+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City ready with 1 million pound bid for Hayes...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City ready with 1 million pound bid for Hayes...

My first instinct was that we shouldn't be looking to spend what is a lot of money by our recent standards on a player who will be 30 in July, but it's encouraging to read how highly the Aberdeen fans rate him. He may not be in the Tony Book class (former Man City captain, and City Assistant Manager I believe, who signed for his first Football League club - Plymouth - at thirty and retired at the age of forty having made over three hundred and twenty appearances), but some players are late developers, perhaps the best of Hayes' career is still to come?

Bid made by Cardiff last night - and rejected by Aberdeen:

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9032.php#.WHiIEC-g_IU

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bid made by Cardiff last night - and rejected by Aberdeen:

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9032.php#.WHiIEC-g_IU
    Christ! He's no Tommy smith is he?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My first instinct was that we shouldn't be looking to spend what is a lot of money by our recent standards on a player who will be 30 in July, but it's encouraging to read how highly the Aberdeen fans rate him. He may not be in the Tony Book class (former Man City captain, and City Assistant Manager I believe, who signed for his first Football League club - Plymouth - at thirty and retired at the age of forty having made over three hundred and twenty appearances), but some players are late developers, perhaps the best of Hayes' career is still to come?
    Think footballers who look after themselves can mature and play on into the age of 35 at most levels now , this lad may see this a good chance to earn a good buck and secure his future financially , and perhaps force himself into the Irish team who may yet qualify from their group ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think footballers who look after themselves can mature and play on into the age of 35 at most levels now , this lad may see this a good chance to earn a good buck and secure his future financially , and perhaps force himself into the Irish team who may yet qualify from their group ??
    Since when have we been helpers for the bog trotters