+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Immers....

Immers....

Re: Immers....

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    clubsajokeetc

He'll soon stop that, once they give him a long term contract.

Tidy darts!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He'll soon stop that, once they give him a long term contract.
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    ^This

Or maybe not.

There are signs now are he wanted/needed away from UK for family reasons.
    Not saying that his drop in performance was acceptable, but before that was the case, he was v. good.

He may settle where he is now.
    If he does the dip again - that his career shot.
    Anyway he's gone. We have our own 'missing in action' players to worry about .

Quite agree with the main sentiment here. Much as I was an early fan it appears he played for his contract which undoubtedly resulted in a generous payoff. Now he will do the same in Bruges which should be easier in a much weaker league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Quite agree with the main sentiment here. Much as I was an early fan it appears he played for his contract which undoubtedly resulted in a generous payoff. Now he will do the same in Bruges which should be easier in a much weaker league.
    I doubt he got a generous payout, the negotiation was quite quick, we didnt look for a sale with clubs interested. I would imagine we just cancelled the contract and let another club pick up the higher wages with no fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    I bet the payoff was fairly minimal, probably to cover the gap in wages Bruges could pay and we were paying him. I doubt the Belgian league is much weaker than the Championship also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I bet the payoff was fairly minimal, probably to cover the gap in wages Bruges could pay and we were paying him. I doubt the Belgian league is much weaker than the Championship also.
    I dunno mate, Idriss Saadi is tearing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I dunno mate, Idriss Saadi is tearing it up
    His form has massively dropped off, he's only scored 3 in his last 12 games. 10 in 20 overall. We'd get spanked by Anderlech, and Club Brugge.

the names immers lex immers lolz

rofl

This is an interesting Paul Abbandonato article which claims (from club sources) that Immers signed for Cardiff on a free last summer but was on a wage (not from club sources) of about £15k per week.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/c...mmers-12432373

Loss of form and not fitting with Warnock's team plans, possibly combined with personal/family wishes to move closer to his Dutch base made a 'mutual agreement' deal one that suited all parties.

It sounds more plausible to me than a £2m transfer fee down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This is an interesting Paul Abbandonato article which claims (from club sources) that Immers signed for Cardiff on a free last summer but was on a wage (not from club sources) of about £15k per week.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/c...mmers-12432373

Loss of form and not fitting with Warnock's team plans, possibly combined with personal/family wishes to move closer to his Dutch base made a 'mutual agreement' deal one that suited all parties.

It sounds more plausible to me than a £2m transfer fee down the toilet.

I think Neil Warnock said in last week's press conference that he was not me of the higher earners, which ties in with what you say. Which begs the question, who the hell is arranging these contracts? The guy was playing in The Netherlands before he came to us so probably would not have been on that much money, and got a big pay rise to come to us. And once signed he was promptly AWOL.

I'm prepared to bet, at least 50p, that Immers is the only professional footballer who has ever signed a contract and then immediately set about improving his darts game. He's one cheeky clog-wearing fecker! He probably squeezed a year's pay out of those dullards Choo and Dalman for him to bugger off. And no doubt it will be down to that pair that the club will go into Saturday's game with a worse squad than when the transfer window opened 14 days earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think Neil Warnock said in last week's press conference that he was not me of the higher earners, which ties in with what you say. Which begs the question, who the hell is arranging these contracts? The guy was playing in The Netherlands before he came to us so probably would not have been on that much money, and got a big pay rise to come to us. And once signed he was promptly AWOL.
    Warnock said he was a high earner. It was a 2 year deal and everyone thought he'd be a key player, sensible contract.

Immers signed on a free transfer not £2 million quid