+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 54 of 54

Thread: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

  1. #31

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Cardiff City want the damages case heard in public at the High Court, but there is a move from some of the defendants for it to be dealt with by the UK’s Football Association at an arbitration – which would involve a hearing behind closed doors.



    Whats to hide Malky?
    It's not like Tan has every buried something.

    Tan is a dodgy snide f'er knee deep in his own scandal of corruption so he can F right off he wants to take the moral high ground.

    Agents creaming off the top, whilst wrong, is the least of the issue of the current professional game. Its as honest as WWF these days, even less so as at least in WWF you know its all a fix.

  2. #32

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Malky of course is with a shout of the best City manager, the bloke did well, yes sure he sent some text that were not right, but they were private texts between 2 blokes, sure it has tainted his time here for some, but he created a team that was hard to beat and gave us something to shout about

    For me its Eddie May, but i loved that era, the sense of the team being our team, we really were the big fish in the small pond, arriving at towns around the county on the train was special, everything clicked for me at that time, i guess it was my age though, the football was good, the away were great, the clothes and music were spot on, great days

  3. #33

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    The only thing it will show the public is the vast amounts agents make fir doing nothing but arranging a meeting. It will probably show a cut for the manager on the deal too. Like we dint know already Vincent....whatever next.....tell us how much more they earn from sponsorship and image rights ? I wish I was Gareth Bales agent....I also wish I was given a mac Donald's franchise just like that....money for nothing and ......

  4. #34

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Burrows wins for me. 2 promotions on a shoestring. Ashurst 2nd for his.
    Then May, then Malky, then Lennie
    Loved the days under frank but that was out of div 4. Got some good players at that level, but I'm not sure he knew how to spend if he had to, remember his big signing of swinkendorf??

  5. #35

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Allegedly the case will also involve Malky and Moodys wife business arrangements - so Ive heard from various sources

  6. #36

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Another conscript to Tans PR machine that everything Malky is bad!

    All of the above were very viable targets that Malky was actively pursuing according to reports.

    It may seem unrealistic now because of the calibre of players they've gone on to be but they were all very realistic at the time.
    Malky wasted £9 million on someone that couldn't kick a ball,as for your shopping list the players didn't come here so it's meaningless because Malky FAILED to bring them here

    He's not in my top five City managers by the way

  7. #37

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Allegedly the case will also involve Malky and Moodys wife business arrangements - so Ive heard from various sources
    that is fast becoming common knowledge now

  8. #38
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,579

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Malky wasted £9 million on someone that couldn't kick a ball,as for your shopping list the players didn't come here so it's meaningless because Malky FAILED to bring them here

    He's not in my top five City managers by the way
    I tend to agree. I don't want to join in the Malky bashing, he was a very good manager, but to be fair, with the money he had to play with, there are a lot of managers out there that would've got us promoted.

  9. #39

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    When Malky first arrived he was like a breath of fresh air and did wonders. Once it became clear that the premier league was a reality, something quite obviously seemed to change. In hindsight I think that part of that something was that MM suddenly saw himself as one of the big boys and may have been enticed by big boy perks.
    For all the good MM did while with us you have to wonder what the hell the Cornelius deal was all about, which is where I believe it started the very fast downward spiral. I understand that there was possibly some issue between MM and VT prior to this however at that point something serious developed between the 2.
    In summary MM was a very good manager but as it stands there is a big question mark hanging over his running of the club towards the end.

  10. #40
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,579

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    When Malky first arrived he was like a breath of fresh air and did wonders. Once it became clear that the premier league was a reality, something quite obviously seemed to change. In hindsight I think that part of that something was that MM suddenly saw himself as one of the big boys and may have been enticed by big boy perks.
    For all the good MM did while with us you have to wonder what the hell the Cornelius deal was all about, which is where I believe it started the very fast downward spiral. I understand that there was possibly some issue between MM and VT prior to this however at that point something serious developed between the 2.
    In summary MM was a very good manager but as it stands there is a big question mark hanging over his running of the club towards the end.
    I think you're right about Cornelius.

    It's like me asking you to give me five grand so I can get to work, spending it all on a bike, then coming back and asking for another ten grand so can buy a car as well because I don't want to get wet.

  11. #41

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Cheers Annis. Is Carl doing an update soon.
    Thats not kind now is it? we all know that Carl is pining and suddenly has no friends anymore now that his life support machine has gone. Remember also that most of his income has also gone now that he ceased to be a bus operator.

  12. #42

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think you're right about Cornelius.

    It's like me asking you to give me five grand so I can get to work, spending it all on a bike, then coming back and asking for another ten grand so can buy a car as well because I don't want to get wet.
    Toyota?

  13. #43

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I tend to agree. I don't want to join in the Malky bashing, he was a very good manager, but to be fair, with the money he had to play with, there are a lot of managers out there that would've got us promoted.
    He doesn't do anything any different to all the rest, agents , managers etc....

  14. #44

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He doesn't do anything any different to all the rest, agents , managers etc....

    Not sure that would be part of his defense if it gets to court

  15. #45

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    If anything was proved then my mind would change instantly but looking from the outside in, the source of it all appears to be a clueless Asian businessman not understanding that his employee could get one transfer so badly wrong and that he was the fans darling and not the owner himself.

    Cornelius was clearly an error of judgement and one that VT went very public on but what manager doesn't buy a dud now and again.

    Here's some of Malkys other targets during his time here:

    Jamie Vardy
    Virgil van dijk
    Jay Rodriguez
    Victor wanyama
    Kurt Zouma

    He also signed Troy Deeney for peanuts for Watford.

    That's well over £100 million worth of talent there. Maybe Tan should have backed him more?

    You may have heard rumours as have I but if there was anything more substantial to these I'm sure Malkay would have been dragged through the courts before now. As it stands he's guilty of receiving a few texts from a friend and I suspect nothing else will be found too but let's see.
    Those names are great but only really feasible as Tan was willing to back financially. Malky brought some decent players here but he didn't get any on the 'cheap'.

    I was a massive fan of Malky but the fact Tan is spending the money trying to 'smear' Malky makes me think that there may be something behind it. No smoke without fire? Who knows. Footballing-wise he only made one mistake. I don't think he deserved to get sacked when he did. I don't even care about his 'banter' as some people's lines in the sand are totally different.

    To be potentially corrupt though, that would lose all respect for me - There was absolutely no need.

  16. #46

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think you're right about Cornelius.

    It's like me asking you to give me five grand so I can get to work, spending it all on a bike, then coming back and asking for another ten grand so can buy a car as well because I don't want to get wet.
    And yet it's the Caulker and Odemwingie transfers which are the subject of the court action, not the Cornelius one which, on the face of it, looks the one most likely to be "dodgy" - strange.

  17. #47

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Those names are great but only really feasible as Tan was willing to back financially. Malky brought some decent players here but he didn't get any on the 'cheap'.

    I was a massive fan of Malky but the fact Tan is spending the money trying to 'smear' Malky makes me think that there may be something behind it. No smoke without fire? Who knows. Footballing-wise he only made one mistake. I don't think he deserved to get sacked when he did. I don't even care about his 'banter' as some people's lines in the sand are totally different.

    To be potentially corrupt though, that would lose all respect for me - There was absolutely no need.
    Gunnarsson. Cowie and Taylor didn't cost a penny in transfer fees between them and were all stalwarts of the team which got to a League Cup Final, while two of them were regulars in the side which won the Championship, as was Conway, another one who we didn't pay a fee for. Gestede came on a free and it wasn't Malky's fault that he was sold for a fraction of the amount Villa and Middlesbrough paid for him, while Conway is another one who we should have got more for. Helguson was signed for a modest fee and was a big part of the promotion team and while Jordon Mutch was hardly a cheap buy, we sold him for a healthy profit - there were some excellent signings for modest fees during the first half of Malky's time with us, but, like many managers, the problems began to arrive when he was given serious money, by Cardiff City standards anyway, to spend.

  18. #48

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Not wanting to judge MM abilities as a manager, because even though i wasn't the biggest fan its hard to argue that he isn't wasn't one of the best managers that we have ever had. He spent money because he had money available to him, every manager will spend in that situation and then every managers signings do not work out.

    However if there are allegations out there. Then ideally we want them heard in an open court surely. If the judgement at the end of it is that MM did no wrong, then the matter is pretty much ended for MM and he can get on with his career elsewhere (i think he has now served his time on the matter of the txts).

    It would be better for the fans of the game as a whole if the whole matter of payments to agents, and what they actually do for this money will be better to be open. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a culture of paying an agent, simply to have access to his network of players is common. However that doesn't make it correct.

  19. #49

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Not sure that would be part of his defense if it gets to court
    It would be mine, I'd take arry in with me

  20. #50

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gunnarsson. Cowie and Taylor didn't cost a penny in transfer fees between them and were all stalwarts of the team which got to a League Cup Final, while two of them were regulars in the side which won the Championship, as was Conway, another one who we didn't pay a fee for. Gestede came on a free and it wasn't Malky's fault that he was sold for a fraction of the amount Villa and Middlesbrough paid for him, while Conway is another one who we should have got more for. Helguson was signed for a modest fee and was a big part of the promotion team and while Jordon Mutch was hardly a cheap buy, we sold him for a healthy profit - there were some excellent signings for modest fees during the first half of Malky's time with us, but, like many managers, the problems began to arrive when he was given serious money, by Cardiff City standards anyway, to spend.
    None if that team sound like world beaters 2bh do they?? Bit of bellers and decent keeper. Helgerson, now he is exactly what a team needs in this league. How many times did he knock in a late one??

  21. #51

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Many of the problems about the transfers in question and the alleged offences were due to the fact the club's officers lacked experience in transfer dealings especially when large sums were involved and must have ratified the deals which have later been found to be suspect. That is due to a failure of Corporate governance for which the Board and owner must have some responsibility.

  22. #52

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Cheers Annis. Is Carl doing an update soon.
    Holy shìt 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  23. #53

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Malky wasted £9 million on someone that couldn't kick a ball,as for your shopping list the players didn't come here so it's meaningless because Malky FAILED to bring them here

    He's not in my top five City managers by the way
    Couldn't kick a ball? Who are your top 5 managers BTW?

  24. #54

    Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I think you might be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    So do I.
    And I do!

    I'm with the R souls on this one
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 09-01-17 at 19:44.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •