+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    The problem from Malkays point of view imo is that due to Tans ongoing smear campaign against the best manager we've ever had, certain people have swallowed in full the unsubstantiated BS they've been fed by VTs PR machine.
    All this time on and still nothing proved whatsoever. Our owner is a pathetic little man
    Best manager we've ever had? Give me Jimmy Schoular and Eddie May, anyday. Much preferred the teams we had out under Dave Jones, than Malky's too. Good attacking sides in the main. Pity he couldn't get us over the line, and promotion to the premier league

If you were to ask my grandfather, in his lifetime, who City's best manager was he would state the manager of the FACup winning team of 1927, Fred Stewart

If you were to aks my dad who City's best manager was in his lifetime, and 81 he has seem them all, from the 46/47 season, he would say Billy McCandless. The man at the helm as we were crowned as champions of Division 3 South and who returned us to the old Second Division in 1946–47 season.

My take is that you have probably only been going down to watch the team since the Sam Hammam era, i.e from Bobby Gould onwards?

Re: Vincent Tan's £10m legal battle with Malky, Moody & three agents. A view from the Asian media

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Best manager we've ever had? Give me Jimmy Schoular and Eddie May, anyday. Much preferred the teams we had out under Dave Jones, than Malky's too. Good attacking sides in the main. Pity he couldn't get us over the line, and promotion to the premier league

If you were to ask my grandfather, in his lifetime, who City's best manager was he would state the manager of the FACup winning team of 1927, Fred Stewart

If you were to aks my dad who City's best manager was in his lifetime, and 81 he has seem them all, from the 46/47 season, he would say Billy McCandless. The man at the helm as we were crowned as champions of Division 3 South and who returned us to the old Second Division in 1946–47 season.

My take is that you have probably only been going down to watch the team since the Sam Hammam era, i.e from Bobby Gould onwards?
    1982 actually

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He may have been linked Bob but the fact that they were largely unrealistic targets was part of our downfall.

He also went after Oscar Cardozo ffs!

Wanyama or Capoue were never gonna come to us, neither was Zouma.

I will give him Vardy as i believe he even came down to look around the facilities and i believe Malky decided against Van Dijk.
    Gary Medel was a bigger name than any of the five listed in the summer of 2013 and yet he came here and, although it tends to be forgotten now, Steven Caulker's signing was greeted with glee by most supporters because, at that time, he was regarded as a real prospect. So, I would disagree that the players listed were never going to come here in the summer of 2013 - yes, we became second favourites before, for example, Southampton started chasing Wanyama and Capoue was always going to sign for Spurs over us, but I think, come transfer deadline day, they would have signed for us if no one else was in for them.

1982 actually
    So basically, most of the managers in your time of supporting City, have been in the "pretty dire and very grim" class

Also if I am being 100% honest, part of me won't accept Malky as the best manager in living memory, due to the money he had at his disposal (especially compared to very other manager in my lifetime), the fact that we played in red and had a horse dung of a badge, when promoted. However, I do believe Malky had the nous to keep us in the premier division. If Tan had any nous as a football club owner, he should have waited until the final whistle of our last game of the season, V Chelsea, then sacked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    So basically, most of the managers in your time of supporting City, have been in the "pretty dire and very grim" class

Also if I am being 100% honest, part of me won't accept Malky as the best manager in living memory, due to the money he had at his disposal (especially compared to very other manager in my lifetime), the fact that we played in red and had a horse dung of a badge, when promoted. However, I do believe Malky had the nous to keep us in the premier division. If Tan had any nous as a football club owner, he should have waited until the final whistle of our last game of the season, V Chelsea, then sacked him.

Yep it all went downhill from the Bennet / Hemmerman era that I first watched but as mentioned I've been through the Ashurst and Burrows years and I also thought Jones worked miracles in the transfer market and played some great football at times too.

My one negative against Malky was he never stood up against the red despite the fact he knew how wrong it was but I'm judging on what I know and witnessed not mere rumours.

On results alone it's impossible to deny he was up there with the best. Not the greatest team to watch admittedly but we were a team and effective. Like you, I have little doubt that without the fall out with the owner, Malky's side would have "dug out" enough points to survive that first season.

His era was probably the first time that I felt we had real direction as a club on the pitch and he was incredibly popular right to the end too as was witnessed with the support he was getting in the days running up to his sacking. Of course, now, people "never liked the guy from the start"

The moment something is proved against Malky my mind will change but for now with the facts in front of me, he's been very harshly treated

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Cardiff City want the damages case heard in public at the High Court, but there is a move from some of the defendants for it to be dealt with by the UK’s Football Association at an arbitration – which would involve a hearing behind closed doors.

Whats to hide Malky?
    It's not like Tan has every buried something.

Tan is a dodgy snide f'er knee deep in his own scandal of corruption so he can F right off he wants to take the moral high ground.

Agents creaming off the top, whilst wrong, is the least of the issue of the current professional game. Its as honest as WWF these days, even less so as at least in WWF you know its all a fix.

Malky of course is with a shout of the best City manager, the bloke did well, yes sure he sent some text that were not right, but they were private texts between 2 blokes, sure it has tainted his time here for some, but he created a team that was hard to beat and gave us something to shout about

For me its Eddie May, but i loved that era, the sense of the team being our team, we really were the big fish in the small pond, arriving at towns around the county on the train was special, everything clicked for me at that time, i guess it was my age though, the football was good, the away were great, the clothes and music were spot on, great days

The only thing it will show the public is the vast amounts agents make fir doing nothing but arranging a meeting. It will probably show a cut for the manager on the deal too. Like we dint know already Vincent....whatever next.....tell us how much more they earn from sponsorship and image rights ? I wish I was Gareth Bales agent....I also wish I was given a mac Donald's franchise just like that....money for nothing and ......

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Burrows wins for me. 2 promotions on a shoestring. Ashurst 2nd for his.
    Then May, then Malky, then Lennie
    Loved the days under frank but that was out of div 4. Got some good players at that level, but I'm not sure he knew how to spend if he had to, remember his big signing of swinkendorf??

Another conscript to Tans PR machine that everything Malky is bad!

All of the above were very viable targets that Malky was actively pursuing according to reports.

It may seem unrealistic now because of the calibre of players they've gone on to be but they were all very realistic at the time.
    Malky wasted £9 million on someone that couldn't kick a ball,as for your shopping list the players didn't come here so it's meaningless because Malky FAILED to bring them here

He's not in my top five City managers by the way

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Allegedly the case will also involve Malky and Moodys wife business arrangements - so Ive heard from various sources
    that is fast becoming common knowledge now

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Malky wasted £9 million on someone that couldn't kick a ball,as for your shopping list the players didn't come here so it's meaningless because Malky FAILED to bring them here

He's not in my top five City managers by the way
    I tend to agree. I don't want to join in the Malky bashing, he was a very good manager, but to be fair, with the money he had to play with, there are a lot of managers out there that would've got us promoted.

When Malky first arrived he was like a breath of fresh air and did wonders. Once it became clear that the premier league was a reality, something quite obviously seemed to change. In hindsight I think that part of that something was that MM suddenly saw himself as one of the big boys and may have been enticed by big boy perks.
    For all the good MM did while with us you have to wonder what the hell the Cornelius deal was all about, which is where I believe it started the very fast downward spiral. I understand that there was possibly some issue between MM and VT prior to this however at that point something serious developed between the 2.
    In summary MM was a very good manager but as it stands there is a big question mark hanging over his running of the club towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    When Malky first arrived he was like a breath of fresh air and did wonders. Once it became clear that the premier league was a reality, something quite obviously seemed to change. In hindsight I think that part of that something was that MM suddenly saw himself as one of the big boys and may have been enticed by big boy perks.
    For all the good MM did while with us you have to wonder what the hell the Cornelius deal was all about, which is where I believe it started the very fast downward spiral. I understand that there was possibly some issue between MM and VT prior to this however at that point something serious developed between the 2.
    In summary MM was a very good manager but as it stands there is a big question mark hanging over his running of the club towards the end.
    I think you're right about Cornelius.

It's like me asking you to give me five grand so I can get to work, spending it all on a bike, then coming back and asking for another ten grand so can buy a car as well because I don't want to get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Cheers *****. Is Carl doing an update soon.
    Thats not kind now is it? we all know that Carl is pining and suddenly has no friends anymore now that his life support machine has gone. Remember also that most of his income has also gone now that he ceased to be a bus operator.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

It's like me asking you to give me five grand so I can get to work, spending it all on a bike, then coming back and asking for another ten grand so can buy a car as well because I don't want to get wet.
    Toyota?

I tend to agree. I don't want to join in the Malky bashing, he was a very good manager, but to be fair, with the money he had to play with, there are a lot of managers out there that would've got us promoted.
    He doesn't do anything any different to all the rest, agents , managers etc....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He doesn't do anything any different to all the rest, agents , managers etc....

Not sure that would be part of his defense if it gets to court

If anything was proved then my mind would change instantly but looking from the outside in, the source of it all appears to be a clueless Asian businessman not understanding that his employee could get one transfer so badly wrong and that he was the fans darling and not the owner himself.

Cornelius was clearly an error of judgement and one that VT went very public on but what manager doesn't buy a dud now and again.

Here's some of Malkys other targets during his time here:

Jamie Vardy
    Virgil van dijk
    Jay Rodriguez
    Victor wanyama
    Kurt Zouma

He also signed Troy Deeney for peanuts for Watford.

That's well over £100 million worth of talent there. Maybe Tan should have backed him more?

You may have heard rumours as have I but if there was anything more substantial to these I'm sure Malkay would have been dragged through the courts before now. As it stands he's guilty of receiving a few texts from a friend and I suspect nothing else will be found too but let's see.
    Those names are great but only really feasible as Tan was willing to back financially. Malky brought some decent players here but he didn't get any on the 'cheap'.

I was a massive fan of Malky but the fact Tan is spending the money trying to 'smear' Malky makes me think that there may be something behind it. No smoke without fire? Who knows. Footballing-wise he only made one mistake. I don't think he deserved to get sacked when he did. I don't even care about his 'banter' as some people's lines in the sand are totally different.

To be potentially corrupt though, that would lose all respect for me - There was absolutely no need.

And yet it's the Caulker and Odemwingie transfers which are the subject of the court action, not the Cornelius one which, on the face of it, looks the one most likely to be "dodgy" - strange.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Those names are great but only really feasible as Tan was willing to back financially. Malky brought some decent players here but he didn't get any on the 'cheap'.

I was a massive fan of Malky but the fact Tan is spending the money trying to 'smear' Malky makes me think that there may be something behind it. No smoke without fire? Who knows. Footballing-wise he only made one mistake. I don't think he deserved to get sacked when he did. I don't even care about his 'banter' as some people's lines in the sand are totally different.

To be potentially corrupt though, that would lose all respect for me - There was absolutely no need.
    Gunnarsson. Cowie and Taylor didn't cost a penny in transfer fees between them and were all stalwarts of the team which got to a League Cup Final, while two of them were regulars in the side which won the Championship, as was Conway, another one who we didn't pay a fee for. Gestede came on a free and it wasn't Malky's fault that he was sold for a fraction of the amount Villa and Middlesbrough paid for him, while Conway is another one who we should have got more for. Helguson was signed for a modest fee and was a big part of the promotion team and while Jordon Mutch was hardly a cheap buy, we sold him for a healthy profit - there were some excellent signings for modest fees during the first half of Malky's time with us, but, like many managers, the problems began to arrive when he was given serious money, by Cardiff City standards anyway, to spend.

Not wanting to judge MM abilities as a manager, because even though i wasn't the biggest fan its hard to argue that he isn't wasn't one of the best managers that we have ever had. He spent money because he had money available to him, every manager will spend in that situation and then every managers signings do not work out.

However if there are allegations out there. Then ideally we want them heard in an open court surely. If the judgement at the end of it is that MM did no wrong, then the matter is pretty much ended for MM and he can get on with his career elsewhere (i think he has now served his time on the matter of the txts).

It would be better for the fans of the game as a whole if the whole matter of payments to agents, and what they actually do for this money will be better to be open. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a culture of paying an agent, simply to have access to his network of players is common. However that doesn't make it correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Not sure that would be part of his defense if it gets to court
    It would be mine, I'd take arry in with me

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gunnarsson. Cowie and Taylor didn't cost a penny in transfer fees between them and were all stalwarts of the team which got to a League Cup Final, while two of them were regulars in the side which won the Championship, as was Conway, another one who we didn't pay a fee for. Gestede came on a free and it wasn't Malky's fault that he was sold for a fraction of the amount Villa and Middlesbrough paid for him, while Conway is another one who we should have got more for. Helguson was signed for a modest fee and was a big part of the promotion team and while Jordon Mutch was hardly a cheap buy, we sold him for a healthy profit - there were some excellent signings for modest fees during the first half of Malky's time with us, but, like many managers, the problems began to arrive when he was given serious money, by Cardiff City standards anyway, to spend.
    None if that team sound like world beaters 2bh do they?? Bit of bellers and decent keeper. Helgerson, now he is exactly what a team needs in this league. How many times did he knock in a late one??

Many of the problems about the transfers in question and the alleged offences were due to the fact the club's officers lacked experience in transfer dealings especially when large sums were involved and must have ratified the deals which have later been found to be suspect. That is due to a failure of Corporate governance for which the Board and owner must have some responsibility.