Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
Those names are great but only really feasible as Tan was willing to back financially. Malky brought some decent players here but he didn't get any on the 'cheap'.

I was a massive fan of Malky but the fact Tan is spending the money trying to 'smear' Malky makes me think that there may be something behind it. No smoke without fire? Who knows. Footballing-wise he only made one mistake. I don't think he deserved to get sacked when he did. I don't even care about his 'banter' as some people's lines in the sand are totally different.

To be potentially corrupt though, that would lose all respect for me - There was absolutely no need.
Gunnarsson. Cowie and Taylor didn't cost a penny in transfer fees between them and were all stalwarts of the team which got to a League Cup Final, while two of them were regulars in the side which won the Championship, as was Conway, another one who we didn't pay a fee for. Gestede came on a free and it wasn't Malky's fault that he was sold for a fraction of the amount Villa and Middlesbrough paid for him, while Conway is another one who we should have got more for. Helguson was signed for a modest fee and was a big part of the promotion team and while Jordon Mutch was hardly a cheap buy, we sold him for a healthy profit - there were some excellent signings for modest fees during the first half of Malky's time with us, but, like many managers, the problems began to arrive when he was given serious money, by Cardiff City standards anyway, to spend.