+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 59 of 59

Thread: Egger takes a pop

  1. #31

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I've seen him at a couple of City games back at NP and his previous tweets were in support of us. I think maybe he was just trying to drum up support.

    Bit of a misguided way to do it. But no need to get upset .
    You are right he is a Bluebirds fan and goes to a game as often as he can. It sounds to me he was telling us to get of of our arses and support the boys.

  2. #32

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I thought the same
    Me too.

  3. #33

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    I know Andy and Dwarfoid he aint! I am sure he would be happy to discuss it with you face to face though.
    The comment that he is a Dwarfoid is both inaccurate and unfair.

    The comment that he is thick as a short plank would be accurate however, wouldn't it?

  4. #34

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    The comment that he is a Dwarfoid is both inaccurate and unfair.

    The comment that he is thick as a short plank would be accurate however, wouldn't it?
    No comment

  5. #35

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    You are right he is a Bluebirds fan and goes to a game as often as he can. It sounds to me he was telling us to get of of our arses and support the boys.
    Whilst pointing out, that the supporters of the nearest club to his beloved Bluebirds are more loyal. Not having a go at you, but he doesn't sound like a big fan to me.

  6. #36

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    You are right he is a Bluebirds fan and goes to a game as often as he can. It sounds to me he was telling us to get of of our arses and support the boys.
    There we go.
    Thanks.

    Although I wonder if he was there myself.
    Only met him briefly through a few rugby mates, but he seems a good laugh.

    And in some ways he's right, when both clubs were telly crap it always seemed to me that the people of Swansea got behind their team more than those of Cardiff.
    For most of the 80s and 90s our crowds were similar, despite City getting a good number of fans from the Valleys.
    Hard to admit, but as a percentage of population over the years they probably do back their team more.
    In fact in the past we've had thousands in our own city who've actively despised the football club, hence why some of us are so passionate about trying to get people behind the club.

  7. #37

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Andy who?

  8. #38

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    There we go.
    Thanks.

    Although I wonder if he was there myself.
    Only met him briefly through a few rugby mates, but he seems a good laugh.

    And in some ways he's right, when both clubs were telly crap it always seemed to me that the people of Swansea got behind their team more than those of Cardiff.
    For most of the 80s and 90s our crowds were similar, despite City getting a good number of fans from the Valleys.
    Hard to admit, but as a percentage of population over the years they probably do back their team more.
    In fact in the past we've had thousands in our own city who've actively despised the football club, hence why some of us are so passionate about trying to get people behind the club.
    A lot of their support comes from outside the City of Swansea, ie Port Talbot, Neath, Swansea Valley, Llanelli, Ammanford, Carmarthen etc they are no different to us on that concern.

    With regards to us being despised in our "own city" I would say that its more of a South East Wales issue, where plastic Liverpool, Man Utd not to mention the once a season egg brigade have looked down on the club for what ever reason!

    Never been bothered about what these types think about us "F**k em"

  9. #39

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    The crowd WAS dire though. As was the football.

  10. #40
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,572

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    AVERAGE WELSH SPORTING ATTENDANCES, 2012-13
    *Figures correct as of 25 January
    Cardiff City 22,041
    Swansea City 19,136
    Ospreys 9,590
    Cardiff Blues 8,108
    Scarlets 8,009
    NG Dragons 5,124

    Enough said imho

    Sauce http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/21066259

  11. #41

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    AVERAGE WELSH SPORTING ATTENDANCES, 2012-13
    *Figures correct as of 25 January
    Cardiff City 22,041
    Swansea City 19,136
    Ospreys 9,590
    Cardiff Blues 8,108
    Scarlets 8,009
    NG Dragons 5,124

    Enough said imho

    Sauce http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/21066259
    If the welsh football clubs went through the rebrands most of the rugby teams have, playing in one of the worst sporting leagues around - Our attendances would be down there.

  12. #42
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,572

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If the welsh football clubs went through the rebrands most of the rugby teams have, playing in one of the worst sporting leagues around - Our attendances would be down there.
    Indeed, thank **** that's never happened to us

  13. #43

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Indeed, thank **** that's never happened to us
    before you laugh it would be like newport and cardiff being merged.

    Then moving them into the welsh premier.

  14. #44

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    before you laugh it would be like newport and cardiff being merged.

    Then moving them into the welsh premier.
    You are aware we got rebranded, aren't you? What would you have done differently re the regions to ensure that Wales remained competitive?

  15. #45

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You are aware we got rebranded, aren't you? What would you have done differently re the regions to ensure that Wales remained competitive?
    Yes I am aware tah.

    But that rebrand was nothing in comparison to what occurred in the regions.

  16. #46

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You are aware we got rebranded, aren't you? What would you have done differently re the regions to ensure that Wales remained competitive?
    They've got a cash cow in the national team but the pro 12 is turgid to say the least.

    I am told even the people that made the decision to create the regions accept it was a poor decision. But they "had" to make it because so many clubs couldn't be funded.

    Ponty would be far better than the dragons wouldn't they?.

    I don't really even follow rugby that much if I am honest though.

  17. #47
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,572

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    before you laugh it would be like newport and cardiff being merged.

    Then moving them into the welsh premier.
    I get that, but unless you were a Pontypridd supporter, surely Cardiff RFC supporters just carried on supporting the Blues?

    On Boxing day, Cardiff Blues played the Dragons, surely as Welsh regional rugby goes, that's as big a game as there is right?

    Attendance was 11,000

    I've got no real problem with the Egg, I just find it ironic that rugby fans are slagging us off for having attendances they can only dream of.

  18. #48

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I get that, but unless you were a Pontypridd supporter, surely Cardiff RFC supporters just carried on supporting the Blues?

    On Boxing day, Cardiff Blues played the Dragons, surely as Welsh regional rugby goes, that's as big a game as there is right?

    Attendance was 11,000

    I've got no real problem with the Egg, I just find it ironic that rugby fans are slagging us off for having attendances they can only dream of.
    It is the league I think which killed most of the support.

    The english premiership is played infront of packed houses every week because clubs have actual identities and it is well covered.

    Not that I follow rugby in wales that much.

    Sport in wales has been poorly managed for quite a while it seems. The Welsh FA have turned the tide though.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 09-01-17 at 09:47.

  19. #49

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    He doesn't look that big in this picture?

    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...ed-qpr-1840836
    Rugby boys.

    Proper men.

    According to Eric Bristow.

  20. #50

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is the league I think which killed most of the support.

    The english premiership is played infront of packed houses every week because clubs have actual identities and it is well covered
    Not according to Andy Howell/Powell/Mongo or whatever he's called.

  21. #51

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by protex blue View Post
    Who the f**k is Andy Powell ?
    Exactly.

    Never heard of him.

  22. #52

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly.

    Never heard of him.
    He's best known for drink driving a golf buggy down the M4

  23. #53

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is the league I think which killed most of the support.

    The english premiership is played infront of packed houses every week because clubs have actual identities and it is well covered.

    Not that I follow rugby in wales that much.

    Sport in wales has been poorly managed for quite a while it seems. The Welsh FA have turned the tide though.
    No, they're not. 13.6k a match on average last season, which is pitiful and this includes the big games at Twickenham when Quins sell out. Most people in the UK don't give a monkeys about club rugby.

  24. #54

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I get that, but unless you were a Pontypridd supporter, surely Cardiff RFC supporters just carried on supporting the Blues?

    On Boxing day, Cardiff Blues played the Dragons, surely as Welsh regional rugby goes, that's as big a game as there is right?

    Attendance was 11,000

    I've got no real problem with the Egg, I just find it ironic that rugby fans are slagging us off for having attendances they can only dream of.
    Slagging us off for having to restrict capacity on OUR stadium because they were scared there'd be too many empty seats.

  25. #55

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is the league I think which killed most of the support.

    The english premiership is played infront of packed houses every week because clubs have actual identities and it is well covered.

    Not that I follow rugby in wales that much.

    Sport in wales has been poorly managed for quite a while it seems. The Welsh FA have turned the tide though.
    Utter Bollox.

  26. #56

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    lets be honest, Rugby clubs always used to be fairly full due to the comps they gave away to local clubs

  27. #57

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    2 pages is an awful lot for someone apparently nicknamed "brain-dead" by his teammates.

  28. #58
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,198

    Re: Egger takes a pop


  29. #59

    Re: Egger takes a pop

    Quote Originally Posted by steve davies View Post
    he does know only 200 loyal jacks went to hull yesterday. The fa cup has lost its magic with most premier league sides fielding reserve teams these days
    Think he drove them up in his golf buggy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •