore or Lambert, then does the change to accommodate him mean that we lose that ability to get the ball in the box as much as we are doing? I think it does - especially if the new man contributes as little outside the box as Rhodes would.
    Once again fair comment.

    Working on that basis we have to assume Lambert and Zohore wont work .Lambert plays football like he is saving himself for a rainy day.

  13. #13

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Agree Bob.

    I think the days of an Ian Rush type striker have passed (for the time being anyway).

    It would be hard to compete with teams that pack the midfield when you're carrying someone like Jordan Rhodes for large periods of the game.

    I would love to see us stick with what we've got up top at least til the end of the season in the hope that we can get more out of Fred, Zohore and Harris.
    Because of what was happening in other parts of the pitch on Monday (e.g. Murphy, Bamba, Gunnarsson, Zohore), Kadeem Harris probably didn't get the credit he was due for what I'd say was his best first team performance for us so far. On the highlights package on the club website of the Villa match, they were saying that Jordan Amavi (a player who is attracting attention from Liverpool among others and is, apparently. valued at something like 30 million) was the best player in the Championship on his day. yet Harris was consistently getting past him in the first half and then, when he switched to the left in the second half, he was able to show Alan Hutton a clean pair of heals at times.

    Warnock has said that he has told Kadeem exactly what he must and mustn't do when playing for the first team and, while he is always going to be someone who'll be inconsistent, I see signs that he is improving under our current manager. Harris showed he had the beating of both Villa full backs and I believe he has the ability to beat most in this division on the inside and outside, hel also tends to put over one or two really high quality crosses per game.

    Therefore, I think the basics for a good Championship quality are there, but it's his decision making, game knowledge and anticipation that needs to improve - someone like Warnock might well be able to do that for at least two of those three aspects of his game.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 06-01-17 at 08:35.

  14. #14

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Because of what was happening in other parts of the pitch on Monday (e.g. Murphy, Bamba, Gunnarsson, Zohore), Kadeem Harris probably didn't get the credit he was due for what I'd say was his best first team performance for us so far. On the highlights package on the club website of the Villa match, they were saying that Jordan Amavi (a player who is attracting attention from Liverpool among others and is, apparently. valued at something like 30 million) was the best player in the Championship on his day. yet Harris was consistently getting past him in the first half and then, when he switched to the left in the second half, he was able to show Alan Hutton a clean pair of heals at times.

    Warnock has said that he has told Kadeem exactly what he must and mustn't do when playing for the first team and, while he is always going to be someone who'll be inconsistent, I see signs that he is improving under our current manager. Harris showed he had the beating of both Villa full backs and I believe he has the ability to beat most in this division on the inside and outside, hel also tends to put over one or two really high quality crosses per game.

    Therefore, I think the basics for a good Championship quality are there, but it's his decision making, game knowledge and anticipation that needs to improve - someone like Warnock might well be able to do that for at least two of those three aspects of his game.
    I was very disappointed with Amavi considering the hype surrounding him Bob, though i do think he fared a lot better than Hutton in dealing with Kadeem.

    How Kadeem hasn't been near the first team during the last few years seasons considering our alarming lack of pace in the team completely baffles me!

    He will never be an Iniesta or a Messi but he is definitely more akin to being a Theo Walcott who has made many champions league and international appearances for the England "golden generation"!

    Kadeem is raw as they come but i feel he would now be a lot less raw if he been praying in recent years.

  15. #15

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I was very disappointed with Amavi considering the hype surrounding him Bob, though i do think he fared a lot better than Hutton in dealing with Kadeem.

    How Kadeem hasn't been near the first team during the last few years seasons considering our alarming lack of pace in the team completely baffles me!

    He will never be an Iniesta or a Messi but he is definitely more akin to being a Theo Walcott who has made many champions league and international appearances for the England "golden generation"!

    Kadeem is raw as they come but i feel he would now be a lot less raw if he been praying in recent years.
    #prayforkadeem

  16. #16

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    #prayforkadeem


    The joys of typing on a phone!

  17. #17

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post


    The joys of typing on a phone!
    I didn't know you were Chinese

  18. #18

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Aston Villa are believed to have had 6m bid for Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes rejected.
    --
    Everybody has a different way to view the world

  19. #19

    Re: Am i the only one that

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Aston Villa are believed to have had 6m bid for Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes rejected.
    Crazy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •