+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Cardiff Changing ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is Cardiff Changing ?

According to everything I read on WalesOnline Cardiff is being pretty much transformed into an ultra-modern metropolis.

I've lived abroad for the last 7 years and haven't really spent a lot of time there during that time.

According to WO this is what it'll be like in 10 years.....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/busines...ke-10-12311665

The bay/docks is going to be transformed. The land between Cardiff Central and the bay is going to be completely redeveloped. Grangetown is now middle-class. University. Metro System. New bridge where vulcan used to be.

Are all these things Definitely going to happen ? WO seems to sensationalise things a bit and run stories making out that the future is set in stone when they are just reporting on proposals and artists impressions.

Also, do you like how the city has changed or how it is expected to change according to the plans put forward?

Personally, I think it looks a bit cheap and will probably age badly and look like shite when companies close down and vacate the spaces. It's what I imagine the US to be like (or Plymouth). Cheapy builds for cheapy business that relies on novelty factor. Customers get bored, shops close down, demolish, rebuild more cheapy things. It's a sure way to keep the money flowing but also makes for an ugly souless city.
    Last edited by Divine Wright; 06-01-17 at 22:20.