+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you believe Trump and, if you do, why do you?

Re: Do you believe Trump and, if you do, why do you?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You tell me.
    It's too soon to tell, but I get the impression there is a concerted effort to make us believe it is the former.

I've also noticed a lot of his policy statements are to do with financial stuff, and his slogan is Make America Great Again. But what if he fails, what will happen then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's too soon to tell, but I get the impression there is a concerted effort to make us believe it is the former.

I've also noticed a lot of his policy statements are to do with financial stuff, and his slogan is Make America Great Again. But what if he fails, what will happen then?
    I expect that Trump the billionaire with his cabinet full of billionaires will make America great for a certain demographic. You have to wonder how motivated they will be to shake up the system that brought them their riches.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    The original Malware was attributed to APT 28/Fancy Bear. Part of the code / phishing attack is that they register domains that are very close or misspelled versions of legit domains. Some of the eviudence being put forward says that they have found some text files with russian words in them. The problem with this is that it is not a Russian technique - it is a general technique used by many.

Most hackers will use the same set of tools to perform the hack, and the Malware used in the DNC hack had been used before. If you recall the Mossack Fonseca (panama papers) then their setup was so easy to hack based on poor design and un secured servers - it was a hack waiting to happen.

Bill Gates (microsoft founder and software developer) once used the DOS operating system. So did I once , but that doesnt make me a billionaire software developer. The same incorrect correlation is being made with regards to the DNC hack.

Cozy Bear / APT28 / Guccifer 2.0 etc all interesting stories and conjecture - but in reality - it could have been anyone. It was probably the Israelis, The Russians, The Ukranians, The Chinese, Anonymous, The Koreans. And whoever did it will try and make it look like someone else.

Considering Trumps stance on Israel you could make an argument for it being them.
    Well perhaps the American intelligence agencies have more evidence than that but you were our when they called round to personally share that with you.

It was quoted somewhere that they were >95% certain that the attack originated in Russia. And I'm sure they will have thought of the scenario that someone else was laying a false trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Well perhaps the American intelligence agencies have more evidence than that but you were our when they called round to personally share that with you.

It was quoted somewhere that they were >95% certain that the attack originated in Russia. And I'm sure they will have thought of the scenario that someone else was laying a false trail.
    It was quoted somewhere that they were >90% certain that Hillary would win the US presidential election

Im sure they did, and a few other scenarios as well. Where it originated from they would not know - they can only guess when they try and find an IP address, but that IP can be spoofed, hidden behind a proxy, come via the TOR network. The same goes for the malware fingerprints they found - being linked to cosybear etc. The code can be copied and used (sold usually) by others especially if it's a zero day exploit - happy days for hacking groups everywhere, until it's discovered an md5 hash released so it can be detected.

Nothing more to say really - enjoy your day and remember if someone drives into the back of your car - dont assume it's a necessarily a russian car that is obviously being driven by a russian.
    So all a hacker needs to do to convince you of their innocence is to make it look like they did it? Interesting.

Not really - its very boring. Unless someone has setup a range of honeypot servers and infrastructure and you can trap the exploit happening in real time - then it's very 'simple' to hide your tracks, create false tracks and basically make it look like anyone has done it after the data has been copied.

Hackers dont have to convince me of anything - what you are looking for is actual digital proof (see point above)

My point previously with stuxnet is that it and other hacks were never traced and although you may have suspicions (Russia, China,. Korea, Ukrane, Israel, Anonymous, US) that is all they will be, as a zero day exploit is unknown until after the event.

Im bored of this now
    On page 2 you said 'it was not the russians'. Did you have proof of this then?