+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moksh

Moksh

Worth it?

Re: Moksh

Depends what you're after really.

The food is quite good, with a little bit of extra interest from the cheffy stuff they do.
    My wife loves it, but it would be some of my mates worst ever curry.

I enjoyed it the couple of times I've been, and it's not much difference in price to any decent curry house.

I probably prefer purple poppadom or mint and mustard if I'm looking for a posh curry

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Worth it?
    Doing well at Leeds to be fair.

We went to Moghlis after seeing that it is one of the highest ranked restaurants on tripadvisor.

One of the most average curries I've had. But it is cheap ish and the atmopshere was good.

The purple poppadom is the best but is a bit too formal for my liking!.

No idea of moksh.

Edit - Jesus. You could buy a half season ticket for the cost the tasting menu
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 09-01-17 at 14:23.

Just had a look at the tasting menu - this beauty from the "Amuse Bouche" section:

Space Station | Astronaut’s freeze dried marshmallows with cardamom soil in edible film

nom nom

I can remember having some sort of flavoured candy floss, and the main served with an aromatic smoke under a glass jar. The quality was pretty good, and you're either in to all that added theatre or not.
    It would be some people's idea of hell.
    If you're just looking for a standard curry night with the lads then steer well clear

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can remember having some sort of flavoured candy floss, and the main served with an aromatic smoke under a glass jar. The quality was pretty good, and you're either in to all that added theatre or not.
    It would be some people's idea of hell.
    If you're just looking for a standard curry night with the lads then steer well clear
    I've twice been there for the tasting menu and it was really inventive and delicious, even with foods I thought I wouldn't like. There is more than enough food for a really hungry person and if you like Indian food I would thoroughly recommend it. However, it is not the place or sort of food you'd go to soak up a good night on the booze. There are cheaper and more appropriate places for that sort of curry.

I've got to say that the starters at Mint and Mustard in Penarth are also brilliant and if you want a good quality curry then either would be good choices. Not been to the Purple Poppadom so can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I've twice been there for the tasting menu and it was really inventive and delicious, even with foods I thought I wouldn't like. There is more than enough food for a really hungry person and if you like Indian food I would thoroughly recommend it. However, it is not the place or sort of food you'd go to soak up a good night on the booze. There are cheaper and more appropriate places for that sort of curry.

I've got to say that the starters at Mint and Mustard in Penarth are also brilliant and if you want a good quality curry then either would be good choices. Not been to the Purple Poppadom so can't comment.
    Purple poppadom was started up by the original head chef from mint and mustard Anand George, so the quisine is very similar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Purple poppadom was started up by the original head chef from mint and mustard Anand George, so the quisine is very similar
    :xhehe:

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    :xhehe:
    Wheres autocorrect when you ****ing need it eh?