+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Emyr Huws

  1. #1

    Emyr Huws

    Needs to leave. He's not interested and Lambert can go too as he's finally fossilised.

    To cap it off I've got Dai Hunt shouting crap in my ear too. Probably the best entertainment I'm going to get today...

  2. #2
    First Team El Gwapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Credibility Street
    Posts
    1,201

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Needs to leave. He's not interested and Lambert can go too as he's finally fossilised.

    To cap it off I've got Dai Hunt shouting crap in my ear too. Probably the best entertainment I'm going to get today...

  3. #3

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Mark Harris coming on ,lets see what he has

  4. #4

    Re: Emyr Huws

    The guy hasn't played since October and is thrown into a game against one of the best teams in the Championship where one of his midfield partners is Greg f*****g Halford

  5. #5

    Re: Emyr Huws

    I agree that Halford hardly shone but Huws is disgraceful. I would imagune he is on a high salary, deffo one to go in my opinion.

  6. #6

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The guy hasn't played since October and is thrown into a game against one of the best teams in the Championship where one of his midfield partners is Greg f*****g Halford
    Sorry but that doesn't account for a complete lack of effort, commitment or intention to look like an International footballer who was being wrongly overlooked. He never once attempted to drive forward and I'd be tempted to say he was injured except he's played like that every time I see him.

    There was one incident where he got close enough to his man, just in front of the dugout, to make sure the player had to work to keep the ball and he basically didn't challenge at all.

    For a midfield player he carried no presence or threat at all, and I'd rate him no more effective than Halford over the course of the match - despite supposedly being a much better player now.

    As a team we were slower in thought and deed than all the Fulham side. I lost count of the number of times we had ample time and space to get a cross or shot in and were so slow it was blocked.

    I agree with other comments that Warnock has to take responsibility for putting out a team that was not up for the match, and then not letting them know it wasn't good enough during the game.

    Honeymoon's over after today Neil

  7. #7

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Sorry but that doesn't account for a complete lack of effort, commitment or intention to look like an International footballer who was being wrongly overlooked. He never once attempted to drive forward and I'd be tempted to say he was injured except he's played like that every time I see him.

    There was one incident where he got close enough to his man, just in front of the dugout, to make sure the player had to work to keep the ball and he basically didn't challenge at all.

    For a midfield player he carried no presence or threat at all, and I'd rate him no more effective than Halford over the course of the match - despite supposedly being a much better player now.

    As a team we were slower in thought and deed than all the Fulham side. I lost count of the number of times we had ample time and space to get a cross or shot in and were so slow it was blocked.

    I agree with other comments that Warnock has to take responsibility for putting out a team that was not up for the match, and then not letting them know it wasn't good enough during the game.

    Honeymoon's over after today Neil
    I thought we put a surprisingly strong team out today. I think they let Warnock down.

  8. #8

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Huws was indeed useless but so was everyone else except Bamba and later on Noone did inject a bit of life. But it has to be said it was one of the poorest games ever witnessed on TV even though Fulham deserve some credit for totally dominating proceedings.

  9. #9
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,202

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I thought we put a surprisingly strong team out today. I think they let Warnock down.
    It was lacklustre.
    Bamba, Noone (briefly), Kadeem and Mark Harris (briefly) showed a dusting of spirit - nobody else seemed especially bothered.

    Emyr Huws - what is the guy about? His chance arrives - to show what he can do - and he didn't seem interested.

  10. #10

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    It was lacklustre.
    Bamba, Noone (briefly), Kadeem and Mark Harris (briefly) showed a dusting of spirit - nobody else seemed especially bothered.

    Emyr Huws - what is the guy about? His chance arrives - to show what he can do - and he didn't seem interested.
    I'm not sure whether he was interested. I just don't think he's a very good player.

  11. #11
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,202

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I'm not sure whether he was interested. I just don't think he's a very good player.
    Aye, maybe that is all there is to it.
    Even that said though, I'm sure we can all think of a good few players who, to be frank, were not very good, but at least gave it a go or looked interested.

  12. #12

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Aye, maybe that is all there is to it.
    Even that said though, I'm sure we can all think of a good few players who, to be frank, were not very good, but at least gave it a go or looked interested.

  13. #13

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I thought we put a surprisingly strong team out today. I think they let Warnock down.
    I think warnock is as much to blame today as the players. if this was slade or trollope we would be ripping him apart. His tactics were non existent today and he was to slow with the substitutions.

    Ps please don't reply Tandy. Grown ups are discussing today.

  14. #14

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I think warnock is as much to blame today as the players. if this was slade or trollope we would be ripping him apart. His tactics were non existent today and he was to slow with the substitutions.

    Ps please don't reply Tandy. Grown ups are discussing today.
    Given the side that was put out I think the tactics were about right. We were getting outplayed in midfield and Richards was ineffective so he changed from wing backs to a back four with Halford pushing forward to help out. Unfortunately it didn't work as we had one those games where we seemed incapable of keeping hold of the ball for more than a couple of passes, and when we did manage to hold on to it, we were devoid of any ability get the ball to a forward.

  15. #15

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I'm not sure whether he was interested. I just don't think he's a very good player.
    This. Quite simply this. Nothing to see here. Ben Woodburn will be ahead of Huws in the Wales pecking order but at Cardiff even Ben Fogle should get a game ahead of him.

  16. #16

    Re: Emyr Huws

    23 years old. He's not a kid. He should be showing more than he has by now. Maybe he needs to play more. Send him out on loan.

  17. #17

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Just to be contrary here. I've seen so much more quality from Huws many times in the past, though not once in a Cardiff shirt. He's not been given a sequence of games here. Seems shot of confidence.

    This said, he was very poor against fulham. As we're almost the entire incoherent team.

    This might very well be wishful thinking, but I still have a bit of hope he might prove us wrong.

  18. #18

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Top 3 most pointless Cardiff signing

    1. Gabriel Tamas
    2. Emyr Huws
    3. Simon Lappin

  19. #19

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Top 3 most pointless Cardiff signing

    1. Gabriel Tamas
    2. Emyr Huws
    3. Simon Lappin
    There's many signings that could trump that.

  20. #20

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Just to be contrary here. I've seen so much more quality from Huws many times in the past, though not once in a Cardiff shirt. He's not been given a sequence of games here. Seems shot of confidence.

    This said, he was very poor against fulham. As we're almost the entire incoherent team.

    This might very well be wishful thinking, but I still have a bit of hope he might prove us wrong.
    I agree with you, Huws has shown while playing for his country that he is a lot better than he has shown at Cardiff so far - watching him on Sunday. it seemed to me that he didn't want to be given the ball. As you say, it may well be a confidence issue or I suppose there's always the possibility in these days where young men are earning thousands of pounds a week while still in their teens, that he is happy just to drift along picking up the money while it's still coming in - another alternative is that there is something off the pitch that is affecting his play.

    Whatever the cause, at the moment he is on course to become another one of thousands who look back at their career twenty years later and wistfully say "I could have been a contender" - I'm not saying Huws is real top class, but he's got the ability to be doing an awful lot better than he is now.

  21. #21

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Top 3 most pointless Cardiff signing

    1. Gabriel Tamas
    2. Emyr Huws
    3. Simon Lappin

    Na, this fella gotta be NUMBER 1,

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Zo%C3%AFs

  22. #22

    Re: Emyr Huws

    I have come to the conclusion that Warnock was quite happy for a poor performance to show the board how bad the squad was and that a clear out was necessary.

  23. #23

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, this fella gotta be NUMBER 1,

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Zo%C3%AFs
    Iwan Redan
    Idriss Saadi
    Frederic Gounongbe

    The list over the past 5/6 seasons is endless

  24. #24
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,202

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Iwan Redan
    Idriss Saadi
    Frederic Gounongbe

    The list over the past 5/6 seasons is endless
    Remember Fan Zhiyi ? - signed a season long contract in Nov 2002 and then appeared about once or twice 'competitively' (I use the word loosely) in any league fixture.

  25. #25
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,357

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Iwan Redan
    Idriss Saadi
    Frederic Gounongbe

    The list over the past 5/6 seasons is endless
    From the little I saw of him saadi looked decent imho

  26. #26
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,357

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Zaha
    Dimi
    Berget
    Burgerstaller

    All have to be up there

  27. #27

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Zaha
    Dimi
    Berget
    Burgerstaller

    All have to be up there
    All proven to be good players after their time here, like Huws might be. Burgstaller signed for Schalke today.

  28. #28
    First Team Ainsley Harriott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The People's Republic of Cadoxton
    Posts
    4,018

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Zaha
    Dimi
    Berget
    Burgerstaller

    All have to be up there
    Magnus Wolff Eikrem
    Stephen Bywater
    Semi Ajayi
    Ravel Morrison
    Javi Guerra

  29. #29

  30. #30
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,202

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    "Dave"
    Had forgotten about "Dave"

  31. #31
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Magnus Wolff Eikrem
    Stephen Bywater
    Semi Ajayi
    Ravel Morrison
    Javi Guerra
    Semi Ajayi has done nothing wrong and looked good in pre-season. He could be a regular by this time next year,

  32. #32

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, this fella gotta be NUMBER 1,

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Zo%C3%AFs
    Ha!

    In was going for 'pointless' signings, not 'shit' signings. Indeed there are many worse of that

  33. #33

    Re: Emyr Huws

    he is ****ing balls m8

  34. #34

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Eikrem and Berget were definitely pointless. We were oversubscribed in their respective positions and they also didn't provide any improvement - therefore pointless.

    I mean Iwan Redan, Dave etc might have been dog shit signings but at least they were in positions we were deseperetely lacking in

  35. #35

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Dai Hunt, cira 1991, Bob Bank - "Damon (Searle), Damon, Damon, Damon - you want to win today or what? Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon"

    Damon Searle when close to the touch line (exasperated) "What Dai? What do you want?"

    Dai Hunt "Damon, Damon, Damon, I've posed a question and demand and answer, do you want to win today?"

    Damon shakes his head.

    Dai Hunt, through the rest of the game "Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, I want an answer Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon........"

    I moved and I could still hear him in the second half.

  36. #36

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Eikrem and Berget were definitely pointless. We were oversubscribed in their respective positions and they also didn't provide any improvement - therefore pointless.

    I mean Iwan Redan, Dave etc might have been dog shit signings but at least they were in positions we were deseperetely lacking in
    They were only pointless because they never played - whether they were an improvement on what we had is a totally different kettle of fish.

    Eikrem and Berget are both established regulars and now Swedish champions with Malmo, and were regulars in the Champions League in their debut season; Berget also has a decent scoring record there. Burgstaller as mentioned has just signed for Schalke after scoring 34 goals in 70 games for Nurnburg - an excellent return for a midfield player. Javi Guerra has scored 20 in 50 in Spain, Idriss Saadi 10 in 20 in Belgium...you get the point. The evidence suggests that many of these players were an improvement on what we had; the key theme is that none of them ever got more than 5 minutes to show it.

    It would really not surprise me if Emyr Huws proved to be the same; certainly in games I've seen him for Wales and Huddersfield there is no denying the talent.

  37. #37

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    All proven to be good players after their time here, like Huws might be. Burgstaller signed for Schalke today.
    Always knew OGS had an eye for a player. Possible Director of Football?

  38. #38

    Re: Emyr Huws

    I don't think our fans will ever learn from their jumping the gun on criticising players, or their happiness in flogging people for nothing:

    https://www.vavel.com/en/internation...-nurnberg.html

    Edit - Just noticed Burger has already been mentioned.

    Huws just turned 23. He has had 3 appearances in a cardiff shirt.

  39. #39

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Dai Hunt, cira 1991, Bob Bank - "Damon (Searle), Damon, Damon, Damon - you want to win today or what? Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon"

    Damon Searle when close to the touch line (exasperated) "What Dai? What do you want?"

    Dai Hunt "Damon, Damon, Damon, I've posed a question and demand and answer, do you want to win today?"

    Damon shakes his head.

    Dai Hunt, through the rest of the game "Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon, I want an answer Damon, Damon, Damon, Damon........"

    I moved and I could still hear him in the second half.
    Dai Hunt vs Fulham: "Sol Sol Sol Sol Sol" (as he's coming off the pitch following the warm up). Sol looks up perplexed and waves in the general direction of this disembodied voice before walking off "There we are - that's my mate Sol. He does what I tell him"

    During the game: "Sol Sol Sol - run around and score. That's all you need to do" Based on Dai's logic, I think this proves that Sol clearly isn't Dai's mate.

  40. #40

    Re: Emyr Huws

    Needs to sort himself out soon or he will be Emyr Who's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •