+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe Trump and, if you do, why do you?

Re: Do you believe Trump and, if you do, why do you?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Trump again on his phone today. Says he has no deals, no loans, no nothing with Russia. And yet..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html
    Well now, what'll it be?! - either the man representing 'President Elect' is a shit liar, or some media establishments are going to be whooped by The Donald. If 'he' ever gets to wield any power.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    The number of posters taken in by this fake anti-Trump story has shocked me. I already knew Vimana was a moron but some of you others should hang your heads in shame.
    Oh don't worry about silly 'ol me - you'd better pop off to the States pretty damn quick and help 'em out with your ever evident brilliance because things seem to be snowballing at levels even higher than people chewing the fat football message boards.

I'm sure one of your other multies will stand in for you to the same standard

I watched it for a few minutes, Christ what a car crash of embarrasment.
    The referring to himself in theirs person terms was excruciating,

He genuinely believes his hype, good luck America 😱😃

The line of questioning is awful.

Had a laugh at the BBC representative saying "Hello this XYZ...........from the BBC" with a pause like he was james bond. Everyone was like ok and?.

Some are saying this whole conflict of interest thing is going to be a major problem. And the opposition will go to the courts regardless of how much he tries to distance himself.

It was a bad day at the office for the CNN fella

He's an idiot of epic proportions...as are the American people as a whole.

Without the actual evidence who can really say, yes or no .

If the intelligence services have it ,put up or shut up.

I suspect the Democratic have been caught asleep at the wheel, and the movement to a Republican country has been coming since 2010 , when congress switched power to them .

If Trump brings jobs and security back to the USA , no one will care about his allegiances or indiscretions.
    Last edited by life on mars; 11-01-17 at 18:50.

Trump seems to be the human embodiment of dead cat theory.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Vim - In that address today - he said he went to Moscow as part of the Miss World competition, BUT said he has deals in Russia, no dealings in Russia and no business interests in Russia.

So some of the politicians / news papers / organisation that say otherwise need to publish or withdraw their accusations dont they ? - what do you reckon ?
    Well, surely yes. Maybe the situation is not clearly defined enough to be as black and black&white as that, but there has to be some element of 'pi$$ - or get off the pot' .

As it stands, it seems that either 'they' or PEOTUS has to be making stuff up or downright lying.

The golden shower story sounds highly unlikely to me, maybe it's time for the ex-British spy to show his face?

Regarding Trump, I can't work out whether he is part of the game or not. If there was some big event coming up that needed a helping hand, he could be the perfect person for the job.

Time will tell, and in the meantime I'll be remaining on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Well, surely yes. Maybe the situation is not clearly defined enough to be as black and black&white as that, but there has to be some element of 'pi$$ - or get off the pot' .

As it stands, it seems that either 'they' or PEOTUS has to be making stuff up or downright lying.
    I'd agree, in an ideal world then it should be facts or nothing. But I can't help but feel Trump is getting a taste of his own medicine. There was very little 'put up or shut up' from his team or Breitbart et al during the campaign.

But to put it in context, this 'stuff' is gathering momentum and the person/figurehead implicated is the President Elect of the US.
    As David Vine used to say on AQoS - 'what happens next' ?!

When did these rumours start? I ask only because I heard a similar allegation in an American comedy broadcast I heard that was recorded last Wednesday.

I'd agree, in an ideal world then it should be facts or nothing. But I can't help but feel Trump is getting a taste of his own medicine. There was very little 'put up or shut up' from his team or Breitbart et al during the campaign.
    Absolutely! Though 'he' was not, and is not, alone in that, but 'he' certainly helped 'himself' to Trump-size dollops of it to chuck about.

I suspect 'he' will be whining a lot more about it in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    When did these rumours start? I ask only because I heard a similar allegation in an American comedy broadcast I heard that was recorded last Wednesday.

It's highlighted within Wales-Bales' links posted earlier in the thread.

Started seeping out very early yesterday morning.
    Allegedly/supposedly the US security had been warned about the existence of such material since last October.
    The summary on Trump's misdemeanours which also details the incident carries you refer to carries a date of June 2016, though of course that may very well be more complete bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It is all bollocks Vim. If you look at the trail a 'source' at MI6 gets a dossier from allegedly a Russian 'source' and then hands it over to 'sources' in the US - one of which was John McCain (Republican) who then does the 'necessary' with it and it just so happens to get leaked out.

Tell me where in that chain of events could there be someone somewhere who created the dodgy dossier or even the dodgy 'secret sources' - they'll be telling us next that there are WMD in Trump towers, Trump is really a secret agent for North Korea or perhaps is hair is now radio active
    ..ya heard it here first.

I'm sure it is a bollocks-fest. Who'd recognise or believe any tarnished slivers truth amongst it all now anyway. And maybe that's the idea.
    Just incredible how nakedly ridiculous things have got.

..ya heard it here first.

I'm sure it is a bollocks-fest. Who'd recognise or believe any tarnished slivers truth amongst it all now anyway. And maybe that's the idea.
    Just incredible how nakedly ridiculous things have got.
    This is the beauty of it all. Absolutely everything can now be called 'fake news'. Nobody can be surea bout anything.

Only thing the big cheeses have to do is make sure they're not hoisted with their own petard...

This is the beauty of it all. Absolutely everything can now be called 'fake news'. Nobody can be surea bout anything.

Only thing the big cheeses have to do is make sure they're not hoisted with their own petard...
    Fake news is not new, it goes back thousands of years!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The platforms, the immediacy, the distribution, the methods, the infrastructure that they/we have now - stepped it up into a whole new ball game.

Of course, but it wasn't such a 'thing' even a couple of years ago.

The platforms, the immediacy, the distribution, the methods, the infrastructure that they/we have now - stepped it up into a whole new ball game.
    In the past fake news was presented as ideas or stories which nobody questioned, but now with the free flow of information people have wised up, and now we are at the stage where fake news can be presented as being real, and real news can be presented as being fake. So the solution is to basically take us back to stories and ideas again, where the information is secondary, and all that matters is people believe that official news is real, and everything else is fake. This is the oldest trick in the book.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 12-01-17 at 12:39.

Exactly.

This takes me back to the question I asked in the thread title "Do you believe Trump and, if you do, why do you?" which has not really been answered by anyone yet. It seems some think the claims are fake news because Donald Trump says it is - would they be as quick to believe other politicians if they dismissed lurid allegations about themselves as fake news?

Blog Entries

In the past fake news was presented as ideas or stories which nobody questioned, but now with the free flow of information people have wised up, and now we are at the stage where fake news can be presented as being real, and real news can be presented as being fake. So the solution is to basically take us back to stories and ideas again, where the information is secondary, and all that matters is people believe that official news is real, and everything else is fake. This is the oldest trick in the book.
    Who decides what is fake news?
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...2#.WHeeFlOLSM8

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly.

This takes me back to the question I asked in the thread title "Do you believe Trump and, if you do, why do you?" which has not really been answered by anyone yet. It seems some think the claims are fake news because Donald Trump says it is - would they be as quick to believe other politicians if they dismissed lurid allegations about themselves as fake news?
    If you are a very famous person like Trump then you can't have anything to do with prostitutes. You might as well put an advert in the papers. I know that some British politicians have been caught with them recently but the average person the street would only be able to recognise a handful of our politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly.

I do believe most news outlets refused to touch this story because all aspects were unverifiable, i.e. a load of tosh. However, it seems there was some kind of game in play involving McCain, CIA, CNN and Buzzfeed. The timing was also suspect, coming the evening before a major press conference. If the plan was to damage Trump, then it has backfired horribly.