+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supporters Were Cheated.

Supporters Were Cheated.

Where to start with that shambles today?

Warnock must have instructed the players to 'take the day off' as it was obvious to anyone that witnessed that shower of shit, that Warnock had no intention of winning the game. Our midfield four didn't make a concerted effort to support the front two, not once, Lambert held the ball up well on a few occasions and had no outlet, seems to me like players were instructed not to be to adventurous. I can't understand this blatant nonchalance towards the FA cup, the club must think that preserving mediocrity is what the fans want, Cup runs just get in the way of the important stuff.

A word on a couple of players out there, Apart from Bamba, who had a decent game, there wasn't one player to come away with any credit. Today was a chance for Emyr Huws to show Warnock his character and ability, sadly, the boy didn't seem to possess either trait. Kadeem Harris-just pay up his contract-the lad isn't going to improve, he's one of the least intelligent footballers I've ever seen play for us, and makes the same mistakes every time he plays. That new bloke had the grace and finesse of a wobbly lamppost.
    Last edited by Tuerto; 08-01-17 at 17:13.

Re: Supporters Were Cheated.

Spot on. Thousands of home fans were scammed today.

Also, Warnock's performance. He was pretending to get angry and frustrated when watching that shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Spot on. Thousands of home fans were scammed today.

Also, Warnock's performance. He was pretending to get angry and frustrated when watching that shite.

Exactly, just got back , i want my bridge toll, petrol and ticket money refunded plus £20000 as way of compensation for watching that load of tripe. also i want Lamberts contract cancelled as he blatantly is NOT a football player.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Exactly, just got back , i want my bridge toll, petrol and ticket money refunded plus £20000 as way of compensation for watching that load of tripe. also i want Lamberts contract cancelled as he blatantly is NOT a football player.
    Lambert is a very decent football player, sorry was, he obviously has no intention of letting us see his talents though.
    He was horrendous today as were most of his teammates.
    if they weren't going to bother, they could have let us know and those of us who did turn up wouldn't have bothered either.

International

I think Colin made perfectly clear some days ago that this came had no importance to him. He said he would be giving some of the fringe players the chance to show him if they were worth the candle, and I think his question was answered.

no one going to that game should have expected much better. I honestly think if city had won, or worse still equalised in the last minute, then Colin would have been furious behind closed doors.

we don't need the strses of the cup, we need to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think Colin made perfectly clear some days ago that this came had no importance to him. He said he would be giving some of the fringe players the chance to show him if they were worth the candle, and I think his question was answered.

no one going to that game should have expected much better. I honestly think if city had won, or worse still equalised in the last minute, then Colin would have been furious behind closed doors.

What was the excuse in our previous two home games in the FA Cup which we lost with dreadful, couldn't care less performances when we weren't in relegation trouble? Idiot that I am, I was there for all three matches, but I must say that those of us who attended showed a commitment to the club that none of the sides supposedly representing City came remotely close to matching.

Agree. I wouldn't have gone to this game today even if I could have. A total insult to the fans playing at 11.30 on a Sunday morning. Glad we're out of it - we need to concentrate on Championship survival!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What was the excuse in our previous two home games in the FA Cup which we lost with dreadful, couldn't care less performances when we weren't in relegation trouble? Idiot that I am, I was there for all three matches, but I must say that those of us who attended showed a commitment to the club that none of the sides supposedly representing City came remotely close to matching.
    Understand your comment about the previous 2 FA cup defeats but you cannot lay those at Colin's door. He was quite clear before the off what this game meant to him - - Zero!!!

Understand your comment about the previous 2 FA cup defeats but you cannot lay those at Colin's door. He was quite clear before the off what this game meant to him - - Zero!!!
    Then Warnock is out of order. He's a professional, and the players are supposed to be athletes, a few extra games in the cup-at best-would not put us at a disadvantage in staying in the championship, if we had won today, with a positive performance, that would have instilled some confidence and belief, and the worry of a couple of extra games with the real incentive of making a couple of quid would have gone out of the window. We are out of the FA cup, not a biggy, what is an issue (for me) is that we lost, and more worrying, performed appallingly. Those players should have been working there bollocks off today, prove Warnock wrong, they didn't care, and in my opinion that came from Warnock. That performance and result has done nothing to enhance our survival in the Championship.

Whatever Warnock felt about today's game,some of the players that were given a chance today showed little or no passion,effort or commitment to stake a claim for a place in the first 11. It doesn't matter how much they are paid,they should give a 100% every time they put the shirt on.

My 2 girls were relly keen to go, youngest even wanted to miss playing rugby to go ( they had some Bath player coaching today )

when Colin said " dont expect much from the game " I made me think, its going to be poor

so i managed to persuade the youngest that Rugby and Star wars rouge one would be more fun and oldest we could go and look at Ski gear ( she is going Skiing ) and Star Wars rouge one, they went for it

it was a first ever for me, i have always gone to games i can get to, but the thought of Fuel, bridge toll and watching a game that the manager has warned us it will be crap made the decision fairly easy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Then Warnock is out of order. He's a professional, and the players are supposed to be athletes, a few extra games in the cup-at best-would not put us at a disadvantage in staying in the championship, if we had won today, with a positive performance, that would have instilled some confidence and belief, and the worry of a couple of extra games with the real incentive of making a couple of quid would have gone out of the window. We are out of the FA cup, not a biggy, what is an issue (for me) is that we lost, and more worrying, performed appallingly. Those players should have been working there bollocks off today, prove Warnock wrong, they didn't care, and in my opinion that came from Warnock. That performance and result has done nothing to enhance our survival in the Championship.
    When exactly is Warnock suppose to give these highly paid individuals game time.I dont blame him at all he has just showed us what a shallow squad we have talent wise.Why do you think he rushed in four signings as soon as he got here.To have a go at him is below the belt. If we lost a couple key players today everyone would say why did he risk them. You just cannot win.

I took Warnock's comments on board the other day and decided to not waste any of my money.

I'm not sure the manager should be dismissing the cup in such a way but if he is then I certainly couldn't see the players getting up for it. I'm sure many of them wouldn't have got up for Margot Robbie let alone an early Sunday kick off against Fulham.

It's a sad state of affairs when we need to concentrate on being utterly useless in the league instead of dreaming of another great cup run. I'm just glad we felt differently back in 2008 and 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Warnock said last week - I will be making changes next week to give some of the non playing squad members a run out and take a look at them, and "I may as well warn the fans about this in advance'

I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for - a cheap ticket and watch some players we havent seen much of.

The problem being - they looked like they had just met each other !!!!
    I didn't go today either, mainly for the reasons above, and the ridiculous KO time.

I went to the Panto in the New Theatre instead of going to the game today.
    By the sound of it I chose wisely. I think what I saw was definitely more entertaining and from looking at some of the girls costumes, there was definitely much more on offer up front.

Derby County are a club fighting for promotion yet field their strongest side out in the FA Cup. Their win lifted both fans and players which they can take confidence into their following games and weren't resting players to prioritise their push by sacrificing the cup. Surely a win today would've given City fans and players a lift. What's a couple more games harm going to do? Bollocks to the injuries argument. It could happen at any point and we should have depth to deal with it. Attitudes by clubs and owners towards this traditional tournament The FA Cup is toxic, and its dying a quick yet painful death for fans all round.

Halfway up the 7th fairway this morning, my Apple Watch flashed up that Fulham had scored a second. The disappointment caused me to pull my 7iron approach shot and I will be writing to the club first thing in the morning to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Halfway up the 7th fairway this morning, my Apple Watch flashed up that Fulham had scored a second. The disappointment caused me to pull my 7iron approach shot and I will be writing to the club first thing in the morning to complain.
    Dear 7 iron.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Dear 7 iron.... ?
    Ha ha.

I guess I'm just trying to make the point that many of us are getting so upset about a game that most of us couldn't be arsed to go to.

It was a crap time for a game, we had a weakened team out, the manager had clearly said this was an opportunity for players to show him what they could do (not much as it happens) and earn a place, most of us are more concerned with staying up, so I for one couldn't give a toss that we lost, in fact I'm pretty glad we did.
    I also expect some of the players who started today to be playing elsewhere fairly soon.

Weren't they giving ST holders free tickets for it?

Im sorry for anyone who wasted their Sunday morning and feels cheated, but "caveat emptor" as they say
    Last edited by TH63; 08-01-17 at 22:44.

... "caveat emptor" as they say
    Spookily this was the phrase that also came to my mind.

I preferred to watch the game on TV - and here's a point not mentioned yet - what sort of impression will the millions () of viewers have of CCFC, the city of Cardiff and indeed the people of Wales from that abysmal performance in front of a handful of fans?

Not exactly a great advertisement....

Ha ha.

I guess I'm just trying to make the point that many of us are getting so upset about a game that most of us couldn't be arsed to go to.

It was a crap time for a game, we had a weakened team out, the manager had clearly said this was an opportunity for players to show him what they could do (not much as it happens) and earn a place, most of us are more concerned with staying up, so I for one couldn't give a toss that we lost, in fact I'm pretty glad we did.
    I also expect some of the players who started today to be playing elsewhere fairly soon.

Weren't they giving ST holders free tickets for it?

Im sorry for anyone who wasted their Sunday morning and feels cheated, but "caveat emptor" as they say
    I'm confused, what's the connection between staying up, and having a go at winning an FA cup tie? This didn't seem to be an issue not so long ago. The way I see it, is that football clubs and their playing staff seem to have a certain arrogance towards the cup, there's this perennial bullshit peddled -without foundation-that the cup is a distraction, and could lead to a level of meltdown that contributes towards the players poor form-bless! It's nonsense, and a get out for lazy players and managers who maybe, just maybe, don't have enough belief in themselves. The sad thing is that football supporters are buying it. Players, managers and fans didn't seem to have these concerns 10 or 15 years ago, something must have happened in that time, some study, statistical data based on poor form, relegation etc-due to doing well in the FA cup. I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm confused, what's the connection between staying up, and having a go at winning an FA cup tie? This didn't seem to be an issue not so long ago. The way I see it, is that football clubs and their playing staff seem to have a certain arrogance towards the cup, there's this perennial bullshit peddled -without foundation-that the cup is a distraction, and could lead to a level of meltdown that contributes towards the players poor form-bless! It's nonsense, and a get out for lazy players and managers who maybe, just maybe, don't have enough belief in themselves. The sad thing is that football supporters are buying it. Players, managers and fans didn't seem to have these concerns 10 or 15 years ago, something must have happened in that time, some study, statistical data based on poor form, relegation etc-due to doing well in the FA cup. I must have missed it.
    My feelings exactly, when did the Cup become an excuse for a club to perform as pathetically as we have done in our last three matches, all played at home, in the competition? Yesterday was the only match we are playing in a twelve day spell - we hadn't played in six days and it was six days until we next play and yet the attitude the players, and manager, showed stank. I resent being made out to be some kind of idiot for actually going along to support my team - for me, so many of the gains from the Villa game have been lost, primarily because of the attitude of people at the club, but supporters who used any excuse not to turn up after they had spoken about how much they enjoyed last Monday's match didn't help either.

Banned

Some of our historic and best days at football have come at cup matches.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My feelings exactly, when did the Cup become an excuse for a club to perform as pathetically as we have done in our last three matches, all played at home, in the competition? Yesterday was the only match we are playing in a twelve day spell - we hadn't played in six days and it was six days until we next play and yet the attitude the players, and manager, showed stank. I resent being made out to be some kind of idiot for actually going along to support my team - for me, so many of the gains from the Villa game have been lost, primarily because of the attitude of people at the club, but supporters who used any excuse not to turn up after they had spoken about how much they enjoyed last Monday's match didn't help either.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting you were an idiot for going to support the team, but I think the subject title "Cheated" is a bit strong. Sure, if we had been told it was to be a full strength side, with a full price ticket on a Saturday afternoon, then yeah, one could be excused for feeling cheated.

But, let's be honest, everyone in that ground knew this was going to be little more than a run-out for fringe players who don't normally get a game. If this game taught us anything then it is that there is a reason why they are fringe players.

City will forever be linked with the FA cup, and back when I was a kid, it was pretty much the only time we got to see live football on TV, so part of me does feel, and has felt for some time, that the disrespect shown to it by fielding below strenght teams is disappointing. I hope we give it a good go next season when our league status is assured, but right now, I think it's a distraction (and potential for injuries) we could do without.