+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A corbyn government would impose a limit to what you can earn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A corbyn government would impose a limit to what you can earn

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The generalisations annoy me.

Some will never be happy as long as there are winners in society.

People hate far more than the 1%.
    You are the one making most of the generalisations and assumptions. Income inequality is racing and all methods to fix it so far have failed. The average renumeration of a ftse100 CEO rises near 10% a year, why? Is that good for society or the economy? Corbyns idea won't fix it but from my point of view this isn't about hating rich people, it is about what is good for the country and 100 people taking all the wealth (sewn up tightly in Panama) is not it.

We went though a period of talking A LOT about Europeans taking money out of the economy...That same scrutiny doesn't appear to be applied to the wealthiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You are the one making most of the generalisations and assumptions. Income inequality is racing and all methods to fix it so far have failed. The average renumeration of a ftse100 CEO rises near 10% a year, why? Is that good for society or the economy? Corbyns idea won't fix it but from my point of view this isn't about hating rich people, it is about what is good for the country and 100 people taking all the wealth (sewn up tightly in Panama) is not it.

We went though a period of talking A LOT about Europeans taking money out of the economy...That same scrutiny doesn't appear to be applied to the wealthiest.
    Not really, peoples contribution to society is case by case.

You are talking about CEO's as if I defend them. When have I said I wish the 1% were taxed less?.

I am defending small/medium size businesses and other people who are deemed "rich", when really they are not.

How can you comment when you have 0 idea how much these people pay in tax?.

The 1% is 1%, an extreme minority. Peoples complaints about who pays what goes far beyond the 1%.

"Oh you drive a range rover, afraid you don't contribute enough to society...."

Strange I do this "in every thread", as I am simply responding to a question you asked. What do I do anyway?.

And I haven't linked you to anything at all have I? You assumed I am totally against taxing the rich, as you brought up the 1%, CEO's etc. Then I explained my position, that is all.

https://www.ft.com/content/394b82da-...b-e7eb37a6aa8e
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 10-01-17 at 20:39.

While the idea of limiting how much people can earn is incredibly unlikely to ever come into real life - even the likes of Myleene Klass and Sol Campbell were given a voice to attack Ed Milliband's economic principles - there may be some merit to the idea.

Our public services are underfunded, this government has made it worse and has tried to push some of the most vulnerable onto charitable services instead. At the same time there are many people who earn more money than they know what to do with and some who use this to have undue influence in the political landscape and/or evade paying their due tax. The problem gets worse.

I watched a repeat of "Louis Theroux Goes Gambling" recently where one well off lady said she lost 4 million dollars in 7 years. This is absolutely her choice but the idea that she can somewhat happily lose that amount when there will be people within a 15 minute walk of her house struggling for food is tragic.

The problem of such wide income disparity and the impact this has on society is not easy to resolve but it should be taken seriously. At least more seriously than those defending the chance to inherit non-dom status.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While the idea of limiting how much people can earn is incredibly unlikely to ever come into real life - even the likes of Myleene Klass and Sol Campbell were given a voice to attack Ed Milliband's economic principles - there may be some merit to the idea.

Our public services are underfunded, this government has made it worse and has tried to push some of the most vulnerable onto charitable services instead. At the same time there are many people who earn more money than they know what to do with and some who use this to have undue influence in the political landscape and/or evade paying their due tax. The problem gets worse.

I watched a repeat of "Louis Theroux Goes Gambling" recently where one well off lady said she lost 4 million dollars in 7 years. This is absolutely her choice but the idea that she can somewhat happily lose that amount when there will be people within a 15 minute walk of her house struggling for food is tragic.

The problem of such wide income disparity and the impact this has on society is not easy to resolve but it should be taken seriously. At least more seriously than those defending the chance to inherit non-dom status.
    Great post Surge. Well said.

Strange I do this "in every thread", as I am simply responding to a question you asked. What do I do anyway?.

And I haven't linked you to anything at all have I? You assumed I am totally against taxing the rich, as you brought up the 1%, CEO's etc. Then I explained my position, that is all.

https://www.ft.com/content/394b82da-...b-e7eb37a6aa8e
    You are paranoid, the bit on bold doesn't imply you are in favour or against it at all. It wasn't directed at you, more a general question.

Unlike...

I am defending small/medium size businesses and other people who are deemed "rich", when really they are not.

How can you comment when you have 0 idea how much these people pay in tax?.
    On small/medium businesses owners? I never did comment on them.

You assumed TOBW was a rich hater simply because he said the rich don't pay the tax they are supposed to. My immediate guess is that he is referring to people whose money does more air miles than Justin Bieber and suspiciously ends up somewhere sunny with a 1% tax rate (sometimes in someone else's name).

The taxation system is all one big pantomime and your little dance just adds to it. No one here mentioned anyone who earns 50k, except for you. No one here mentioned small/medium business owners, except for you. If you hear someone criticising people for living a nice life, take it up with them. I am talking about the FACT that people on PAYE are forced to pay the rate of tax that they are 'supposed to' while the very wealthiest can dodge and swerve (and still complain about the top rate being too high when they aren't even paying it).

You are paranoid, the bit on bold doesn't imply you are in favour or against it at all. It wasn't directed at you, more a general question.

Unlike...

On small/medium businesses owners? I never did comment on them.

You assumed TOBW was a rich hater simply because he said the rich don't pay the tax they are supposed to. My immediate guess is that he is referring to people whose money does more air miles than Justin Bieber and suspiciously ends up somewhere sunny with a 1% tax rate (sometimes in someone else's name).

The taxation system is all one big pantomime and your little dance just adds to it. No one here mentioned anyone who earns 50k, except for you. No one here mentioned small/medium business owners, except for you. If you hear someone criticising people for living a nice life, take it up with them. I am talking about the FACT that people on PAYE are forced to pay the rate of tax that they are 'supposed to' while the very wealthiest can dodge and swerve (and still complain about the top rate being too high when they aren't even paying it).
    Read the thread back and see where I said that people generalise about the rich, when they have no idea whatsoever what each individual pays.

You have't a clue, so don't generalise.

The tories have done more than labour ever did to cut down on tax avoidance.

You hate the 1% so much that you discredit the entire system. When most well off people pay far more than you ever will.

Pass it off as you simply disliking the 1%, I think you dislike more judging by your comments on the entire system.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 11-01-17 at 08:19.

Read momentums latest release and they say employers are basically scumbags. That is the sort of crass comment from people that will never experience running a business.

The rich get criticised for passing judgement on the poor. I guess the working classes can judge anyone without restraint.

At no point in this thread have I been aggressive, so save your OTT language

Cap is probably an impractical idea, but all elements of Gov't should be looking to implement a reliable system of obtaining transparency regards earnings (I don't necessarily mean full public knowledge) so that those above a certain threshold are made to pay every penny of tax that they owe to the state - like the majority of us 'ordinary' people do.
    Those who already earn a very comfortable amount, but are found to be attempting to defraud the country of more on the sly should be marched off to jail like the crooks that they are.

Utopia I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Cap is probably an impractical idea, but all elements of Gov't should be looking to implement a reliable system of obtaining transparency regards earnings (I don't necessarily mean full public knowledge) so that those above a certain threshold are made to pay every penny of tax that they owe to the state - like the majority of us 'ordinary' people do.
    Those who already earn a very comfortable amount, but are found to be attempting to defraud the country of more on the sly should be marched off to jail like the crooks that they are.

Utopia I know.
    The gov are going through old accounts off shore, demanding people give explanations as to why money has passed through or been stored there. It could've been twenty years ago, they don't care.

I don't really understand how it all works.

I am unsure if they are targeting the big boys who avoid paying millions upon millions but small fry people are getting taken to the cleaners.

The rich get criticised for passing judgement on the poor. I guess the working classes can judge anyone without restraint.
    Society has always, and still does operate that way - there always a perceived 'underdog' who can openly criticise a perceived 'overmaster', but unacceptable the other way round.
    In return they get / get to feel downtrodden.

Does not solely relate to wealth / status.

There have a been a few on here over the years who have been openly contemptuous of the 'great unwashwed' as I recall.