+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Those names are great but only really feasible as Tan was willing to back financially. Malky brought some decent players here but he didn't get any on the 'cheap'.

I was a massive fan of Malky but the fact Tan is spending the money trying to 'smear' Malky makes me think that there may be something behind it. No smoke without fire? Who knows. Footballing-wise he only made one mistake. I don't think he deserved to get sacked when he did. I don't even care about his 'banter' as some people's lines in the sand are totally different.

To be potentially corrupt though, that would lose all respect for me - There was absolutely no need.
    Gunnarsson. Cowie and Taylor didn't cost a penny in transfer fees between them and were all stalwarts of the team which got to a League Cup Final, while two of them were regulars in the side which won the Championship, as was Conway, another one who we didn't pay a fee for. Gestede came on a free and it wasn't Malky's fault that he was sold for a fraction of the amount Villa and Middlesbrough paid for him, while Conway is another one who we should have got more for. Helguson was signed for a modest fee and was a big part of the promotion team and while Jordon Mutch was hardly a cheap buy, we sold him for a healthy profit - there were some excellent signings for modest fees during the first half of Malky's time with us, but, like many managers, the problems began to arrive when he was given serious money, by Cardiff City standards anyway, to spend.

Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Not wanting to judge MM abilities as a manager, because even though i wasn't the biggest fan its hard to argue that he isn't wasn't one of the best managers that we have ever had. He spent money because he had money available to him, every manager will spend in that situation and then every managers signings do not work out.

However if there are allegations out there. Then ideally we want them heard in an open court surely. If the judgement at the end of it is that MM did no wrong, then the matter is pretty much ended for MM and he can get on with his career elsewhere (i think he has now served his time on the matter of the txts).

It would be better for the fans of the game as a whole if the whole matter of payments to agents, and what they actually do for this money will be better to be open. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a culture of paying an agent, simply to have access to his network of players is common. However that doesn't make it correct.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gunnarsson. Cowie and Taylor didn't cost a penny in transfer fees between them and were all stalwarts of the team which got to a League Cup Final, while two of them were regulars in the side which won the Championship, as was Conway, another one who we didn't pay a fee for. Gestede came on a free and it wasn't Malky's fault that he was sold for a fraction of the amount Villa and Middlesbrough paid for him, while Conway is another one who we should have got more for. Helguson was signed for a modest fee and was a big part of the promotion team and while Jordon Mutch was hardly a cheap buy, we sold him for a healthy profit - there were some excellent signings for modest fees during the first half of Malky's time with us, but, like many managers, the problems began to arrive when he was given serious money, by Cardiff City standards anyway, to spend.
    None if that team sound like world beaters 2bh do they?? Bit of bellers and decent keeper. Helgerson, now he is exactly what a team needs in this league. How many times did he knock in a late one??