+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock still has business to do including looking at big money strikers

Warnock still has business to do including looking at big money strikers

“We’re still looking for two other positions, we’re getting linked with players every day.
    “Some of them I’m interested in, some not so much.
    “We try and do business then tell media.
    “Ongoing for two or three players in and out. I also can’t say anything on that. one will leave today but not had all clear to say who yet.”

“We have a number of clubs asking about our players.
    “Some of the younger lads are close to being permanently moved on.
    “Trying to trim down the squad.
    “We’re going to let Rotherham keep the player we’ve given them on loan (Tom Adeyemi).
    “We’ve got Halford on a permanent deal, this season and next. He was super wherever he played last year.
    “I still think we need a striker if we can get the right one, it depends on who goes during the window.
    “The strikers i’m looking at will cost quite a lot of money.”

“We’re not in a rush, but we’re only one knock away from an injury.
    “We’re thin on the ground for options up front.
    “I don’t enjoy January to be honest, it’s unnecessary, unless you’re a Premier League club.
    I don’t see the logic in not being able to loan players outside the window, it’s dampened a lot of 1st and 2nd division clubs, the new rules.
    “Absolutely ridiculous, it doesn’t make sense. It’s a silly rule.”

Re: Warnock still has business to do including looking at big money strikers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    “We’re still looking for two other positions, we’re getting linked with players every day.
    “Some of them I’m interested in, some not so much.
    “We try and do business then tell media.
    “Ongoing for two or three players in and out. I also can’t say anything on that. one will leave today but not had all clear to say who yet.”

“We have a number of clubs asking about our players.
    “Some of the younger lads are close to being permanently moved on.
    “Trying to trim down the squad.
    “We’re going to let Rotherham keep the player we’ve given them on loan (Tom Adeyemi).
    “We’ve got Halford on a permanent deal, this season and next. He was super wherever he played last year.
    “I still think we need a striker if we can get the right one, it depends on who goes during the window.
    “The strikers i’m looking at will cost quite a lot of money.”

“We’re not in a rush, but we’re only one knock away from an injury.
    “We’re thin on the ground for options up front.
    “I don’t enjoy January to be honest, it’s unnecessary, unless you’re a Premier League club.
    I don’t see the logic in not being able to loan players outside the window, it’s dampened a lot of 1st and 2nd division clubs, the new rules.
    “Absolutely ridiculous, it doesn’t make sense. It’s a silly rule.”
    Mike I think that if anyone is under the impression that Neil will disclose who he is interested in before he has them in the bag is kidding themselves , he is too canny to give anything away. Just my opinion.

Big money striker my arse. Wake up ...... We are potless and would sell anybody to anyone whilst bringing in non league nobodies and thirty year old journey men.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Big money striker my arse. Wake up ...... We are potless and would sell anybody to anyone whilst bringing in non league nobodies and thirty year old journey men.
    Club's a basket case

How many big money strikers have worked for championship and promoted clubs recently? Andre Gray is one but it's unlikely that our definition of "big money" is that high a figure.

Will he tempt Oscar back from China?

Nugent FACT (not the Graham one on here)

Well it won't be Adel Taraabt. He has just moved to Genoa