+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Does anybody actually believe this?

  1. #1

    Does anybody actually believe this?

    On this board.

    http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=180934

    Someone up to his s**t stirring again.

  2. #2

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Remember its CCFC we are talking about its not as if we havent got previous at this kind of barmy business. 2m down the pan

  3. #3

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    It's on AAMB so it must be true cause they in the know
    I've been through mad different fazes like mazes to find my way, but I know happy days are not far away,
    If I'm strong enough I'll live long enough to see my kids doing something more constructive with their time than this.

  4. #4
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    On this board.

    http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=180934

    Someone up to his s**t stirring again.
    I don't believe it.

    Most of the player profile sites I have looked at show his previous transfer fees as 'undisclosed' and say his Feyenoord contract was up in summer 2016 (after 4 years). Transfermarkt quotes a fee from Feyenoord to Cardiff in May 2016 of 1.96m - but that looks like a totally made up figure and so specific that it seems someone was trying to make it look real.

    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lex-i.../spieler/56371

    Another thread on AAMB is claiming Immers had a year left on his Feyenoord contract (I can't see any references to it being extended, but maybe) and that Cardiff paid 500k.

    All speculation but I doubt we paid much. It was a quick signing whilst he was still under contract with Feyenoord (either a few weeks or a year and a few weeks) because the embargo had just been lifted and because other Championship clubs and Rangers were interested after his loan performances.

    It is all speculation.
    there are fascists pretending to be humanitarians like cannibals on a healthkick eating only vegetarians (Roger McGough)

  5. #5

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't believe it.

    Most of the player profile sites I have looked at show his previous transfer fees as 'undisclosed' and say his Feyenoord contract was up in summer 2016 (after 4 years). Transfermarkt quotes a fee from Feyenoord to Cardiff in May 2016 of 1.96m - but that looks like a totally made up figure and so specific that it seems someone was trying to make it look real.

    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lex-i.../spieler/56371

    Another thread on AAMB is claiming Immers had a year left on his Feyenoord contract (I can't see any references to it being extended, but maybe) and that Cardiff paid 500k.

    All speculation but I doubt we paid much. It was a quick signing whilst he was still under contract with Feyenoord (either a few weeks or a year and a few weeks) because the embargo had just been lifted and because other Championship clubs and Rangers were interested after his loan performances.

    It is all speculation.
    Nice try but it doesnt wash with me. This guy was the future only 4 months ago he basically hasnt played for us and now is waived off we are a basket club

  6. #6

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    It's on AAMB so it must be true cause they in the know
    Can't go a day without having a go at Cardiff City.

  7. #7

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Nice try but it doesnt wash with me. This guy was the future only 4 months ago he basically hasnt played for us and now is waived off we are a basket club
    Why are you so concerned? Football accounts and transfers are difficult to interpret. What is certain that financially, it benefits the club and goes towards meeting FFP.

    The accounts will be out soon, I'm sure there will be a reference to Immers fee within them.

    Hope that helps

  8. #8

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Why are you so concerned? Football accounts and transfers are difficult to interpret. What is certain that financially, it benefits the club and goes towards meeting FFP.

    The accounts will be out soon, I'm sure there will be a reference to Immers fee within them.

    Hope that helps
    Agreed, anyway why keep another lad who wants away and is clearly unfit or no longer needing a contract with us .

    Well done city , clear em out , lets get in players who want to be with us.

  9. #9

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Why are you so concerned? Football accounts and transfers are difficult to interpret. What is certain that financially, it benefits the club and goes towards meeting FFP.

    The accounts will be out soon, I'm sure there will be a reference to Immers fee within them.

    Hope that helps

    There will be no reference to the Immers fee in the accounts. He was signed permanently after May 2016 ( in any case his cost would just be included in a total of player costs for the year) and was sold after those accounts were signed off.

  10. #10

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    I'm sure I read somewhere that the fee for Immers was 500k.

  11. #11

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    No I don't.

    But even if it were true, why should one manager keep a player another manager stupidly signed for too much money if he's not going to play him?

  12. #12
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the fee for Immers was 500k.
    Here?

    http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=180945

    Not sure this is any more reliable than any of the other figures from zero to 2m.
    there are fascists pretending to be humanitarians like cannibals on a healthkick eating only vegetarians (Roger McGough)

  13. #13

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Nice try but it doesnt wash with me. This guy was the future only 4 months ago he basically hasnt played for us and now is waived off we are a basket club
    Perhaps it's difficult to get a fee for a player who hasn't featured for 4 months? Clubs need to add a little shine to the outgoing player in order to get the best deal. It's a shame that he hasn't maintained his quality levels for whatever reason however he seems to have enjoyed his time in Cardiff.

    Would this class as clickbait for a clickbait article?

  14. #14

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    [QUOTE=Since62;4708104]There will be no reference to the Immers fee in the accounts. He was signed permanently after May 2016 ( in any case his cost would just be included in a total of player costs for the year) and was sold after those accounts were signed off.[/QUOTE

    in any case his cost would just be included in a total of player costs for the year) and was sold after those accounts were signed off...

    That's what I meant Keith , thanks for pointing it out.

  15. #15

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Agreed, anyway why keep another lad who wants away and is clearly unfit or no longer needing a contract with us .

    Well done city , clear em out , lets get in players who want to be with us.
    Presumably you will be happy to move on just about all the players the "transfer committee " signed in aug as none of them appear to be wanted anymore? The first people that need clearing out are the transfer committee who signed them ??

  16. #16

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    I know the club do some barmy things, but are we really expected to believe that they would pay 2 million for a 30 year old with a year left on his contract and then release him six months into his deal with us? Let's not forger that City have been banging on about staying within the FFP rules for months as well.

  17. #17

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Unlikley isn't it...if the hard facts are there in respect of the fee paid, then fair enough, however , at the time of writing it is pure guesswork.

  18. #18

    Re: Does anybody actually believe this?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know the club do some barmy things, but are we really expected to believe that they would pay 2 million for a 30 year old with a year left on his contract and then release him six months into his deal with us? Let's not forger that City have been banging on about staying within the FFP rules for months as well.
    1 million would be ok though?

    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post4654616

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •