Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
Just to be contrary here. I've seen so much more quality from Huws many times in the past, though not once in a Cardiff shirt. He's not been given a sequence of games here. Seems shot of confidence.

This said, he was very poor against fulham. As we're almost the entire incoherent team.

This might very well be wishful thinking, but I still have a bit of hope he might prove us wrong.
I agree with you, Huws has shown while playing for his country that he is a lot better than he has shown at Cardiff so far - watching him on Sunday. it seemed to me that he didn't want to be given the ball. As you say, it may well be a confidence issue or I suppose there's always the possibility in these days where young men are earning thousands of pounds a week while still in their teens, that he is happy just to drift along picking up the money while it's still coming in - another alternative is that there is something off the pitch that is affecting his play.

Whatever the cause, at the moment he is on course to become another one of thousands who look back at their career twenty years later and wistfully say "I could have been a contender" - I'm not saying Huws is real top class, but he's got the ability to be doing an awful lot better than he is now.