+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Egger takes a pop

Re: Egger takes a pop

Aptly nicknamed 'brain dead' & 'Mongo' by his team mates
    #SaysItAll

When I heard he had retired, siting mental health problems, I genuinely had empathy for him, I still do. But if he genuinely suffers from depression and all that goes with it, why on earth would he tweet controversial opinions. I guess, he doesn't read the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    When I heard he had retired, siting mental health problems, I genuinely had empathy for him, I still do. But if he genuinely suffers from depression and all that goes with it, why on earth would he tweet controversial opinions. I guess, he doesn't read the responses.
    I doubt he can read egg chasing kuuuunt

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    I know Andy and Dwarfoid he aint! I am sure he would be happy to discuss it with you face to face though.
    My bad , I thought it was Andy Howell the midget eggo reporter . Not mongo

I've seen him at a couple of City games back at NP and his previous tweets were in support of us. I think maybe he was just trying to drum up support.

Bit of a misguided way to do it. But no need to get upset .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I've seen him at a couple of City games back at NP and his previous tweets were in support of us. I think maybe he was just trying to drum up support.

Bit of a misguided way to do it. But no need to get upset .
    You are right he is a Bluebirds fan and goes to a game as often as he can. It sounds to me he was telling us to get of of our arses and support the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I thought the same
    Me too.

I know Andy and Dwarfoid he aint! I am sure he would be happy to discuss it with you face to face though.
    The comment that he is a Dwarfoid is both inaccurate and unfair.

The comment that he is thick as a short plank would be accurate however, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    The comment that he is a Dwarfoid is both inaccurate and unfair.

The comment that he is thick as a short plank would be accurate however, wouldn't it?
    No comment

You are right he is a Bluebirds fan and goes to a game as often as he can. It sounds to me he was telling us to get of of our arses and support the boys.
    Whilst pointing out, that the supporters of the nearest club to his beloved Bluebirds are more loyal. Not having a go at you, but he doesn't sound like a big fan to me.

There we go.
    Thanks.

Although I wonder if he was there myself.
    Only met him briefly through a few rugby mates, but he seems a good laugh.

And in some ways he's right, when both clubs were telly crap it always seemed to me that the people of Swansea got behind their team more than those of Cardiff.
    For most of the 80s and 90s our crowds were similar, despite City getting a good number of fans from the Valleys.
    Hard to admit, but as a percentage of population over the years they probably do back their team more.
    In fact in the past we've had thousands in our own city who've actively despised the football club, hence why some of us are so passionate about trying to get people behind the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Andy who?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    There we go.
    Thanks.

Although I wonder if he was there myself.
    Only met him briefly through a few rugby mates, but he seems a good laugh.

And in some ways he's right, when both clubs were telly crap it always seemed to me that the people of Swansea got behind their team more than those of Cardiff.
    For most of the 80s and 90s our crowds were similar, despite City getting a good number of fans from the Valleys.
    Hard to admit, but as a percentage of population over the years they probably do back their team more.
    In fact in the past we've had thousands in our own city who've actively despised the football club, hence why some of us are so passionate about trying to get people behind the club.
    A lot of their support comes from outside the City of Swansea, ie Port Talbot, Neath, Swansea Valley, Llanelli, Ammanford, Carmarthen etc they are no different to us on that concern.

With regards to us being despised in our "own city" I would say that its more of a South East Wales issue, where plastic Liverpool, Man Utd not to mention the once a season egg brigade have looked down on the club for what ever reason!

Never been bothered about what these types think about us "F**k em"

The crowd WAS dire though. As was the football.

AVERAGE WELSH SPORTING ATTENDANCES, 2012-13
    *Figures correct as of 25 January
    Cardiff City 22,041
    Swansea City 19,136
    Ospreys 9,590
    Cardiff Blues 8,108
    Scarlets 8,009
    NG Dragons 5,124

Enough said imho

Sauce http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/21066259

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    AVERAGE WELSH SPORTING ATTENDANCES, 2012-13
    *Figures correct as of 25 January
    Cardiff City 22,041
    Swansea City 19,136
    Ospreys 9,590
    Cardiff Blues 8,108
    Scarlets 8,009
    NG Dragons 5,124

Enough said imho

Sauce http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/21066259
    If the welsh football clubs went through the rebrands most of the rugby teams have, playing in one of the worst sporting leagues around - Our attendances would be down there.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If the welsh football clubs went through the rebrands most of the rugby teams have, playing in one of the worst sporting leagues around - Our attendances would be down there.
    Indeed, thank **** that's never happened to us

Indeed, thank **** that's never happened to us
    before you laugh it would be like newport and cardiff being merged.

Then moving them into the welsh premier.

You are aware we got rebranded, aren't you? What would you have done differently re the regions to ensure that Wales remained competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You are aware we got rebranded, aren't you? What would you have done differently re the regions to ensure that Wales remained competitive?
    Yes I am aware tah.

But that rebrand was nothing in comparison to what occurred in the regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They've got a cash cow in the national team but the pro 12 is turgid to say the least.

I am told even the people that made the decision to create the regions accept it was a poor decision. But they "had" to make it because so many clubs couldn't be funded.

Ponty would be far better than the dragons wouldn't they?.

I don't really even follow rugby that much if I am honest though.

I get that, but unless you were a Pontypridd supporter, surely Cardiff RFC supporters just carried on supporting the Blues?

On Boxing day, Cardiff Blues played the Dragons, surely as Welsh regional rugby goes, that's as big a game as there is right?

Attendance was 11,000

I've got no real problem with the Egg, I just find it ironic that rugby fans are slagging us off for having attendances they can only dream of.

I get that, but unless you were a Pontypridd supporter, surely Cardiff RFC supporters just carried on supporting the Blues?

On Boxing day, Cardiff Blues played the Dragons, surely as Welsh regional rugby goes, that's as big a game as there is right?

Attendance was 11,000

I've got no real problem with the Egg, I just find it ironic that rugby fans are slagging us off for having attendances they can only dream of.
    It is the league I think which killed most of the support.

The english premiership is played infront of packed houses every week because clubs have actual identities and it is well covered.

Not that I follow rugby in wales that much.

Sport in wales has been poorly managed for quite a while it seems. The Welsh FA have turned the tide though.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 09-01-17 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    He doesn't look that big in this picture?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...ed-qpr-1840836
    Rugby boys.

Proper men.

According to Eric Bristow.

It is the league I think which killed most of the support.

The english premiership is played infront of packed houses every week because clubs have actual identities and it is well covered
    Not according to Andy Howell/Powell/Mongo or whatever he's called.