+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supporters Were Cheated.

Re: Supporters Were Cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My feelings exactly, when did the Cup become an excuse for a club to perform as pathetically as we have done in our last three matches, all played at home, in the competition? Yesterday was the only match we are playing in a twelve day spell - we hadn't played in six days and it was six days until we next play and yet the attitude the players, and manager, showed stank. I resent being made out to be some kind of idiot for actually going along to support my team - for me, so many of the gains from the Villa game have been lost, primarily because of the attitude of people at the club, but supporters who used any excuse not to turn up after they had spoken about how much they enjoyed last Monday's match didn't help either.
    Cup games are now seen as a inconvenience it started when prem league teams ( was it Man utd first, sorry Nugent will know ) knew the champions league would bring in more money, they then fielded weakened teams

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting you were an idiot for going to support the team, but I think the subject title "Cheated" is a bit strong. Sure, if we had been told it was to be a full strength side, with a full price ticket on a Saturday afternoon, then yeah, one could be excused for feeling cheated.

But, let's be honest, everyone in that ground knew this was going to be little more than a run-out for fringe players who don't normally get a game. If this game taught us anything then it is that there is a reason why they are fringe players.

City will forever be linked with the FA cup, and back when I was a kid, it was pretty much the only time we got to see live football on TV, so part of me does feel, and has felt for some time, that the disrespect shown to it by fielding below strenght teams is disappointing. I hope we give it a good go next season when our league status is assured, but right now, I think it's a distraction (and potential for injuries) we could do without.
    You had to see the lack of effort to believe it.

A weakened side, fine, a weakened side that couldn't be arsed , now that has different connotations.....

Dear 7 Iron... very witty...

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Cup games are now seen as a inconvenience it started when prem league teams ( was it Man utd first, sorry Nugent will know ) knew the champions league would bring in more money, they then fielded weakened teams
    Pretty sure Alex Ferguson was the first to dis the cup, they even used to fine teams for sending out weakened line ups.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Some of our historic and best days at football have come at cup matches.
    Winning it last season being a particular highlight.

The best bits of the game were halfords attempts at long passes.

So bad people found it funny. People were smiling when we were walking out due to it being more comical than competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Whatever Warnock felt about today's game,some of the players that were given a chance today showed little or no passion,effort or commitment to stake a claim for a place in the first 11. It doesn't matter how much they are paid,they should give a 100% every time they put the shirt on.
    I am surprised by this kind of comment (from many on this MB).
    On paper, this was a very strong side, the goalkeeper and back 4 were the players we would normally pick in the first 11.
    Midfield was missing Whittingham and up front Zohore was rested, although many would still select Lambert over him.
    These were not "fringe" players as many have stated.
    We have bigger issues than Warnock believes and this may well go into the next game against Brizzle.
    Considering Fulham are 10th, our position of 19th is either very accurate, or even optimistic

Woeful performance that should help Warnock in deciding who to show the door.Cheated not reallY,it was fairly predictable and I made the decision to go so only myself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I am surprised by this kind of comment (from many on this MB).
    On paper, this was a very strong side, the goalkeeper and back 4 were the players we would normally pick in the first 11.
    Midfield was missing Whittingham and up front Zohore was rested, although many would still select Lambert over him.
    These were not "fringe" players as many have stated.
    We have bigger issues than Warnock believes and this may well go into the next game against Brizzle.
    Considering Fulham are 10th, our position of 19th is either very accurate, or even optimistic
    Fair point re most of them, but Huws and Halford would surely counts as "fringe", Christ we even brought on a 50 year old property developer from Cwmbran in the second half