Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
My feelings exactly, when did the Cup become an excuse for a club to perform as pathetically as we have done in our last three matches, all played at home, in the competition? Yesterday was the only match we are playing in a twelve day spell - we hadn't played in six days and it was six days until we next play and yet the attitude the players, and manager, showed stank. I resent being made out to be some kind of idiot for actually going along to support my team - for me, so many of the gains from the Villa game have been lost, primarily because of the attitude of people at the club, but supporters who used any excuse not to turn up after they had spoken about how much they enjoyed last Monday's match didn't help either.
I don't think anyone is suggesting you were an idiot for going to support the team, but I think the subject title "Cheated" is a bit strong. Sure, if we had been told it was to be a full strength side, with a full price ticket on a Saturday afternoon, then yeah, one could be excused for feeling cheated.

But, let's be honest, everyone in that ground knew this was going to be little more than a run-out for fringe players who don't normally get a game. If this game taught us anything then it is that there is a reason why they are fringe players.

City will forever be linked with the FA cup, and back when I was a kid, it was pretty much the only time we got to see live football on TV, so part of me does feel, and has felt for some time, that the disrespect shown to it by fielding below strenght teams is disappointing. I hope we give it a good go next season when our league status is assured, but right now, I think it's a distraction (and potential for injuries) we could do without.