+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 72

Thread: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

  1. #31

    Re: greg halford

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Snap
    Crackle

  2. #32

    Re: greg halford

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this develops.
    Would you like to enlarge that

  3. #33

    Re: greg halford

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Crackle
    Ok pop

  4. #34

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    The Wurzel seem to hate him so that's good enough for me.

    Welcome Greg

  5. #35

    Re: greg halford

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Please no

    Weve signed a defender from Rotherham who is 32. Rotherham are hardly setting the league on fire with their defensive record - so this one is a bit puzzling to be honest. Coming in for cover for Manga I guess who will be away for most of January - if not the rest of the season.

    Seeing as 'our Neil' has worked with him before - he must have something about him.

  6. #36

    Re: greg halford

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Weve signed a defender from Rotherham who is 32. Rotherham are hardly setting the league on fire with their defensive record - so this one is a bit puzzling to be honest. Coming in for cover for Manga I guess who will be away for most of January - if not the rest of the season.

    Seeing as 'our Neil' has worked with him before - he must have something about him.
    Bamba is 32 and he'd been released by his former club. Assuming the transfer fee is minimal or he was a free transfer, given his experience and flexibility and our current position, this seems a very sensible signing.

  7. #37

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

  8. #38
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    7,042

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this develops.
    Would you like to enlarge that

  9. #39
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,579

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this develops.
    Off to the development squad before the end of the month is my guess.

  10. #40

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looks like he's played everywhere on the pitch except left back and left midfield during his career - he's even trained part time as a goalkeeper during his time at Portsmouth and Sheffield United.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Halford
    Thats a relief then. First day in training get him doing solely shooting practice, we might need him to do a Paul Went

  11. #41

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Another real tough no compromise footballer in the Gunnerson , Sol Bamba mold, I can see where we are going as a unit , we will be an uncomfortable side to play against soon.

  12. #42

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Using him as a defensive midfielder to close out games, especially when you add in the long throw he'll bring, may be very useful. He could also act as a third CB in a similar scenario or a second/third striker if we're going the other way.

    Versatile, cheap, known by Warnock. It is a low risk signing.

  13. #43

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Using him as a defensive midfielder to close out games, especially when you add in the long throw he'll bring, may be very useful. He could also act as a third CB in a similar scenario or a second/third striker if we're going the other way.

    Versatile, cheap, known by Warnock. It is a low risk signing.
    I have always hated Halford. I always hated Warnock.

    But now they are ours.

    This is a great fit for Cardiff City. For the first time for a while I care about my club. The Villa game was brilliant entertainment.

    It would be difficult to logically explain this feeling about the "fit". But illogically I do like it.


  14. #44

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    I heard a rumour that Rotherham told him to get on his bike when he said he wanted to leave

  15. #45
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,201

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I heard a rumour that Rotherham told him to get on his bike when he said he wanted to leave
    Even better than the Jessops one ;)


    Sounds like Warnock is looking to put together a band of gutsy battlers.

    That is what most of us like I'd wager, and what we have missed for a fair few seasons.

  16. #46

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!!

  17. #47

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Another real tough no compromise footballer in the Gunnerson , Sol Bamba mold, I can see where we are going as a unit , we will be an uncomfortable side to play against soon.
    And an absolute fking eyesore to watch too.

  18. #48

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    And an absolute fking eyesore to watch too.
    Any score predictions for next week Cleetus?

  19. #49

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Any score predictions for next week Cleetus?
    Cleetus

    Visions of Charlie clad in check shirt, bib and braces, pitch fork chewing straw next to his old massey ferguson

  20. #50

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Any score predictions for next week Cleetus?
    2-0
    Tammy Abraham with both.

  21. #51

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!!
    We've heard. What about Cardiff?

  22. #52

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    2-0
    Tammy Abraham with both.
    A quick look shows that, since being beaten once again in Cardiff back in mid October you have won just 2 of your 14 games. I can see why you're so confident.

    By the way I'm going 1-1.

  23. #53
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,579

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!!
    Well you'd know all about that.

  24. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cardifonia
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!!
    Only when he's in goals.

    You're jealous that we have acquired such a versatile player.

  25. #55

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    What do you think of brizzles style, jursyerrt?

  26. #56

    Re: greg halford

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    40 years of touring with Judas Priest as well.
    I was about to make a similar JP-related comment.

  27. #57

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What do you think of brizzles style, jursyerrt?
    It's fine. We have been unlucky.

  28. #58

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    I saw a lot of Halford when he played for Pompey - and granted he wasn't lightning quick () but he does have some real footballing skill. He'll surprise some on here.

  29. #59

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I saw a lot of Halford when he played for Pompey - and granted he wasn't lightning quick () but he does have some real footballing skill. He'll surprise some on here.
    well after u sed that if he deosnt deliver ill be back here looking for u

  30. #60
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    7,042

    Re: Greg Halford - Signing confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!!
    We won't be kicking the ball much any more - apart from the last bit in the box when we don't score from headers!

    We will be playing with the Gunnar exocet throw-ins from either side of the penalty box; the Halford cruise throw-ins from further back; and the Morrison inter-continental ballistic throw-ins from our own half. The missiles are coming, so be afraid!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •