+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Frost likely at Ashton gate

Frost likely at Ashton gate

we have had this trouble before.
    The Clubs should move the kick off to 3pm where it should have been anyway now to give the game the best chance of taking place on Saturday.

Or is common sense too much to expect

Re: Frost likely at Ashton gate

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    we have had this trouble before.
    The Clubs should move the kick off to 3pm where it should have been anyway now to give the game the best chance of taking place on Saturday.

Or is common sense too much to expect
    You make a fair observation but I don't imagine it is about "common sense".
    I don't think that fixture times can be just swapped about at short notice.
    I cant recall a situation in the upper leagues where they ever have. Only postponed.

Somebody will put me right if the case is otherwise.

I know we are taking about Bristol here, but surely even they have under soil heating.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I know we are taking about Bristol here, but surely even they have under soil heating.
    I can remember a game being called off at CCS during the Riddlers era when I was on the train from London.

Let's hope Brizzle are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I can remember a game being called off at CCS during the Riddlers era when I was on the train from London.

Let's hope Brizzle are better than that.
    That was when they had fitted the under soil heating but it hadn't been connected or something wasn't it?

They have....... but it's not switched on!!

-----

Bristol City are taking extra precautions to ensure Saturday's crunch Severnside derby showdown against Cardiff goes ahead at Ashton Gate.

Snow and freezing conditions have been forecast for the West region during the next 24 hours leading to the Met Office to issue a weather warning.

The weather warning comes into force at midday on Thursday and is currently expected to last until about 9pm.

Any snowfall will happen in the early afternoon, the Met Office said, but sleet is more likely.

The amber snow warning has been updated to include Bristol as an affected area.

Sub-zero conditions could potentially give rise to an issue with the Ashton Gate playing surface.

City had undersoil heating installed when moving their Desso pitch as part of their stadium redevelopment project last summer, but the facility is not yet ready to be switched on.

The Robins will instead rely on heavy covers, which will used to cover the pitch this evening. These will stay in place until Bristol Rugby play on Friday night and then be put back in readiness for Saturday's midday kick-off against Cardiff.

City head of media Adam Baker confirmed: "We are aware of the weather forecast and have taken necessary steps to ensure te pitch is playable and the game goes ahead as planned.

"The pitch will be covered and heat lamps are also available, so we do not envisage any problems."

Weather forecast for the Ashton Gate post code on Saturday - it is the BBC mind, so I don't believe them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bs3

So the rugger buggers are playing on the pitch on Friday. Hardly ideal preparation

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So the rugger buggers are playing on the pitch on Friday. Hardly ideal preparation
    Less than 18 hours before. How are they going to manage to play their total (shit) football after the rugger buggers have been plodding around on it?

Surely there is enough hot air being blurted out by their fans to keep the frost away

This is a fixture I rarely miss. However, I will be at the Nou Camp on Saturday afternoon.

That was when they had fitted the under soil heating but it hadn't been connected or something wasn't it?
    Aye, to save money

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    This is a fixture I rarely miss. However, I will be at the Nou Camp on Saturday afternoon.
    Ah well, easy mistake I suppose, but it is definitely at Ashton Gate.