+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea football hooligan cabbie attacked

Swansea football hooligan cabbie attacked

Re: Swansea football hooligan cabbie attacked

TWO taxi passengers who gave a cab driver Andrew Tooze "an overdose of his own medicine" after he attacked them with a baseball bat — leaving him in intensive care for four days with a collapsed lung, broken ribs, and a fractured cheek — have avoided jail in what the judge called an exceptional case.

Phillip Mallon and Marc O'Mahoney were getting a cab home from Swansea city centre when one of them felt sick, and the car pulled over in Birchgrove.

wansea Crown Court heard that a "dispute" then broke out between the passengers and the driver, Andrew Tooze, during which the cabbie got a baseball bat from the boot of his car.

The cabbie hit the two men but they disarmed him and turned the tables, delivering a severe beating which left the driver with concussive head injuries, a partially collapsed lung, three broken ribs, fractures to the cheek and eye socket, and soft tissue damage around the spine.

Their victim was hospitalised for seven days, four of which were spent in intensive care.

Mallon, aged 30, of Middleton Street, Briton Ferry, and 31-year-old O'Mahoney, of Dynevor Road, Skewen, had both previously pleaded guilty on a basis to inflicting grievous bodily harm when they appeared in the dock for sentencing.
    Tom Scapens, for the prosecution, said the two men had been on a night out in Swansea on March 20 last year when they caught a cab home from the taxi rank near Wind Street.

During the journey O'Mahoney began to feel sick, and the cab stopped in Birchgrove — O'Mahoney got out and threw up.

The court heard "some form of disagreement broke out between the driver and the passengers" which saw Mr Tooze get a baseball bat from the boot of his car, and which he subsequently used against Mallon and O'Mahoney.

However, the pair disarmed the cabbie and then assaulted him — in what the prosecutor described as a "sustained and vicious attack" — before fleeing the scene.

Mr Scapens said police investigating the incident initially had little to go on but then received an anonymous call naming the two assailants.

Barrister Dean Pulling, for Mallon, said the late night assault had been instigated by Mr Tooze. He said the two passengers had had the "misfortune" to get into Mr Tooze's cab, a "self-styled football hooligan who revels in glorifying his own and other people's violence".

The barrister added that his client had no previous convictions of any kind, and had reacted "entirely our of character" when attacked by the cab driver.

Carina Hughes, for O'Mahoney, said her client was a doting father and community-minded man "who had not gone looking for trouble" on the night in question.

Judge Paul Thomas said the Birchgrove confrontation was an "exceptional" case, and had unique features the likes of which he had not seen in his 30 years in the legal profession in Swansea.

He said taxi drivers who were serving the public were entitled to the protection of the courts but he said Mr Tooze had a weapon in his car — "the presence of the bat was not an accident" — and was a man with convictions for violence who "revels in violence, and his role as a football hooligan".

The judge said he had read Mr Tooze's book on his days as a football hooligan, and that, to use the common phrase, the driver had "received an over-dose of his own medicine".

Each defendant was sentenced to two years in prison suspended for two years, and ordered to complete 250 hours of unpaid work. In addition, Mallon must complete a rehabilitation course.

Toozey came in our pub mob handed looking for it, only he got a bit more than he bargained for as him and his mates were forced to run for their lives. " I thought I was going to die" he said at the time, silly fat tw*t.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Toozey came in our pub mob handed looking for it, only he got a bit more than he bargained for as him and his mates were forced to run for their lives. " I thought I was going to die" he said at the time, silly fat tw*t.
    They thought they could bring it on our manor but we showed them right up. We must have been toe to toe with them for what seemed a good 6 seconds. Jakey was holding the line screaming, 'Stand your ground City, lets get into the Jack C*nts!' and no bullshit, we must of had 40 or 50 'faces' out that day. One jack on the floor had claret fountaining out of his eye socket, much to Spike's amusement. He carved a (not unsubstantial) size 'CCFC' on his chest which in reality looked more like LCFC after someone knocked his arm on the first C. We seriously took it to them that day, no matter what the bullshitting jacks will tell you. I was there that day in the 'Battle of The Maltings' and you knows me, I says it how it is.

I don't know who's worse, him or the eYeScRemé crew

:doh:

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    I don't know who's worse, him or the eYeScRemé crew

:doh:
    eYeScRemé crew?? Who are these little upstarts They wanna know

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    They thought they could bring it on our manor but we showed them right up. We must have been toe to toe with them for what seemed a good 6 seconds. Jakey was holding the line screaming, 'Stand your ground City, lets get into the Jack C*nts!' and no bullshit, we must of had 40 or 50 'faces' out that day. One jack on the floor had claret fountaining out of his eye socket, much to Spike's amusement. He carved a (not unsubstantial) size 'CCFC' on his chest which in reality looked more like LCFC after someone knocked his arm on the first C. We seriously took it to them that day, no matter what the bullshitting jacks will tell you. I was there that day in the 'Battle of The Maltings' and you knows me, I says it how it is.
    You appear to be a natural wordsmith. Ever thought of writing a book?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You appear to be a natural wordsmith. Ever thought of writing a book?
    Better than **** Blyton

Tank Tooze. Taxi driver. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    Tank Tooze. Taxi driver. Really?
    'Wind Street to The Mumbles? Certainly Sir, that will be £348 and £6.70 for the bridge toll.'

Seems odd that the taxi driver didn't get done too. Carrying a baseball bat in his taxi and attacking his own punters.

'Wind Street to The Mumbles? Certainly Sir, that will be £348 and £6.70 for the bridge toll.'
    May I take this opportunity to re-post this from Johnny the brains, Tank, the bloke who wears "perarda" and the rest of the lads
    https://youtu.be/RKoXGvX0Mj8

"£110 Prick!"

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Which?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Seems odd that the taxi driver didn't get done too. Carrying a baseball bat in his taxi and attacking his own punters.
    Yes, he seems to have a guardian angel or angels watching over him. I wonder if he provides useful titbits of information from time to time to certain public servants?

He behaved like a middle-aged delinquent seven months earlier and somehow managed to retain his licence to drive taxis. If it had been removed he wouldn't have conveyed those passengers.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co...ail/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes, he seems to have a guardian angel or angels watching over him. I wonder if he provides useful titbits of information from time to time to certain public servants?

He behaved like a middle-aged delinquent seven months earlier and somehow managed to retain his licence to drive taxis. If it had been removed he wouldn't have conveyed those passengers.

49 years old and sounds like one of them, just can't help himself, attracts trouble.....most football hooligans grew up by 30

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

I think you might be mixing him up with one of our finest......

Most of these make out he's some sort of Superhero
    http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...erry-boys/#103

There's a poster going by the name of "Loyal" what an utter clueless bellend here's some of his quotes
    " Plymouth away that was.
    They needed their central element replacing that day "

" People can say what they like, we had the very best 'firm' back then. Formidable ".

" Andrew is a good guy, no doubt.
    I'm not sure about him writing that book Mind �� Wallis and that Chelsea bloke who released it had a big hand in it. He was at Millwall away and was astonished at our turn out. As were an elusive Millwall. "

https://youtu.be/FQHbID5Kv7w

What a numb nut

He originally told the police that he was jumped by 5 gypsies Not like him to make things up or exaggerate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I think you might be mixing him up with one of our finest......
    Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, grin, grin, snap, snap, say no more squire.