+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Banned

Re: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Case: 432870 Date: 12/01/2017 User: nugent

Thanks for doing your patriotic duty. Looks like you've earned your liberty for another day.

Ensure you are ready for tomorrow's spot check, citizen.

--

Sponsored by Murdoch Industries Freedom Spot Checks and Prison Facilities Inc.
    Pmsl .
    No problem.
    I've lost the key for my corned beef tin. Is it OK to search for "how to smash my meat in less than 10 seconds?"

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Just looked at my real list.
    Ordered food with just eat.
    Ccmb
    BBC sport
    Top scorers in the elite league

A random page in your post history

Lads, I need to submit a risk assessment and method statement for a big job.
    Cant be arsed to write one and I cant seem to find a generic one off tinternet that I like.
    Now after being a foreman for a few companies over the years Ive sifted through emails and found one from a company I used to work for, its totally relevant but about 100 pages long.

So, I opened the word doc in one drive, changed the name of the company to my company and saved it.
    Its a good job I checked it cos at the bottom of each facking page is a line saying "copyright (the old company name)".

Is there any way to delete them? They are not there in edit mode, they just appear in the final product. aarrghh.
    Let's hope you don't piss someone off enough for them to see you've been half arsing risk assessments

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Yes.
    How small would the possibility have to be before you thought it wasn't worth it?

If they caught one potential terrorist but missed ten because the terrorists found alternative ways to communicate than hotmail, would you still be happy with the charter?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you think terrorists just use a normal broadband provider and internet explorer? Any one intent on causing destruction who's clever enough to actually be dangerous will be using TOR or another such system.

This won't reveal anything about people like that.

Also it's been 12 years since the last major terorrist plot happened in this country, is it worth giving up a civil liberty for something which either isn't as big a threat as the media wants you to think or is already being handled by our security services without the need to look at what sites I've been visiting and what emails I've been sending?
    They would probably use incognito mode

They would probably use incognito mode
    ISPs still know what you've visited, ya goon.

Incognito mode just works at your end.

Banned

A random page in your post history

Let's hope you don't piss someone off enough for them to see you've been half arsing risk assessments
    pmsl. WHAAAT? Meeee? No way. Everyone was impressed with my 100 page document that I produced overnight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    ISPs still know what you've visited, ya goon.

Incognito mode just works at your end.
    Oh fack

What's to stop anyone who's an annoyance to the government, any opposition or protester having their internet history used to slander them?.
    People slander the government of the day.

People despise parking fines, speed fines, fines for being on your phone while driving.

Fines for no TV licenses.

A friend of a family member got fined £1000 for having an out of date drivers license.

etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Day to day people hate the law/government. As 90% of the time they only hear from them in a negative situation. Then they're happy to sign over every lasts scrap of information....

For some reason they've got it into their heads the law and government does the right and correct thing for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How small would the possibility have to be before you thought it wasn't worth it?

If they caught one potential terrorist but missed ten because the terrorists found alternative ways to communicate than hotmail, would you still be happy with the charter?
    The security services of the UK have and always will do what they please.

Stopping terrorists discussing things of gmail is an excuse really for a blanket charter.

I'm surprised the calls to ban whatsapp haven't happened yet considering every message is encrypted.

I'm all for it tbh. Could help stop kiddy fiddlers, terrorists etc etc.
    Just don't like the fact companies like BT get their paws on your information
    Remind me again how that child abuse enquiry is going?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    I have nothing to hide anyway.
    Do you mind if I sit in your living room every evening just to make sure?

Keith Weller is back in the news again.

Surely there's a simple way around this?

If everyone in the uk typed certain things into google every day then their super spy computer would crash under the weight.

If specific keywords are a trigger (Isis,bomb making, politician killing, paedo terrorist on holiday in Syria should do it) then loads of people typing this would ruin their surveillance, thus making it all a bit pointless.

Even if they did have the resources to track down the millions of people doing it, you could just say you were pissing about. You could even show them this post as proof that you're not a beardy bomber, just a bit of a rebel that is fighting back against the snooping.

Problem solved.

I got nothing to hide either.....
    Mr and Mrs r in 1....2.....3....
    Don't you hide the sausage

Has bluetit ever said something funny? That'd probably be a good use for the snooper's charter

Do you think terrorists just use a normal broadband provider and internet explorer? Any one intent on causing destruction who's clever enough to actually be dangerous will be using TOR or another such system.

This won't reveal anything about people like that.

Also it's been 12 years since the last major terorrist plot happened in this country, is it worth giving up a civil liberty for something which either isn't as big a threat as the media wants you to think or is already being handled by our security services without the need to look at what sites I've been visiting and what emails I've been sending?
    I am not sure you quite understand the point of this change in the law. They have already been doing this, is one form or another, but it wasnt "legal" to be able to be presented in court. much of this is nothing new, only now they are enshrining it into law. Whereas before it was done anyway, but couldnt be presented in court.

And the secret services have found weak points in Tor, its more invasive to be able to use. But these new powers likely give them the legal right to use the more invasive powers.

And its 12 years for a reason. The same reason why most of europe is copying and catching up with what we have been doing for a couple of decardes

Blog Entries

This is the thin edge of the wedge in the erosion of civil liberties how can anyone be all for this.

If anyone says "I have nothing to hide anyway" they're completely missing the point.
    ^^ This for a start.

The fact that this is about the snoopers charter is not what should be bothering people, not listening to the petition sends a clear message, they could not care less about what people want.

Apathy is all the consent they need to take over every aspect of your life.

Banned

People are paranoid about the government "snooping" yet they give out loads of information on social media.
    We probably know more about the Colonel than his Mrs

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Very true. I know a few facts about the Colonel but next to nowt about his Mrs. Other than the fact she can't drive between Llandaf North and Radyr very easily.

People are paranoid about the government "snooping" yet they give out loads of information on social media.
    To people are paranoid about sharing information they don't want to share despite sharing information they do want to share 🤔

It isn't about paranoia is it, it's about civil liberties ffs.

All you know about me, or anyone on here, is the stuff they are willing to divulge.

If you had total access to a year's worth of my internet history, phone calls, emails and texts then you'd know more about me than anyone else in the world.

This is what we're giving up to these people and yet not many people seem too bothered about it. In fact there seems to be plenty of people who are very happy for this to be happening because, y'know, the kids or terrorism and stuff.

Banned

To people are paranoid about sharing information they don't want to share despite sharing information they do want to share ��

It isn't about paranoia is it, it's about civil liberties ffs.
    They want to share some information for any tom, dick or harry. But then they moan about their privacy. Ok got that.

Pmsl .
    No problem.
    I've lost the key for my corned beef tin. Is it OK to search for "how to smash my meat in less than 10 seconds?"

They want to share some information for any tom, dick or harry. But then they moan about their privacy. Ok got that.
    You haven't got it have you, you ****ing slow dance.