All have to be up there

Re: Emyr Huws

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Zaha
    Dimi
    Berget
    Burgerstaller

All have to be up there
    All proven to be good players after their time here, like Huws might be. Burgstaller signed for Schalke today.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Zaha
    Dimi
    Berget
    Burgerstaller

All have to be up there
    Magnus Wolff Eikrem
    Stephen Bywater
    Semi Ajayi
    Ravel Morrison
    Javi Guerra

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    "Dave"
    Had forgotten about "Dave"

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Magnus Wolff Eikrem
    Stephen Bywater
    Semi Ajayi
    Ravel Morrison
    Javi Guerra
    Semi Ajayi has done nothing wrong and looked good in pre-season. He could be a regular by this time next year,

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, this fella gotta be NUMBER 1,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Zo%C3%AFs
    Ha!

In was going for 'pointless' signings, not 'shit' signings. Indeed there are many worse of that

he is ****ing balls m8

Eikrem and Berget were definitely pointless. We were oversubscribed in their respective positions and they also didn't provide any improvement - therefore pointless.

I mean Iwan Redan, Dave etc might have been dog shit signings but at least they were in positions we were deseperetely lacking in

Dai Hunt, cira 1991, Bob Bank - "Damon (Searle), Damon, Damon, Damon - you want to win today or what? Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon"

Damon Searle when close to the touch line (exasperated) "What Dai? What do you want?"

Dai Hunt "Damon, Damon, Damon, I've posed a question and demand and answer, do you want to win today?"

Damon shakes his head.

Dai Hunt, through the rest of the game "Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, I want an answer Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon........"

I moved and I could still hear him in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Eikrem and Berget were definitely pointless. We were oversubscribed in their respective positions and they also didn't provide any improvement - therefore pointless.

I mean Iwan Redan, Dave etc might have been dog shit signings but at least they were in positions we were deseperetely lacking in
    They were only pointless because they never played - whether they were an improvement on what we had is a totally different kettle of fish.

Eikrem and Berget are both established regulars and now Swedish champions with Malmo, and were regulars in the Champions League in their debut season; Berget also has a decent scoring record there. Burgstaller as mentioned has just signed for Schalke after scoring 34 goals in 70 games for Nurnburg - an excellent return for a midfield player. Javi Guerra has scored 20 in 50 in Spain, Idriss Saadi 10 in 20 in Belgium...you get the point. The evidence suggests that many of these players were an improvement on what we had; the key theme is that none of them ever got more than 5 minutes to show it.

It would really not surprise me if Emyr Huws proved to be the same; certainly in games I've seen him for Wales and Huddersfield there is no denying the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    All proven to be good players after their time here, like Huws might be. Burgstaller signed for Schalke today.
    Always knew OGS had an eye for a player. Possible Director of Football?

I don't think our fans will ever learn from their jumping the gun on criticising players, or their happiness in flogging people for nothing:

https://www.vavel.com/en/internation...-nurnberg.html

Edit - Just noticed Burger has already been mentioned.

Huws just turned 23. He has had 3 appearances in a cardiff shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Dai Hunt, cira 1991, Bob Bank - "Damon (Searle), Damon, Damon, Damon - you want to win today or what? Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon"

Damon Searle when close to the touch line (exasperated) "What Dai? What do you want?"

Dai Hunt "Damon, Damon, Damon, I've posed a question and demand and answer, do you want to win today?"

Damon shakes his head.

Dai Hunt, through the rest of the game "Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, I want an answer Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon........"

I moved and I could still hear him in the second half.
    Dai Hunt vs Fulham: "Sol Sol Sol Sol Sol" (as he's coming off the pitch following the warm up). Sol looks up perplexed and waves in the general direction of this disembodied voice before walking off "There we are - that's my mate Sol. He does what I tell him"

During the game: "Sol Sol Sol - run around and score. That's all you need to do" Based on Dai's logic, I think this proves that Sol clearly isn't Dai's mate.

Needs to sort himself out soon or he will be Emyr Who's

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Magnus Wolff Eikrem
    Stephen Bywater
    Semi Ajayi
    Ravel Morrison
    Javi Guerra
    Morrison was a player where we were almost guaranteed not to get anything useful for more than very short bursts. Of all people, he wasn't going to see Slade as an inspirational mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    They were only pointless because they never played - whether they were an improvement on what we had is a totally different kettle of fish.

Eikrem and Berget are both established regulars and now Swedish champions with Malmo, and were regulars in the Champions League in their debut season; Berget also has a decent scoring record there. Burgstaller as mentioned has just signed for Schalke after scoring 34 goals in 70 games for Nurnburg - an excellent return for a midfield player. Javi Guerra has scored 20 in 50 in Spain, Idriss Saadi 10 in 20 in Belgium...you get the point. The evidence suggests that many of these players were an improvement on what we had; the key theme is that none of them ever got more than 5 minutes to show it.

It would really not surprise me if Emyr Huws proved to be the same; certainly in games I've seen him for Wales and Huddersfield there is no denying the talent.
    I disagree with you on this, Eikrem and Berget may well be established in the Swedish premier league now. We were in the English premier league when we bought them and they were not an improvement on Medel, Mutch, Whitts, Gunnarsson, Campbell, Bellamy or Odemwingie. Take a look at who Palace and Hull were signing at the same time; Huddlestone, long, jelavic, ledley, Gayle, dann etc that kept them up.

I don't think we've got any regrettable attrition from players over that whole OGS time period?

I suppose there must come a point as a player that if you aren't getting the chances you cease to care. I think he just thought " put me on against a reserve fulham team in front of a 5k crowd will you?....you can keep it......i want out before the window shuts". It'd be a daft thing to do on more than one level but maybe that's what was going on.

None of the players above, bar Saadi, wanted to be here, Ole signed them and they quickly realised he was a dud manager and stopped caring. I don't get the impression Huws does either.

Eikrem had 15 assists last season (5 more than anyone else in that league) which, I assume, qualifies him as a Malmo legend.