Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
The problem from Malkays point of view imo is that due to Tans ongoing smear campaign against the best manager we've ever had, certain people have swallowed in full the unsubstantiated BS they've been fed by VTs PR machine.
All this time on and still nothing proved whatsoever. Our owner is a pathetic little man
Best manager we've ever had? Give me Jimmy Schoular and Eddie May, anyday. Much preferred the teams we had out under Dave Jones, than Malky's too. Good attacking sides in the main. Pity he couldn't get us over the line, and promotion to the premier league

If you were to ask my grandfather, in his lifetime, who City's best manager was he would state the manager of the FACup winning team of 1927, Fred Stewart

If you were to aks my dad who City's best manager was in his lifetime, and 81 he has seem them all, from the 46/47 season, he would say Billy McCandless. The man at the helm as we were crowned as champions of Division 3 South and who returned us to the old Second Division in 1946–47 season.

My take is that you have probably only been going down to watch the team since the Sam Hammam era, i.e from Bobby Gould onwards?