+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immers gone.. Confirmed

Re: Immers gone.. Confirmed

Shame really as he did look like a player for a short period back end of last year, though he probably had to go in order for NW others in.
    Agree that he did look like he had gone backwards but how much of that could be down to poor man management?
    Could be other factors such as playing in a particular style, not to the players strengths, playing out of position, not being match fit.

Anyway, our loss is another's gain and I hope Lex does well wherever he ends up (as long as it isn't Brizzle City or Leeds )

Re: Immers gone..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    got pregnant ,dutch were always forward thinkers ,
    Wasn't capped then.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Shame really as he did look like a player for a short period back end of last year, though he probably had to go in order for NW others in.
    Agree that he did look like he had gone backwards but how much of that could be down to poor man management?
    Could be other factors such as playing in a particular style, not to the players strengths, playing out of position, not being match fit.

Anyway, our loss is another's gain and I hope Lex does well wherever he ends up (as long as it isn't Brizzle City or Leeds )
    Our loss is another £2m down the pan. Thats half a mill a month plus wages. We are a basket club

Sad. I liked the way he played last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    If it was down to you would you have signed Immers last Summer when he became available?
    For £2m.......... Not a chance in hell. Crazy business by the numpties who continue to run our club

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    For £2m.......... Not a chance in hell. Crazy business by the numpties who continue to run our club
    Why are you so convinced it was a £2m fee?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why are you so convinced it was a £2m fee?
    First I've seen mentioned a fee of that size for him.
    E1m was mentioned in May and I reckon that's nearer the mark.
    I would also expect the fee was related to appearances which isn't going to happen now

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    First I've seen mentioned a fee of that size for him.
    E1m was mentioned in May and I reckon that's nearer the mark.
    I would also expect the fee was related to appearances which isn't going to happen now
    We are an embarrassment tbh. I think we will end up releasing most of the players we signed on in aug?
    This guy was supposed to be the future....... Its crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The guy clearly has some strengths, but there are also a few glaring weaknesses in his game.
    Perhaps opposition coaches have worked out how to exploit those after his bright start to his time here?
    What strengths?

Personally I didn't see any strengths apart from being able to run around?

Blue in the Face

We are an embarrassment tbh. I think we will end up releasing most of the players we signed on in aug?
    Sh1t happens.
    We don't know the full story/amounts/details - none of us. I assume 'it's for the best'.

Write the club a letter or something.

Keith has mentioned on **** that the fee was £500k.

I'm not embarrassed- you win some, lose some with transfers.

The club has made profits on transfer fees for the last few seasons.

At least with Immers we've cut our losses and not kept him here paying wages when it was clear it wasn't working out

Gone to Club Brugge, good luck Lex!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Gone to Club Brugge, good luck Lex!
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...mmers-12419471

Keith has mentioned on **** that the fee was £500k.

I'm not embarrassed- you win some, lose some with transfers.

The club has made profits on transfer fees for the last few seasons.

At least with Immers we've cut our losses and not kept him here paying wages when it was clear it wasn't working out
    Could you remind me who?

Tidy darts .

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Could you remind me who?
    Joe Mason, David Marshall....

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...80934&start=60

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    "The club has a recent history for several years of generally making a net profit each season on player transfers. The big exception was 2013/14 when a loss of £5m was made ( mainly the Cornelius loss which was down to Malky and Simon Lim) but this was more than covered by a £9m profit in 2014/15. I haven't seen them yet but the 2015/16 accounts will almost certainly show a further profit as it will include the £3m profit made on Joe Mason. 2016/17 should also show a profit with the inclusion of the profit made on David Marshall."

Conversation seems to be entering talk of savings made on weekly wages for unwanted player and how the transfer committee record compares to days under Riddler and Sam. Conclusions seem to be, for those being a little too positive, that every transfer is a gamble.

I won't say that we haven't made a net profit but I do feel the PR around the transfer committee (there were two windows where we were told that it would lead to much better transfers which was followed by initially poor form and then a number of golden handshakes) and the strategy itself (we entered our first window of the championship with Turner, Hudson, Connolly as CB and spent a reported 9 million on not much better while our midfield became slower and our strikers could either score or work but not both and sometimes neither) has been poor.

Warnock must has done wonders for the fans relationship with the club if we've gone from agreeing that the squad was overblown, unbalanced and overpaid 10 months ago to this somewhat positive outlook.

Could you remind me who?
    Not off hand as im m walking the dog, but it's in the accounts.
    Player trade profit each season since we've been down.
    And last 2 seasons big profit on Mason and Marshall.
    Don't forget the fee paid is amortised, so if you bought one for £3m and sold him 2 years later for £2m you'd still make a profit of £1m

when a loss of £5m was made ( mainly the Cornelius loss which was down to Malky and Simon Lim)
    A transfer loss is made by paying too much and selling for too little. Malky, Simon Lim and others may be responsible for the first bit but hard to sell a player any sort of money when the owner uses him as a pawn in the club civil war.

"The club has a recent history for several years of generally making a net profit each season on player transfers. The big exception was 2013/14 when a loss of £5m was made ( mainly the Cornelius loss which was down to Malky and Simon Lim) but this was more than covered by a £9m profit in 2014/15. I haven't seen them yet but the 2015/16 accounts will almost certainly show a further profit as it will include the £3m profit made on Joe Mason. 2016/17 should also show a profit with the inclusion of the profit made on David Marshall."

Conversation seems to be entering talk of savings made on weekly wages for unwanted player and how the transfer committee record compares to days under Riddler and Sam. Conclusions seem to be, for those being a little too positive, that every transfer is a gamble.

I won't say that we haven't made a net profit but I do feel the PR around the transfer committee (there were two windows where we were told that it would lead to much better transfers which was followed by initially poor form and then a number of golden handshakes) and the strategy itself (we entered our first window of the championship with Turner, Hudson, Connolly as CB and spent a reported 9 million on not much better while our midfield became slower and our strikers could either score or work but not both and sometimes neither) has been poor.

Warnock must has done wonders for the fans relationship with the club if we've gone from agreeing that the squad was overblown, unbalanced and overpaid 10 months ago to this somewhat positive outlook.
    For me it's not that we've stopped making mistakes that we've been making for 20 years, but that the mistakes are getting smaller and the hope that this has been rectified by bringing in an expoemced and knowledgeable manager who isn't going to be swayed by outside interference.
    It's sad that we are having to let players we paid for go, but sensible against continuing to pay them if they aren't going to contribute

For me it's not that we've stopped making mistakes that we've been making for 20 years, but that the mistakes are getting smaller and the hope that this has been rectified by bringing in an expoemced and knowledgeable manager who isn't going to be swayed by outside interference.
    It's sad that we are having to let players we paid for go, but sensible against continuing to pay them if they aren't going to contribute
    I completely agree.

I am also very hopeful (as I was this previous summer) that the mistakes that the transfer committee made, and the mistakes those running the club made before it was set up, are largely mistakes of the past. At least the biggest ones.

Has just got picked up by Club Brugge straight away.

Bizarre how we couldn't sell him