+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All in all... a good day out

All in all... a good day out

Stayed well away from the fallout since yesterday's game although I did browse a few times and was tempted to post, but resisted.

After much deliberation, I went along to the CCS and I have to say though that I was quite shocked at how few did go to the game.
    Some people's reasoning for not attending their team's game did make me chuckle and I get the feeling of some that if they mentioned their reasons they might actually start believing them, or as a kind of absolution of one's sin

I should say at this point by the way that my decision to attend was based on a few reasons and none of them was because I was excited at the prospect of us progressing.

My main one was because I'd already promised her indoors I'd take her out for a drink, footie, some lunch then more drink.
    The second was because I wanted to see whether those on show, incomers (including the new boy Harris), fringe players and possible outgoers, would show up.
    The third was that I'd rather be outdoors than indoors especially after the week long grind (what a beautiful day it was too!).
    Fourthly, I could not bear the thought of listening to the BBC Commentary (was it Rob Phillips?) talking about anything and everything but what was going on on the pitch.

One other thing i wanted to raise is mainly for the people who have started to have a snipe at Warnock... didn't seem like just the usual WUMs or Slade slaves either.
    The FA Cup means a hell of a lot more to some teams than others and this for us, this year anyway, it means Jack sh!t.
    Warnock got it spot on IMO. Rested a few, gave a few a runout and the most important thing didn't draw!

I'm sure that no manager wants to lose a game but HOW MUCH you want to win will transmit to the players and my guess he let them get on with it to a certain extent.
    I'm also guessing that Neil will have given those players a rollicking after the game and sent them home with a flea in their ears but next game will be different and those players, those selected anyway, will be well prepared.

It's all about survival. The reason NW was brought in was simply keep us up.
    The last thing we want to do is play catchup when league games are disrupted due to us having to play in a tournament that we have very little chance of doing well in!

Onwards and upwards and bring on the worzels

Re: All in all... a good day out

This ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Stayed well away from the fallout since yesterday's game although I did browse a few times and was tempted to post, but resisted.

After much deliberation, I went along to the CCS and I have to say though that I was quite shocked at how few did go to the game.
    Some people's reasoning for not attending their team's game did make me chuckle and I get the feeling of some that if they mentioned their reasons they might actually start believing them, or as a kind of absolution of one's sin

I should say at this point by the way that my decision to attend was based on a few reasons and none of them was because I was excited at the prospect of us progressing.

My main one was because I'd already promised her indoors I'd take her out for a drink, footie, some lunch then more drink.
    The second was because I wanted to see whether those on show, incomers (including the new boy Harris), fringe players and possible outgoers, would show up.
    The third was that I'd rather be outdoors than indoors especially after the week long grind (what a beautiful day it was too!).
    Fourthly, I could not bear the thought of listening to the BBC Commentary (was it Rob Phillips?) talking about anything and everything but what was going on on the pitch.

One other thing i wanted to raise is mainly for the people who have started to have a snipe at Warnock... didn't seem like just the usual WUMs or Slade slaves either.
    The FA Cup means a hell of a lot more to some teams than others and this for us, this year anyway, it means Jack sh!t.
    Warnock got it spot on IMO. Rested a few, gave a few a runout and the most important thing didn't draw!

I'm sure that no manager wants to lose a game but HOW MUCH you want to win will transmit to the players and my guess he let them get on with it to a certain extent.
    I'm also guessing that Neil will have given those players a rollicking after the game and sent them home with a flea in their ears but next game will be different and those players, those selected anyway, will be well prepared.

It's all about survival. The reason NW was brought in was simply keep us up.
    The last thing we want to do is play catchup when league games are disrupted due to us having to play in a tournament that we have very little chance of doing well in!

Onwards and upwards and bring on the worzels
    I'm guessing one of the snipers was me but I stand by my view. I don't mind trying new players - I went with the same view as you, nice to get out and a chance to see what the fringe players were like. Didn't even expect to win really BUT I did expect effort and that is the focus of mine and others anger I guess. If you're a fringe player you should want to bust a gut to show what you can do even if you fail. The lack of fight for other than a few like Bamba was actually shocking. That comes from the manager.

By all means decide to play a second team all the way through the FA Cup but at least sent them out to try and win - what is there to lose? They're not going to disrupt the first team structure if injured, and if they turn out to be good they may even give us a few more choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'm guessing one of the snipers was me but I stand by my view. I don't mind trying new players - I went with the same view as you, nice to get out and a chance to see what the fringe players were like. Didn't even expect to win really BUT I did expect effort and that is the focus of mine and others anger I guess. If you're a fringe player you should want to bust a gut to show what you can do even if you fail. The lack of fight for other than a few like Bamba was actually shocking. That comes from the manager.

By all means decide to play a second team all the way through the FA Cup but at least sent them out to try and win - what is there to lose? They're not going to disrupt the first team structure if injured, and if they turn out to be good they may even give us a few more choices.
    Not specifically anyone PB, it was just the feeling I got.

I deliberately chose not to mention the game itself or the players in particular (still trying not to), for one because much had already been said.
    I completely agree with what you say the players did not cover themselves in glory and Bamba and Murphy apart, deserve all the shit from people they are getting, whether they care or not is another thing.
    I must say though that if you are not "on it" right from the start, it is very difficult to get going. I thought as we went ahead early, certain players kind of went through the motions afterwards and before they knew it, we're being out-passed and out-battled in every department.
    We could have expected to have seen a bit of a resurgence in the 2nd half, Warnock has a rep for getting the best out of players after all, but this didn't happen.
    I'm sure NW gave a decent enough team talk of what he'd like to see and where we might stop them but it is then up to the players, many of whom will not have done their chances much good in this side nor be in the shop window long for sure!