+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emyr Huws

Emyr Huws

Needs to leave. He's not interested and Lambert can go too as he's finally fossilised.

To cap it off I've got Dai Hunt shouting crap in my ear too. Probably the best entertainment I'm going to get today...

Re: Emyr Huws

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Needs to leave. He's not interested and Lambert can go too as he's finally fossilised.

To cap it off I've got Dai Hunt shouting crap in my ear too. Probably the best entertainment I'm going to get today...

Mark Harris coming on ,lets see what he has

The guy hasn't played since October and is thrown into a game against one of the best teams in the Championship where one of his midfield partners is Greg f*****g Halford

I agree that Halford hardly shone but Huws is disgraceful. I would imagune he is on a high salary, deffo one to go in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The guy hasn't played since October and is thrown into a game against one of the best teams in the Championship where one of his midfield partners is Greg f*****g Halford
    Sorry but that doesn't account for a complete lack of effort, commitment or intention to look like an International footballer who was being wrongly overlooked. He never once attempted to drive forward and I'd be tempted to say he was injured except he's played like that every time I see him.

There was one incident where he got close enough to his man, just in front of the dugout, to make sure the player had to work to keep the ball and he basically didn't challenge at all.

For a midfield player he carried no presence or threat at all, and I'd rate him no more effective than Halford over the course of the match - despite supposedly being a much better player now.

As a team we were slower in thought and deed than all the Fulham side. I lost count of the number of times we had ample time and space to get a cross or shot in and were so slow it was blocked.

I agree with other comments that Warnock has to take responsibility for putting out a team that was not up for the match, and then not letting them know it wasn't good enough during the game.

Honeymoon's over after today Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Sorry but that doesn't account for a complete lack of effort, commitment or intention to look like an International footballer who was being wrongly overlooked. He never once attempted to drive forward and I'd be tempted to say he was injured except he's played like that every time I see him.

There was one incident where he got close enough to his man, just in front of the dugout, to make sure the player had to work to keep the ball and he basically didn't challenge at all.

For a midfield player he carried no presence or threat at all, and I'd rate him no more effective than Halford over the course of the match - despite supposedly being a much better player now.

As a team we were slower in thought and deed than all the Fulham side. I lost count of the number of times we had ample time and space to get a cross or shot in and were so slow it was blocked.

I agree with other comments that Warnock has to take responsibility for putting out a team that was not up for the match, and then not letting them know it wasn't good enough during the game.

Honeymoon's over after today Neil
    I thought we put a surprisingly strong team out today. I think they let Warnock down.

Huws was indeed useless but so was everyone else except Bamba and later on Noone did inject a bit of life. But it has to be said it was one of the poorest games ever witnessed on TV even though Fulham deserve some credit for totally dominating proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I thought we put a surprisingly strong team out today. I think they let Warnock down.
    It was lacklustre.
    Bamba, Noone (briefly), Kadeem and Mark Harris (briefly) showed a dusting of spirit - nobody else seemed especially bothered.

Emyr Huws - what is the guy about? His chance arrives - to show what he can do - and he didn't seem interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    It was lacklustre.
    Bamba, Noone (briefly), Kadeem and Mark Harris (briefly) showed a dusting of spirit - nobody else seemed especially bothered.

Emyr Huws - what is the guy about? His chance arrives - to show what he can do - and he didn't seem interested.
    I'm not sure whether he was interested. I just don't think he's a very good player.

I'm not sure whether he was interested. I just don't think he's a very good player.
    Aye, maybe that is all there is to it.
    Even that said though, I'm sure we can all think of a good few players who, to be frank, were not very good, but at least gave it a go or looked interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Aye, maybe that is all there is to it.
    Even that said though, I'm sure we can all think of a good few players who, to be frank, were not very good, but at least gave it a go or looked interested.

I think warnock is as much to blame today as the players. if this was slade or trollope we would be ripping him apart. His tactics were non existent today and he was to slow with the substitutions.

Ps please don't reply Tandy. Grown ups are discussing today.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I think warnock is as much to blame today as the players. if this was slade or trollope we would be ripping him apart. His tactics were non existent today and he was to slow with the substitutions.

Ps please don't reply Tandy. Grown ups are discussing today.
    Given the side that was put out I think the tactics were about right. We were getting outplayed in midfield and Richards was ineffective so he changed from wing backs to a back four with Halford pushing forward to help out. Unfortunately it didn't work as we had one those games where we seemed incapable of keeping hold of the ball for more than a couple of passes, and when we did manage to hold on to it, we were devoid of any ability get the ball to a forward.

This. Quite simply this. Nothing to see here. Ben Woodburn will be ahead of Huws in the Wales pecking order but at Cardiff even Ben Fogle should get a game ahead of him.

23 years old. He's not a kid. He should be showing more than he has by now. Maybe he needs to play more. Send him out on loan.

Blue in the Face

Just to be contrary here. I've seen so much more quality from Huws many times in the past, though not once in a Cardiff shirt. He's not been given a sequence of games here. Seems shot of confidence.

This said, he was very poor against fulham. As we're almost the entire incoherent team.

This might very well be wishful thinking, but I still have a bit of hope he might prove us wrong.

Top 3 most pointless Cardiff signing

1. Gabriel Tamas
    2. Emyr Huws
    3. Simon Lappin

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post

1. Gabriel Tamas
    2. Emyr Huws
    3. Simon Lappin
    There's many signings that could trump that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Just to be contrary here. I've seen so much more quality from Huws many times in the past, though not once in a Cardiff shirt. He's not been given a sequence of games here. Seems shot of confidence.

This said, he was very poor against fulham. As we're almost the entire incoherent team.

This might very well be wishful thinking, but I still have a bit of hope he might prove us wrong.
    I agree with you, Huws has shown while playing for his country that he is a lot better than he has shown at Cardiff so far - watching him on Sunday. it seemed to me that he didn't want to be given the ball. As you say, it may well be a confidence issue or I suppose there's always the possibility in these days where young men are earning thousands of pounds a week while still in their teens, that he is happy just to drift along picking up the money while it's still coming in - another alternative is that there is something off the pitch that is affecting his play.

Whatever the cause, at the moment he is on course to become another one of thousands who look back at their career twenty years later and wistfully say "I could have been a contender" - I'm not saying Huws is real top class, but he's got the ability to be doing an awful lot better than he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post

1. Gabriel Tamas
    2. Emyr Huws
    3. Simon Lappin

Na, this fella gotta be NUMBER 1,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Zo%C3%AFs

I have come to the conclusion that Warnock was quite happy for a poor performance to show the board how bad the squad was and that a clear out was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, this fella gotta be NUMBER 1,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Zo%C3%AFs
    Iwan Redan
    Idriss Saadi
    Frederic Gounongbe

The list over the past 5/6 seasons is endless

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Iwan Redan
    Idriss Saadi
    Frederic Gounongbe

Remember Fan Zhiyi ? - signed a season long contract in Nov 2002 and then appeared about once or twice 'competitively' (I use the word loosely) in any league fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Iwan Redan
    Idriss Saadi
    Frederic Gounongbe

From the little I saw of him saadi looked decent imho