Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
Ha ha.

I guess I'm just trying to make the point that many of us are getting so upset about a game that most of us couldn't be arsed to go to.

It was a crap time for a game, we had a weakened team out, the manager had clearly said this was an opportunity for players to show him what they could do (not much as it happens) and earn a place, most of us are more concerned with staying up, so I for one couldn't give a toss that we lost, in fact I'm pretty glad we did.
I also expect some of the players who started today to be playing elsewhere fairly soon.

Weren't they giving ST holders free tickets for it?

Im sorry for anyone who wasted their Sunday morning and feels cheated, but "caveat emptor" as they say
I'm confused, what's the connection between staying up, and having a go at winning an FA cup tie? This didn't seem to be an issue not so long ago. The way I see it, is that football clubs and their playing staff seem to have a certain arrogance towards the cup, there's this perennial bullshit peddled -without foundation-that the cup is a distraction, and could lead to a level of meltdown that contributes towards the players poor form-bless! It's nonsense, and a get out for lazy players and managers who maybe, just maybe, don't have enough belief in themselves. The sad thing is that football supporters are buying it. Players, managers and fans didn't seem to have these concerns 10 or 15 years ago, something must have happened in that time, some study, statistical data based on poor form, relegation etc-due to doing well in the FA cup. I must have missed it.