+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two City youngsters go out on loan.

Two City youngsters go out on loan.

Blue in the Face

Re: Two City youngsters go out on loan.

Good to see us establish links with another club close by. Seeing that we can't loan to league clubs this may be the way forward for us. Also very important to make rook for other players to have opportunities in the Academy/DVP teams.

Good luck to these two. Hopefully Bird can get some Wales recognition like Humphries has.

Went to see Gloucester City recently and Eli Phipps was on the bench. They made 3 subs and were chasing the game but he didn't get on.

Think he's had a couple of previous starts though.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Went to see Gloucester City recently and Eli Phipps was on the bench. They made 3 subs and were chasing the game but he didn't get on.

Think he's had a couple of previous starts though.
    What was Eli's performance like? Did he cross his legs much? To be honest Baloo, I'm a bit annoyed with the lack of detail here FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    What was Eli's performance like? Did he cross his legs much? To be honest Baloo, I'm a bit annoyed with the lack of detail here FFS!
    Didn't see him put a foot wrong to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

That is an interesting development Paul as, for a few years WSM were building a link with Swansea City.

Maybe the change of allegiance is linked to news elsewhere on their website that our former full back Chris Barker is now on their coaching staff

Keith

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Didn't see him put a foot wrong to be fair.

Thought " Loanwatch " was Loramski's department. Has he been usurped

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    That is an interesting development Paul as, for a few years WSM were building a link with Swansea City.

Maybe the change of allegiance is linked to news elsewhere on their website that our former full back Chris Barker is now on their coaching staff

Keith
    I see Chris Barker is at Weston now Keith, maybe that might explain it?

I think Chrissy Barker is at WSM now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Good to see us establish links with another club close by. Seeing that we can't loan to league clubs this may be the way forward for us. Also very important to make rook for other players to have opportunities in the Academy/DVP teams.

Good luck to these two. Hopefully Bird can get some Wales recognition like Humphries has.
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 21-10-16 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I think Chrissy Barker is at WSM now.

I didn't know that. I thought he was at WSM

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Thought " Loanwatch " was Loramski's department. Has he been usurped
    I think TOBW is just hoping I'll get him a job in the Loan Watch office. If he sends me his CV, I'll give him an interview. I've got quite a bit on at the minute, I've just been commissioned to write a book on Showaddywaddy. Maybe he can help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I think TOBW is just hoping I'll get him a job in the Loan Watch office. If he sends me his CV, I'll give him an interview. I've got quite a bit on at the minute, I've just been commissioned to write a book on Showaddywaddy. Maybe he can help me with that?
    Sorry, me working for Loan Watch just wouldn't work due to irreconcilable musical differences.

Perhaps I can help with this one ?
    Once upon a time there was a band called showaddywaddy, they were shit.

The end .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

The end .
    Sounds like you've got a booker prize winner on your hands there James.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

The end .
    Au contraire. My problem is that the publishers only want 80,000 words so I'm struggling with which bits to leave out.

I'm currently lobbying the club to have Hey Rock and Roll adopted as the team's walk-on music. This would guarantee that the atmosphere in the stadium would be at fever pitch by kick off time, giving us an edge in the early stages of games.

A match report here on Weston's 0-0 draw yesterday. Not much to see really, unless you've ever wondered what Jamie Bird looks like sitting on a coach. I'd never thought about it before but if I had then it would have been pretty close to how he's been caught on camera in the article. Lloyd Humphries started, and seemed to do well, Bird came on as a sub.

A better result than you might think. Having started their league campaign with 3 wins and a draw, Weston somehow managed to lose their next ten before yesterday's reversal of fortune.

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/sp...city_1_4746379

Hard to keep track on exactly how Bird and Humphries are doing at Weston but there's a match report here on yesterday's win at Truro. A few City links as old boys Chris Barker, Gethyn Hill and Rollin Menayese all started for Weston along with Humphries, Hill getting the winner. Local boy Kaid Mohamed was on the bench with Jamie Bird.

Apparently the Weston fans were 'in full voice and heavily out-singing' the home fans in the 506 crowd which is quite impressive if true as they only took 10 down there.

http://www.westonsmareafc.co.uk/fixt...t/truro-v-wsm/

Hard to keep track on exactly how Bird and Humphries are doing at Weston but there's a match report here on yesterday's win at Truro. A few City links as old boys Chris Barker, Gethyn Hill and Rollin Menayese all started for Weston along with Humphries, Hill getting the winner. Local boy Kaid Mohamed was on the bench with Jamie Bird.

Apparently the Weston fans were 'in full voice and heavily out-singing' the home fans in the 506 crowd which is quite impressive if true as they only took 10 down there.

http://www.westonsmareafc.co.uk/fixt...t/truro-v-wsm/
    Gethyn Hill has been outstanding for Cinderford this season, he transferred to Weston 2 weeks ago and has kept Jamie Bird out of the team in the first couple of games.

Cinderford also have a number of ex-City connections Cam Clarke, Shane Parry, James Bloom, Jaye Bowen. Curtis Watkins came failed & went to Barry.

Up until recently I worked with Gethyn Hill's dad . He said that Malky really liked him but after he had the bullet Gethyn got pushed out into the cold by Ole. He went on to say Ole didn't seem to give a shit about any of the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Up until recently I worked with Gethyn Hill's dad . He said that Malky really liked him but after he had the bullet Gethyn got pushed out into the cold by Ole. He went on to say Ole didn't seem to give a shit about any of the youngsters.
    I've seen Gethyn, Fred & Ken play many times this season and I have no doubt in my mind that Gethyn is the best of the 3. He's strong, quick, holds the ball up, has great positional sense and scores audacious goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've seen Gethyn, Fred & Ken play many times this season and I have no doubt in my mind that Gethyn is the best of the 3. He's strong, quick, holds the ball up, has great positional sense and scores audacious goals.
    The club were in a difficult position with Gethyn. I saw him play after his long injury lay-off and he was a passenger, there was nothing to suggest he was going to make the grade but obviously he was in need of time to build up his fitness, form and confidence. Time the club weren't prepared to give him.

I'm aware that he was playing well at Cinderford and that there was interest from other non-league clubs so don't quite get why he went to Weston but hopefully it will be a stepping-stone to bigger things for him.

Another goal for Gethyn Hill today as Weston beat Truro again. Not sure if they're the only two teams in that league, I'll check it out. Jamie Bird came on as a second half sub and Weston won 4-2. Two goals from free-kicks for captain Dayle Grubb, the grandson of a Trumpton fireman.