+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes he did, but he's right that we were linked with all five of the players he mentioned, with bids put in for at least two of them and. according to Wikipedia, Watford signed Deeney for a maximum of £500,000 - what a bargain that turned out to be.

Going back to those texts and e-mails, the writer of the article is wrong when they say

"An unsavoury scandal over allegedly racist and homophobic text messages sent by Mackay to his player recruitment chief, Iain Moody, left Tan with no option but it is clear that there was bad blood before the text message scandal put an end to Mackay’s time at Cardiff."

because they were only discovered after Mackay had been sacked by the club - not that it excuses Mackay at all, but there is no admission either that the huge majority of the offensive messages were sent by Moody.

My attitude towards Mackay changed after those messages came out, but in a day and age when the man running for the job of American President can make offensive tweets and speeches about people from other nations and cultures and still get elected and many, including quite a few on here, constantly rail against "political correctness gone mad", should those three messages Mackay sent out of what I believe were hundreds of thousands really mean that he should be penalised as much as he has been when it comes to his career since leaving Cardiff?

If Mackay and the others are guilty of the financial irregularities Tan claims they were alleges, then they deserve to have the book thrown at them, but, until then, my judgment of where he ranks among City managers will remain the same - he made mistakes (e.g. Cornelius), but, in football terms, he's right up there with the best City bosses I've seen.
    He may have been linked Bob but the fact that they were largely unrealistic targets was part of our downfall.

He also went after Oscar Cardozo ffs!

Wanyama or Capoue were never gonna come to us, neither was Zouma.

I will give him Vardy as i believe he even came down to look around the facilities and i believe Malky decided against Van Dijk.

Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Another conscript to Tans PR machine that everything Malky is bad!

All of the above were very viable targets that Malky was actively pursuing according to reports.

It may seem unrealistic now because of the calibre of players they've gone on to be but they were all very realistic at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Another conscript to Tans PR machine that everything Malky is bad!

All of the above were very viable targets that Malky was actively pursuing according to reports.

It may seem unrealistic now because of the calibre of players they've gone on to be but they were all very realistic at the time.
    Malky wasted £9 million on someone that couldn't kick a ball,as for your shopping list the players didn't come here so it's meaningless because Malky FAILED to bring them here

He's not in my top five City managers by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Malky wasted £9 million on someone that couldn't kick a ball,as for your shopping list the players didn't come here so it's meaningless because Malky FAILED to bring them here

I tend to agree. I don't want to join in the Malky bashing, he was a very good manager, but to be fair, with the money he had to play with, there are a lot of managers out there that would've got us promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I tend to agree. I don't want to join in the Malky bashing, he was a very good manager, but to be fair, with the money he had to play with, there are a lot of managers out there that would've got us promoted.
    He doesn't do anything any different to all the rest, agents , managers etc....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He doesn't do anything any different to all the rest, agents , managers etc....

Not sure that would be part of his defense if it gets to court

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Not sure that would be part of his defense if it gets to court
    It would be mine, I'd take arry in with me

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

Couldn't kick a ball? Who are your top 5 managers BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He may have been linked Bob but the fact that they were largely unrealistic targets was part of our downfall.

He also went after Oscar Cardozo ffs!

Wanyama or Capoue were never gonna come to us, neither was Zouma.

I will give him Vardy as i believe he even came down to look around the facilities and i believe Malky decided against Van Dijk.
    Gary Medel was a bigger name than any of the five listed in the summer of 2013 and yet he came here and, although it tends to be forgotten now, Steven Caulker's signing was greeted with glee by most supporters because, at that time, he was regarded as a real prospect. So, I would disagree that the players listed were never going to come here in the summer of 2013 - yes, we became second favourites before, for example, Southampton started chasing Wanyama and Capoue was always going to sign for Spurs over us, but I think, come transfer deadline day, they would have signed for us if no one else was in for them.