+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The supidity of scheduling games for FA Cup 4th round weekend

The supidity of scheduling games for FA Cup 4th round weekend

If we beat Fulham tomorrow then our game at Reading will be postponed meaning a midweek away later in the season. Not ideal.

But for Newcastle it's a shocker

Thank's to Brighton winning today the Brighton v Newcastle game on Sat Jan 28th will now have to become a midweek game.

Hopefully the Newcastle fans will have held off booking their travel for the 28th as it was always likely to get postponed with Brighton at home to a side in the division below them.

Last year we only knew we were playing Huddersfield 10 days before the game.

Makes you feel slightly sorry for those who have to arrange the travel, eh Tony

Re: The supidity of scheduling games for FA Cup 4th round weekend

The whole fixture set up is a debacle. Ticket prices, televising schedules and kick off times are in need of a good dose of common sense. I seriously hope BBC Wales take a look at what they've done to the gate tmrw meaning they dont really have a product that appeals to anyone bar those of us Bluebirds and the Fulham fans who arent attending. Judging by the fact that no one learnt a damn thing from the Shrewsbury cock up I doubt it though.

The club should have told BBC Wales to get lost and played the game on a Saturday afternoon. It's going to be an embarrassment to all concerned I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The club should have told BBC Wales to get lost and played the game on a Saturday afternoon. It's going to be an embarrassment to all concerned I'm afraid.
    I'm guessing that's what Hull and Swansea did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I remember being sooo excited when City were live on the telly where millions were watching.
    Funny how things have changed in such a relatively short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    If we beat Fulham tomorrow then our game at Reading will be postponed meaning a midweek away later in the season. Not ideal.

But for Newcastle it's a shocker

Thank's to Brighton winning today the Brighton v Newcastle game on Sat Jan 28th will now have to become a midweek game.

Hopefully the Newcastle fans will have held off booking their travel for the 28th as it was always likely to get postponed with Brighton at home to a side in the division below them.

Last year we only knew we were playing Huddersfield 10 days before the game.

Makes you feel slightly sorry for those who have to arrange the travel, eh Tony
    Newcastle have been further shafted again.

Sky had moved their fixture v Brentford to next Monday for TV but because Newcastle have an FA Cup replay Sky have moved their game back a day to Sunday. So not only was it moved once a number of weeks ago it's been moved again less that a week before it was due to go ahead.