+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone on here lease a car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone on here lease a car

Rather than own one?? Starting to wonder if it's worth buying one when you consider depreciation each year, tax, mot and servicing....some ok deals about and you always have a new car....I know footballers tend to do it but I don't earn 50k a week, maybe just in a year!!!

Re: Anyone on here lease a car

Yes mate, I've been leasing one for 6 months. Best thing I've ever done. Your basically paying for the depreciation rather than having to worry about it after you have finished paying for a car the normal way. Everyone seems amazed how much I'm paying.

I have also been looking at lease options lately, would appreciate more information from people with experience in doing so, the only negative I have found so far is millage limits, is it expensive to go over millage?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I have also been looking at lease options lately, would appreciate more information from people with experience in doing so, the only negative I have found so far is millage limits, is it expensive to go over millage?
    I pay £0.06 pence per mile if I go over at the end of my lease. Thats £120 for 2000 miles over. Id advise getting your mileage as close to what u need as possible as its cheaper to include it in the monthly price.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Rather than own one?? Starting to wonder if it's worth buying one when you consider depreciation each year, tax, mot and servicing....some ok deals about and you always have a new car....I know footballers tend to do it but I don't earn 50k a week, maybe just in a year!!!

If you earn £50k a year then buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    If you earn £50k a year then buy one.
    Be very careful though, you might have your 50k wages capped or taxed if we see a change in government.

I leased 5 cars in a row and no problems at all.

Whichever company will be keen to make a deal and keep your
    custom when the lease expires.

As said above try to get your mileage accurate and then pay as you go.

Twice I went over the mileage and Citroen waved the fee to do another deal.

About 75% of new cars are sold this way now.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How many miles a year do you do?